Senior Manager, Product & Service Innovation, CX Innovation
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 190010XO
Job Category Sales and Marketing
Location Marriott International HQ, 10400 Fernwood Road, Bethesda, Maryland, United States VIEW ON MAP
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
The mission of the CX Innovation team is to deliver innovations that ensure our enterprise and brands are differentiated, relevant, and competitive in support of Marriott International’s broader vision of becoming the world’s favorite travel company. We lead by discovering insights, developing concepts and developing prototypes for major initiatives and high profile projects. We collaborate with internal and external partners and monitor in-market performance of new initiatives to ensure the successful build and deployment of breakthrough concepts. We are a part of the Customer Experience Discipline that focuses on driving customer-centricity throughout Marriott.
The Senior Manager, Product and Service innovation serves as a key contributor within the CX Innovation team focused on applying and evolving innovation strategies that ultimately enable connected and compelling consumer experiences at property, portfolio and enterprise levels. This position will contribute toward diverse projects with portfolio and enterprise impact, closely collaborating with across the CX Product & Service Innovation, Digital Innovation and Visual Design teams, as well as cross-disciplinary teams within and beyond BMSC. Ensuring brand, operational and digital experience integrity for both on and above property experiences, this role will also help execute new processes, tools and resources that position CX Innovation as the cutting-edge COE for innovation, style and experience design excellence, as well as elevating the culture of innovation across teams and disciplines. As a core project contributor, the role requires the ability to gather and assess consumer, market and company insights to deliver intelligent and fresh perspectives; the ability to communicate strategies and concepts verbally and visually; the ability to collaborate with diverse internal and external teams to shepherd the innovation process from insights to concepts and prototypes, addressing operational and digital dimensions while supporting disruptive, human-centered thinking solutions which stretches our brands, disciplines and company.
This position actively contributes towards strategy for key brand, enterprise and emerging projects, synthesizes the results of detailed research efforts across a variety of platforms, creates unique, operational concepts that reflect market and consumer preference, and provides an innovation lens to market-based initiatives across the Marriott International enterprise. This role will have hands-on involvement for concept activation in high priority initiatives (on- and above-property) and reflects Marriott International’s emphasis on and commitment to design leadership, operations integration and results of high integrity. The CX Innovation team seeks individuals who are self-starters, embody a disruptor mindset, are natural collaborators and influencers, and capable of driving program delivery.
The core accountabilities for this position are as follows:
- Project Contributor / Workstream Leader – Supports CX leadership in developing innovation strategies, concepts, processes and tools. He/she will support the development and implementation of innovation processes and tools. The ability to understand and apply a specific brand strategy lens to each project is essential. He/she may lead a full project, or a portion of a larger innovation initiative. They will apply a broad range of creative and problem solving skills that bring together analysis, insights and relevant trends to innovation recommendations
- Concept Design – Take brand strategy, trends and consumer insights and apply and translate them into creative programs and operational concepts related to all areas of the guest experience journey. This role helps to explore property-level concepts, adjacencies to our business, new business opportunities and the evolution of Marriott International’s holistic end-to-end customer experience across physical, digital and human touchpoints.
Strategy & Concept Development Projects
- Create disruptive innovative concepts, informed through human-centered, competitive and internal insights, that significantly contribute towards capturing greater share of mind, hearts and wallet across the travel journey
- Lead the experience and service design portions of the project in partnership with Digital and Visual Design Innovation teams
- Conducts environmental scanning to identify trends & unique ways of activating those trends
- Able to synthesize concepts into actionable and profitable designs
- Delivers innovative, profitable and cost effective design solutions
- Lead development of executive presentations to deliver key recommendations/concepts
Innovation Process and Tools Development
- Lead the continued development, refinement of core innovation practices, processes and tools
- Lead/facilitate workshops, sessions, meetings to elevate/teach innovation processes, tools, culture
- Work with team to track project pipeline, group capacity and project prioritization.
- Serve as key coordinator to bring external ideas into the business – through tracking, prioritizing and escalating ideas to the business.
Maintains Enterprise-wide Stakeholder Relationships
- Establishes strong relationships with key cross-functional partners (i.e., Brands, Operations, Digital, Insights, Marketing, etc. to ensure alignment of efforts)
- Acts as a direct point of contact for all stakeholders seeking design-specific product or service support
- Creative Execution Team
- Supports through actions a culture and process of continuous innovation and improvement
- Manages the appropriate integration mechanisms to ensure smooth hand-off to key partners in Global Operations
- Utilizes best practice work flows and processes
- 4-year degree from an accredited university in Business, Hospitality, Design, Innovation, or related major
- 6+ years of relevant professional experience in innovation, hospitality or related function, demonstrating progressive career growth and pattern of exceptional performance.
- Mastery of Microsoft Products: Word, Power Point, Excel.
- Experience with Adobe Products: In Design, Illustrator, Photoshop.
- Proficiency with web-based research/analysis tools: Survey Monkey, Google Analytics, New
- Meets project timelines, ensuring delivery (including stage gate) deadlines are met.
- Documents and readily provides project progress updates accurately.
- Provides input and assistance to other teams regarding projects.
Managing Work, Projects, and Policies
- Excellent team player, with the ability to collaborate effectively with partners, project managers, art directors.
- Complements existing research & design teams to take brand strategies, trends & consumer insights & apply& translate them into creative programs/operational concepts
- Generates and provides accurate and timely results in the form of presentations, other, etc.
- Analyzes information and evaluates results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Provides timely, accurate, and detailed status reports as requested.
Demonstrating and Applying Discipline Knowledge
- Proficiency in human-centered design process (Design Thinking)
- Experience interpreting trends and research to design and implement innovative products and services that support brand vision
- Provides technical expertise and support to persons inside and outside of the department.
- Demonstrates knowledge of job-relevant issues, products, systems, and processes.
- Demonstrates knowledge of function-specific procedures.
- Keeps up-to-date technically and applies new knowledge/programs/platforms to job.
- Uses computer systems/platforms (including hardware and software) effectively
- Provides information to supervisors and co-workers by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person in a timely manner.
- Demonstrates self confidence, energy and enthusiasm.
- Informs and/or updates leaders on relevant information in a timely manner.
- Manages time effectively and conducts activities in an organized manner.
- Presents ideas, expectations and information in a concise, organized manner.
- Uses problem solving methodology for decision making and follow up.
- Performs other reasonable duties as assigned by manager.