Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 19000SCT
Job Category Reservations
Location Paris Cluster, Puteaux, Hauts de Seine VIEW ON MAP
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
• Provide friendly, efficient and helpful service to customers and colleagues, both internal and external. Sell the participating hotels, their facilities and have full product knowledge of the hotels and their features and benefits.
• Respect all the procedures in place within the department: privacy and confidentiality of the guest information, reservations procedure, respect of the quality of service standards.
• To answer phones in a prompt and courteous manner.
• To treat all customers (internal and external) with courtesy and respect, and to refer to them by name and ensure that any customer concerns are handled in a timely manner.
• To have a thorough understanding of both Marriott Rewards Loyalty programs and Marriott Incentive Awards programs.
Policies and procedures
• Protect the privacy and security of guests and coworkers.
• Maintain confidentiality of proprietary materials and information.
• Follow company and department policies and procedures.
• Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
• Verify all reservation information with callers to ensure accuracy.
• Determine the most appropriate room type to meet guest requirements and maximize room rate.
• Explain guarantee and cancellation policies to callers.
• Describe room accommodations and benefit feature sale amenities to guests.
• Verify availability of room type, rate, and occupancy before confirming any reservations.
• Process all reservation requests, changes, and cancellations received by phone, fax, or mail.
• Use sales techniques when assisting guests in making reservations, including personalizing calls, obtaining complete guest needs, suggesting alternate dates or directing guests to sister properties on sold out days.
• Answer guest questions about property facilities/services (e.g., hours of operation, room availability, restricted dates, rates and room types, packages, promotions, entertainment, restaurants, special events).
• Assign confirmation/cancellation numbers and clearly relay this information to callers, giving them the option of emailing and/or faxing these numbers.
• Identify guest reservation needs by asking open-ended questions to obtain all necessary information, including enrollment in Marriott Rewards program.
• Follow “up selling” techniques and sales strategies in order to maximize property revenue.
Identify repeat guests using appropriate codes.
• Actively listen and respond positively to guest questions, concerns, and requests using brand or property specific process (e.g., LEARN, PLEASED, Guest Response, LEAP) to resolve issues, delight, and build trust.
• Address guests' service needs in a professional, positive, and timely manner.
• Anticipate guests' service needs, including asking questions of guests to better understand their needs and watching/listening to guest preferences and acting on them whenever possible.
• Welcome and acknowledge each and every guest with a smile, and a friendly verbal greeting, using the guest's name when possible.
• Thank guests with genuine appreciation and provide a fond farewell.
• Speak to guests and co-workers using clear, appropriate and professional language.
• Answer telephones using appropriate etiquette including answering the phone within 3 rings, answering with a smile in one's voice, using the callers' name, transferring calls to appropriate person/department, requesting permission before placing the caller on hold, taking and relaying messages, and allowing the caller to end the call.
• Talk with and listen to other employees to effectively exchange information.
• High School Diploma or equivalent required
• No experience in a reservation center required
Skills and Knowledge
• Communication: Ability to listen and communicate
• French mandatory and English fluent, a third language would be appreciated
• Customer service orientation
• Computer skills (Microsoft office)
• Team work
• Positive attitude