Human Resources Manager, BMSC
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 19000UKK
Job Category Human Resources
Location Marriott International HQ, 10400 Fernwood Road, Bethesda, Maryland, United States VIEW ON MAP
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
The Human Resources Manager, Brand, Marketing, Sales & Consumer Services (BMSC) will support the organization in the areas of talent acquisition, total compensation, performance management, learning, employee engagement and communications – primarily for the Loyalty organization. The HR Manager, BMSC supports the effective execution of the HR business priorities for the assigned departments(s) by facilitating communication, collaboration of efforts, and sharing HR systems expertise.
Education and Experience Required
· BA or MA in human resources related field
· 2 years’ experience in human resources or related professional area.
· HRMS systems and applications (e.g. Peoplesoft, Compensation, Performance Management, and Human Capital Planning)
· Advanced skills in MS Excel, Powerpoint, and Word; basic proficiency with Visio.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Executes annual HR programs and processes.
· Develops and maintains annual HR project calendar and owns process to proactively communicate key deliverables.
· Drafts communication templates related to core HR programs.
· Assists in the execution of human resource initiatives, strategies, policies and practices in support of the HR Generalist team.
· Monitors organizational compliance with Marriott’s talent acquisition processes.
· Develops and maintains organizational job descriptions.
· Collects Human Capital Review (HCR) data and organizes reports.
· Assists in communication and reporting for Performance Goals and Personal Development Plan compliance.
· Manages compliance reporting and communications.
· Manages Engagement Survey (ES) logistics including registration, reporting, and action planning compliance efforts.
· Tracks and monitors compliance with total compensation systems, tools, programs, and policies.
· Coordinates and implements work and projects as assigned.
Supports discipline compensation activities.
· Prepares year-end compensation process details, communication materials and timelines.
· Executes merit process for associates by gathering performance ratings, merit, promotion and equity recommendations.
· Reviews and reconciles salary recommendations to ensure compliance with merit ranges and to ensure recommendations are consistent with ‘pay for performance’ philosophy.
Develops and maintains HR work processes.
· Works with team to develop sustainable work processes and systems that support the execution of HR programs and processes.
· Maintains complete and up-to-date information to ensure accurate reporting.
· Partners with departmental organizational chart administrators to ensure discipline organizational charts are up to date and accurate.
· Partners with HR Services department on issues related to data management, benefits, payroll, and other HR processes.
· Supports the execution of the HR business priorities across the organization by facilitating communication, collaboration of efforts and sharing HR systems expertise.
· Identifies opportunities for improvement in work processes and supports efforts to drive operational efficiencies across BMSC HR processes.
· Attends and participates in all relevant meetings.
· Presents ideas, expectations and information in a concise, organized manner.
· Uses problem solving methodology for decision making and follow up.
· Maintains positive working relations with internal customers and department managers.
· Manages time effectively and conducts activities in an organized manner.
· Performs other reasonable duties as assigned by manager.
· Adaptability - Maintains performance level under pressure or when experiencing changes or challenges in the workplace.
· Communication - Conveys information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner through a variety of methods.
· Problem Solving and Decision Making - Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; obtains and compares information from different sources to draw conclusions, develops and evaluates alternatives and solutions, solves problems, and chooses a course of action.
· Professional Demeanor - Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
· Building and Contributing to Teams - Participates as a member of a team to move toward the completion of common goals while fostering cohesion and collaboration among team members.
· Driving for Results - Sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required.
· Planning and Organizing - Gathers information and resources required to set a plan of action for self and/or others; prioritizes and arranges work requirements to accomplish goals and ensure work is completed.
· Coworker Relationships - Interacts with others in a way that builds openness, trust, and confidence in the pursuit of organizational goals and lasting relationships.
· Customer Relationships - Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer/stakeholder needs and actions consistent with the company’s service standards.
· Global Mindset - Supports employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
Generating Talent and Organizational Capability
· Talent Management - Provides support and feedback to help individuals develop and strengthen skills and abilities needed to accomplish work objectives.
Learning and Applying Professional Expertise
· Applied Learning - Seeks and makes the most of learning opportunities to improve performance of self and/or others.
· Business Acumen - Understands and utilizes business information to manage everyday operations and generate innovative solutions to approach business and administrative challenges.
· Technical Acumen - Understands and utilizes professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct and manage everyday business operations and generate innovative solutions to approach function-specific work challenges.
o Demonstrates strong proficiency with core HR systems and applications (e.g. Peoplesoft HRMS, Marrpay, Report Writer, Compensation Tool, myHR, Performance Management, and Human Capital Planning)
· Basic Competencies - Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing basic work activities.
o Basic Computer Skills - Uses basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
o Mathematical Reasoning - Adds, subtracts, multiplies, or divides quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issues.
o Oral Comprehension - Listens to and understands information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
o Reading Comprehension – Understands written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
o Writing - Communicates effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.