Assistant Manager - Program Services Fund
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 19000YTZ
Job Category Finance and Accounting
Location Marriott International HQ, 10400 Fernwood Road, Bethesda, Maryland, United States VIEW ON MAP
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Overview of Project: Project Pyramid implemented a Program Services Fund (PSF) effective 1/1/19 to all hotels. FCC is responsible for leading efforts for the PSF implementation and stabilization, including compliance with reimbursable contract provisions and operationalizing the calculation, billing, and reporting of the PSF.
Overview of Position: The Assistant Manager will be a key contributor in operationalizing and stabilizing the PSF. The Assistant Manager will be a key contributor to executing the implementation of the PSF while sustaining contract compliance. Implementation of the PSF will include establishing standard and consistent procedures on a global basis, mitigate risk through automation, standardize SOX controls around Marriott’s revenues, improve visibility to contractual calculations including exceptions (to support billing to hotels), and facilitate reporting.
The Assistant Manager will partner with multiple stakeholders including Finance Business Partner teams and Corporate leadership, other Finance and discipline teams, as well as external stakeholders. She/he must be adept at tapping diverse sources of information, identifying profitable opportunities, anticipating challenges, devising and executing breakthrough strategies/approaches to deliver against the current and future business priorities, and engaging and partnering with key business leaders and owners, thereby strengthening Marriott’s competitive advantage through excellence in financial management.
- Participate in the execution and refinement of business processes effective 1/1/19 for facilitating PSF accruals as needed, initiating and monitoring PSF billing, PSF impacted exceptions/ credits, and sustaining consistent processes across 6,000+ hotels.
- Perform responsibilities in support of the month end and quarter end accounting procedures related to the PSF processes, including revenue recognition procedures, owned/leased hotel procedures, account reviews and analysis, and report preparation and analysis.
- Provide updates, analysis, perform research, and maintain the global hotel set up for PSF calculations monthly, to ensure PSF calculations for hotels are configured and maintained in accordance with PSF guiding principles (rates, classifications, controls, calculations) and contract compliance. This includes routine updates to the PSF property profile and coordination with key business partners.
- Assist in the efforts to ensure the Owner Franchise Billing (OFB) system PSF customer set up is accurate for all customers participating in the PSF and aligned with the PSF calculation model.
- Execute monthly close process to ensure results are reflected accurately for the PSF accruals and billing.
- Perform analytical review of PSF results and research unusual variances.
- Support balance sheet account reconciliations monthly, ensure balances are accurate and reconciliations contain property support for balances. Partner with Accenture Hospitality Services (AHS) and manager to ensure completeness and accuracy of account reconciliations.
- Partner with the Contract Compliance team to keep stakeholders aligned and updated on PSF stabilization.
- Partner with Project Train to configure the PSF in the contract engine to support contract compliance, including exceptions/operational credits and property invoicing requirements.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with the Project Team, Continent stakeholders, Centers of Expertise, Accenture Hospitality Services, Finance Business Partners and other subject matter experts, to effectively influence business decisions, financial outcomes, and optimize overall work effectiveness in support of PSF.
- Assist with audit related questions and schedules.
- Focus on providing excellent customer service to both internal and external stakeholders to Marriott.
- Performs other duties as assigned to meet business needs.
- Minimum of 4+ years’ experience in a management experience a plus
- Marriott International experience strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of generally accepted finance and accounting policies, principles and controls; as well as Marriott-specific accounting and finance processes and systems.
- In depth knowledge and understanding of MI business model and management and franchisee contracts.
- Strong communicates skills, both orally and in writing; listens to others and effectively comprehends information; creates an environment allowing timely information flows throughout the organization.
- Understanding of Marriott’s management contracts and business models.
- Well-organized and strong organizational and managerial skills to be able to manage multiple priorities, adjust to changing business demands and follow through on commitments.
- Proficient in spreadsheet and other business software applications.
- Strong people management skills; ability to motivate others to perform at peak levels; ability to enhance the organization’s capabilities through effective management of resources and skills.
- High degree of initiative; highly motivated self-starter.
- Supports, manages and initiates change within the organization, taking steps to remove barriers or to accelerate its pace. - Fosters relationships and a positive climate to build effective teams that are committed to organizational goals and initiatives.
- Effective in prioritizing work and following through on commitments.
Education and Professional Certification
- Baccalaureate degree in Finance, Accounting or related discipline required
- CPA or MBA preferred
This position will be based at MI Corporate Headquarters.