Manager, SMR Analytics, Revenue Management
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 190012XO
Job Category Revenue Management
Location Europe Office - London, Barnard's Inn, 86 Fetter Lane, London, Greater London, United Kingdom VIEW ON MAP
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Marriott International is the world’s largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?
The role provides support to ensure that Marriott’s key Revenue Management priorities and programs are executed, sustained and optimized.
This role will execute and/or develop and apply processes and tools to help monitor and measure performance for the Continent focusing on area support across Revenue Management related analytical need areas / initiatives.
• Language Requirements: High proficiency (speaking, reading and writing) in English is required.
• Travel Requirements: There is a 10% business travel required.
• Support and execute owner reporting for key ownership groups and management companies in Europe.
• Optimize and produce monthly reporting and analysis by enhancing existing SQL code and implementing stakeholder feedback on existing Tableau reports.
• Monitor hotels’ performance, by utilizing all relevant tools, data and reports. Uses the results of this analysis to educate the team on performance trends and potential opportunities or areas of concern.
• Identify performance gaps of hotels and provide strategic and mitigating advice for solution to Area Directors of Revenue Management.
Other contributions can include:
• Communicate results to Europe Rev Mgt teams in timely and resourceful manner to facilitate their ability to meet deadlines.
• Develop and present analytical recommendations and actionable insights to disseminate findings and successful practices to Europe SMR leaders.
• Work on special projects as assigned which allow leaders across SMR to support their stakeholders to be more effective and meet their goals.
• Build strong relationships with Rev Mgt team leaders to identify strategic objectives and prioritize work.
• Coordinate and collaborate with headquarters and analytic resources from other continents to deliver consistent and best in practice analytic tools and strategies to the Continent.
• Work with corporate and continent teams to evaluate business performance and drive new techniques for understanding key business drivers.
• Support analytic teams to deliver reports and analysis that meet the needs of Continent stakeholders consistent with the approach and standards of Corporate, Global analytic teams.
• Participate cross-departmental relationships to spur collaboration between projects.
• Think creatively and practically to develop and refine existing and new reports and tools used by regional leaders as well as hotel revenue leaders.
• Generate and provide accurate and timely results in the form of reports, presentations, etc.
• Develop specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish work for self and direct reports.
• Establish and maintain open, collaborative relationships with associates and ensures associates do the same within the team.
• Actively solicit associate feedback, utilize an “open door” policy and review associate satisfaction results to identify and address associate problems or concerns. Ensures associates are treated fairly and equitably. Constantly strive to improve associate retention. Bring issues to the attention of Human Resources as necessary.
CANDIDATE PROFILE - KEY TALENTS AND EXPERIENCE DESIRED
• +2 years of professional experience, demonstrating progressive career growth and a pattern of exceptional performance in hotel Revenue Management.
• MS Excel (required, advanced), Visual Basic for Applications (required, intermediate)
• BigSQL (required, intermediate)
• Tableau (required, intermediate)
• Strong understanding of sales distribution systems (Marriott.com, voice, GDS, OTAs), revenue management systems (HPP, MARSHA, OneYield, etc.), and revenue strategy.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
• 2+ years of professional experience, demonstrating a pattern of exceptional performance in analytically positions in the travel industry.
• SQL, SAS, R, Pythong, Cognos, MS Access experience (preferred)
• Demonstrated ability to conduct and engage in analytics with practical applications to business needs.
• Demonstrates self-confidence, energy and enthusiasm & informs and updates Senior Leaders on relevant information.
• Manages time effectively and conducts activities in an organized manner.
• Presents ideas, expectations and information in a concise, organized manner.
• Uses problem solving methodology for decision making and follow up.
EDUCATION AND PROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATION:
• Bachelor’s degree preferred, preferably in a quantitative discipline (e.g finance, operations research, economics, or statistics).