Paralegal II - Americas Lodging
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 19000S05
Job Category Legal
Location Marriott International HQ, Bethesda, Maryland VIEW ON MAP
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
The Americas Lodging legal team helps Marriott achieve business objectives by representing Marriott in key relationships arising from Marriott’s system of managed and franchised hotels in the United States and Canada. The Paralegal II position is an integral part of the team and will be located at Marriott’s corporate headquarters in Bethesda, Maryland. This position will report to a Vice President & Senior Counsel on the Americas Lodging legal team.
The Paralegal II will primarily provide direct transactional support (a) on issues arising from existing franchise agreements (such as interpretations, amendments, or terminations) and (b) for hotel owner transactions (such as sales and financings of hotels and ownership restructurings).
Specific Job Summary
The primary responsibilities of this position will be:
- Work directly with Marriott business leaders.
- Draft documents, using standard forms and templates.
- Communicate with representatives of hotel owners and hotel lenders, including sending them draft documents, receiving and reviewing their comments, negotiating changes, reviewing organizational due diligence, and coordinating the finalization and execution of the documents.
- Update database to reflect executed transactions.
- Undertake special assignments, including research, review, and analysis of contract documentation and other issues.
- Two year college degree and
- Minimum relevant work experience of three years.
- At least ten years of relevant work experience as a paralegal
Has basic subject matter paralegal experience; Paralegal Certificate preferred but not required.
Successful candidates should possess knowledge and skills as follows:
- Good drafting and negotiating skills
- Good written and oral communication sklls
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong business ethics and personal integrity
- Ability to work independently, take ownership of issues, and effectively resolve problems
- Ability to identify and assess key issues
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to interact effectively, work diplomatically, and foster relationships with individuals at all levels
- Strong conflict management skills and ability to influence and achieve successful results without coercion and without damaging relationships – needs to have a collaborative style and attitude
- Solid organizational and time management skills
- Professional presence and approach
- Balanced judgment and poise under pressure
- Diligence, dependability, and strong work ethic
- Flexibility to adapt to changing priorities quickly and comfortably
- High energy, drive, and enthusiasm for work
- A self-starter with a positive, “can-do” attitude
- Ability to act independently to improve and increase skills and knowledge