Regional Manager Internal Controls, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 19000NM6
Job Category Finance and Accounting
Location Dubai Area Office, Dubai, United Arab Emirates VIEW ON MAP
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
The Regional Manager Internal Controls is a key member of the Finance Team in Middle East and Africa, working under the general supervision of the Director Internal Controls and Compliance. The position carries out reviews at hotels or task force to assist hotels with challenges and assess controls and adherence to Company Policies and Procedures and supply recommendations to aid improvement where necessary. The role contributes to the formulation and implementation of controls where new processes are required. The role provides training for hotels associates and managers to strengthen and enhance the processes and tools to help create strong internal controls which in turn will minimize risk and safeguard company assets.
Education and Experience
• Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or a related field; successful completion of intermediate accounting required.
• Minimum of 4 years of experience, including at least one of the following areas:
o 1+ year as previous Marriott Director of Finance
o 2+ years as previous Assistant Controller
o 3+ years’ experience in hotel auditing
• Able to travel minimum 70% with base in KSA -Jeddah
• Knowledge of Arabic and English languages are required
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
• Submits reports in a timely manner, ensuring delivery deadlines are met.
• Promotes the documenting of project progress accurately.
• Provides input and assistance to other teams regarding projects.
Managing Work, Projects, and Policies
• Manages and implements work and projects as assigned.
• Generates and provides accurate and timely results in the form of reports, presentations, etc.
• Analyzes information and evaluates results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
• Provides timely, accurate, and detailed status reports as requested.
Demonstrating and Applying Discipline Knowledge
• Provides technical expertise and support to persons inside and outside of the department.
• Demonstrates knowledge of job-relevant issues, products, systems, and processes.
• Demonstrates knowledge of function-specific procedures.
• Keeps up-to-date technically and applies new knowledge to job.
• Uses computers and computer systems (including hardware and software) to enter data and/ or process information.
• Provides information to supervisors and co-workers by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person in a timely manner.
• Demonstrates self confidence, energy and enthusiasm.
• Informs and/or updates leaders on relevant information in a timely manner.
• Manages time effectively and conducts activities in an organized manner.
• Presents ideas, expectations and information in a concise, organized manner.
• Uses problem solving methodology for decision making and follow up.
• Performs other reasonable duties as assigned by manager.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.