Sr. Admin Assistant to Chief Sales and Marketing Officer, Americas
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 19000NNL
Job Category Administrative
Location Marriott International HQ, Bethesda, Maryland VIEW ON MAP
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
- Assembles, gains approval for and then distributes sales & marketing reports (e.g., the Quarterly Business Review document and the Americas Monthly Update) to senior executives including the Chairman and CEO for Marriott International.
- Prepares presentations on behalf of the CSMO and Vice President, Communications and Change Management, and in support of other senior leaders on the Americas’ team.
- Answers CSMO's telephone line; provides callers with responses to all types of requests, both routine and those requiring research and follow‑up; directs calls to the appropriate person or takes messages. Develops alternatives to handle requests when many times the problems are not clearly identified or involve sensitive issues. Routinely responds back directly to the caller after performing research or follow‑up.
- Schedules appointments and meetings; manages both Outlook Calendars for CSMO and VP under pending deadlines; Manages large volume of meeting and calendar requests and must respond in timely manner.
- Coordinates both domestic and international travel and create detailed itineraries and agendas; makes travel arrangements, evaluating alternatives and making decisions regarding pricing and logistical issues.
- Composes all types of correspondence or documents, many times on behalf of the CSMO and/or Vice President, Communications and Change Management. Correspondence may be directed toward outside owners, customers or senior level executives.
- Processes data through an automated administrative system. This will include processing items such as expense reports, accounts payable, payroll and personnel data. Performs research and follow‑up necessary to solve problems encountered related to the processing of the administrative systems; processes invoices and meeting billing.
- Researches questions and problems regarding departmental or administrative policies, procedures, information or services, including questions which are complex in nature. Research typically requires obtaining data from multiple sources. Will have responsibility for a specific departmental process/system which entails research and analytical responsibilities (e.g., managing departmental budgets, communications site, preparation of dept. organization chart, process invoices, etc.).Reconciles monthly departmental expense accounts as reflected on the distribution summary or operating statement; identifies discrepancies; and prepares variance analyses to explain comparisons to last year's results or the current year budget.
- Manage development and forecasting of budget and operating statement. Produce and distribute periodic sales & marketing reports to internal and external stakeholders.
- Develops databases and/or spreadsheets, and PowerPoint presentations.
- Will be required to perform Office Management responsibilities including but not limited to ordering Department Office Supplies and Computer Equipment/Services, maintaining printers and scanners; address functionality issues with the appropriate technical team, ensure paper and toner supplies are adequate, keep area tidy, maintain storage as needed, filing cabinets in tidy and organized condition maintain reservation book for Conference Line Work with Facilities/Telephone Ops when service is needed/issues are encountered.
- Provide back-up support to Owners’ Quarterly Meetings including but not limited to coordination, collection and assembly of deliverables for Quarterly Book delivery of books to executives. In conjunction with other admin assistants, where needed, help schedule meetings, coordinate catering and meeting space
- Provide support to Americas monthly, quarterly, and yearly meetings- want to include Summit as yearly. Develop agenda with leadership team, source locations and analyze contracts to sign, coordinate F+B and AV needs as well as rooming lists, and communications to attendees.
- Provide support to coordinate work and meetings for the Communications and Change Management team. Duties may include sharing documents, scheduling meetings, booking conference rooms, preparing agendas, etc.
- Update BLT/WIG each month (adjusting the numbers for the Americas SMR team); responsible for gathering 2018 WIGS for CSMO and Direct Reports
- Miscellaneous tasks including but not limited to: Onboard new Associates/Coordinate; Work Exit for Exiting Associates; Create/Maintain meeting matrix, international dialing rules, international office recognized holidays and Americas Finance organization charts; coordination of Office/Cube moves; other Ad hoc Requests
- Complete knowledge of a full range of administrative processes typically gained through extensive years of experience.
- Complete knowledge of the mission, functions, organizational structure, policies and procedures of their department and division and a general knowledge of those pertaining to the Company. Incumbent is viewed as a resource to others concerning these areas.
- Knowledge of advanced functions of a word processing package and may require a working knowledge of other business software packages, including spreadsheet and graphics packages.
- Knowledge of producing financial reports and spreadsheets; therefore accounting or finance knowledge gained thorough work experience or course study would be beneficial.
- Working knowledge of PowerPoint and ability to create and/or modify presentations.
- Incumbent receives minimal supervision. Instructions are received at the beginning of complex projects and sensitive assignments; resulting work is generally reviewed at completion. Some work may be distributed without review.
- Incumbent is responsible for executing based on priorities and establishing procedures for completing responsibilities. Incumbent is responsible for resolving and determining the urgency level of conflicting priorities.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills; strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to develop and nurture relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Must demonstrate ability to work independently, using sound judgment in decision making and discretion when handling confidential matters
- Must be able to multi-task and manage work effectively during severe time constraints
- Must be organized, self-motivated, detail oriented, attentive to deadlines and a team player
- Must be proficient in basic computer skills, Microsoft Office Applications; proficiency in PeopleSoft, OnDemand, Marrpay and Visio is strongly preferred
- Ability to work effectively given the nature of our clients being in multiple countries and time zones (a global mindset)
- Professional demeanor: exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
- Responds to ad hoc communications requests.
- Support requests by department managers as needed