Senior Manager Mobile Shopping Solutions
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 19001370
Job Category Sales and Marketing
Location Marriott International HQ, 10400 Fernwood Road, Bethesda, Maryland, United States VIEW ON MAP
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
The Senior Product Manager, mobile shopping is key to driving booking revenue growth for Marriott’s mobile channels. You will have the opportunity
to be part of an exciting new team within Marriott Digital focused on building specific shopping journeys and shopping features that drive value for
our guests. In your role, you will work with a team of developers, designers, marketers, and other business stakeholders to grow revenue, room
nights, active users, and engagement. You must have a passion for travel, knowledge of mobile design and development standards and experience
with ecommerce products.
Education and Experience
• 4-year degree from an accredited university in Engineering, Marketing, Business Administration, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related
major and 4 years’ experience in the business, sales and marketing, management operations, or related professional area.
• Graduate degree in business or marketing
• 1-3 years of product management experience
• 1-3 years of commerce experience
• Ability to work in an Agile/Scrum software development practice.
• Ability to manage and understand KPIs that can be used to make data driven decisions and requirements
• Manage and understand Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and make data driven decisions.
• Perform multi-variate tests to validate new ideas and features
• Strong understanding mobile application operating systems (iOS and Android) and their native capabilities.
• Engineering background and understanding of data call flows, data layers, service caching, APIs, data networks and data bases.
• Has built product/feature roadmaps and delivery schedules
• Ability to prioritize and communicate priorities to leadership and cross functional teams and ensure they get completed in an order that drives
the most value for the customer and the company.
• Ability to see the big picture and break down product delivery into manageable technical implementations while delivering value and moving
towards the final goal.
• Ability to pivot from existing plan to address any unforeseen circumstances and maintain calm within the development team.
• Ability to identify new opportunities to drive better customer experiences and/or incremental revenues
• Excellent communicator, both written and spoken. Must be able to explain product vision, business objective, technical feasibility, define
requirements, and technical implementations.
• Strong problem-solving skills and able to get into the technical weeds to come to a solution.
• Has a Global Mindset, understands that the products and services are used differently across our global customer base and that we must tailor
or products to best meet their need while maintaining operational efficiencies.
• Questions the status quo to find better solutions that allow us to work smarter and faster
• Develop and manage ecommerce feature backlog specific to mobile platform aligned with Digital’s strategic initiatives
• Define features in collaboration with UX and IT that can be understood and executed by an agile development team
• Dive deep into analytics, customer feedback data, and other product data to determine feature performance, KPIs, and overall ecommerce
• Use data to identify opportunities to engage with users as well as to define segmentation and targeting strategies
• Design and implement A/B tests to optimize each and every component prior to full launch
• Align product features with broader shopping solutions team on initiatives across web, mobile web, and app
• Communicate commerce specific product backlog, releases, and status of in-progress activities to product leadership
• Present product concepts, strategies, designs, and new releases to small and large groups, senior executives, and external parties