Senior Manager, HR Change Management (Project Catapult)
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 19000L7P
Job Category Human Resources
Location Marriott International HQ, 10400 Fernwood Road, Bethesda, Maryland, United States VIEW ON MAP
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
ABOUT OUR TEAM
The Organizational Capability (OC) COE is dedicated to enabling the organization through building business capabilities in the areas of organizational and process design, talent activation, team effectiveness and change/deployment management. The OC COE is focused broadly on strengthening the alignment between business priorities and organizational strategy (structure, processes, systems, talent, change, culture, etc.). Through specific expertise in these efforts, we work to ensure Marriott International (MI) optimizes its return on human capital investments through a high performing organization.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Senior Manager Change Management & Deployment Readiness is responsible for supporting the creation and execution of the change management and deployment strategy for a global Human Capital Management and Payroll System implementation known as “Project Catapult”.
Project Catapult is the next step in fulfilling Marriott’s vision of a single integrated Workforce Management Platform and includes the implementation of cloud-based Human Capital Management and payroll applications. Interested candidates will take on a project assignment to support this critical initiative for approximately 24 months. The exposure you will gain, from the people to the tools, will set you up to compete for a variety of roles across the organization at the conclusion of the project assignment. As a member of the Project Catapult team, you will be working with a diverse group of stakeholders and supporting the technology of the future for Global HR. The new workforce management platform will impact associates globally and the journey will be both challenging and rewarding.
The role will be responsible for developing and deploying change management and deployment strategies through practical application of change management knowledge, technical capabilities, and interpersonal skills; communication strategies, messaging, tactics, channels, and tools; and learning tools and techniques to successfully achieve milestones and objectives of the project. The role will also require strong project management skills to create and implement deployment readiness activities. The position should have a consultative skill set and approach to problem solving, as well as a flexible and collaborative working style. The resource should be comfortable leveraging standard tools and best practices from prior experience to best meet project needs. The work requires the individual to be highly adaptable to change, work within tight timelines, and work collaboratively with multiple stakeholder groups.
Contribute Change Management Strategies
- Contribute to the development and execution of the change management strategy and deployment plan for a global HCM and payroll systems implementation
- Contribute to the design and development of change management and deployment deliverables, including case for change, stakeholder analysis, change impact assessment, communication strategy/plan, leadership action plan, deployment roadmap, etc
- Leverages best in class change management and deployment models and methodologies (i.e., stakeholder assessments, deployment readiness checklists) to provide consistent processes, tools, and services to customers.
- Implements change management programs that ensure stakeholders are knowledgeable, prepared, and motivated for the changes and develop the skills and knowledge necessary to be successful.
- Provide input to ensure learning programs, training, and support materials are effective.
Execute Change Management Activities
- Create and update resources to support the change management strategy, in coordination with communications team members, such as job aids, intranet pages, deployment checklists, etc
- Create and maintain the deployment readiness scorecard; monitor and manage cross-functional teams to ensure critical activities are completed
- Manage change adoption efforts, facilitating measurement activities and analysis of results
- Developing methods, tools, and templates for project teams on change management best practices, management concepts and approaches
- Build and maintain relationships with stakeholders who have accountability for program or initiative execution
- Identifies and mitigate deployment risks, manage escalations, capture feedback, resolve issues, and facilitate cross-group discussions to ensure efficient pilots and launches
- Builds and maintains relationships with stakeholders who have accountability for program/initiative execution.
- Consult with stakeholders across functional areas to ensure successful change management occurs to support global pilots and launches.
- Analyzes information and evaluates results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Demonstrate self-confidence, energy and enthusiasm,
- Inform and/or update executives, peers, and subordinates on relevant information in a timely manner.
- Manage time effectively and conducts activities in an organized manner.
- Presents ideas, expectations and information in a concise, organized manner.
- Uses problem solving methodology for decision making and follow up.
- Performs other reasonable duties as assigned by manager.
- Support in Human Resources activities, as directed by leadership, for other roles on the PMO & Deployment Readiness team
- 4-year bachelor's degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Communications, Psychology, Marketing, or related major
- 6+ years of overall work experience
- 4+ years of related work experience work experience related to change management and/or deployment consulting
- Experience consulting to business leaders and providing change management and deployment support
- Experience managing the change associated with a complex, global system implementation
- Demonstrated success working in a complex, service-intensive and deadline driven environment
- Ability to work and influence a wide range of cross-functional teams and leaders within a matrixed organization
- Ability to develop “client-ready” presentation material and communicate effectively to broad range of stakeholders (including senior leaders and hotel associates)
- Strong project management and communications skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint applications
- Hospitality experience is a plus
Certifications Earned on the Job (preferred but not required upon entry)