Senior Manager Design Management
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 19000H9E
Job Category Global Design
Location France Development, 11 Quai de Dion Bouton, Puteaux, Hauts de Seine, France VIEW ON MAP
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
- Location requirements: The Senior Manager Design Management is to be located at the Europe Office - Eschborn
- Language Requirements: High proficiency (speaking, reading and writing) in English is required. Proficiency in other European languages is desirable.
- Travel Requirements: There is 40% business travel required.
- Manage services and scheduled deliverables.
- Manage design consultants, their proposals, contracts and invoicing to project objectives.
- Provide project design quality assurance services for projects of appropriate scope and complexity, including HDC approval, TSA contracts, plan review, construction observation and turnover.
- Actively contribute to documenting, maintaining, administering and improving the processes for delivering services.
- Ensure the selection and development of building products relevant to the brand specifications.
- Maintain working knowledge of brand design, standards and evolving design direction.
- Compile and provide continent input/expertise on brand initiatives, working closely with CLS and Global Design Strategies.
- Provide design reviews and solutions for feasibility projects working closely with Development, Feasibility and CLS.
- Coordinate Criteria/Facilities programs for assigned projects.
- Responsible for ongoing support, tracking and reporting of feasibility project pipeline.
- Manage selling the brand and design and negotiation of project to the external customer.
- Provide information, interpretation and guidance daily to outside owners / franchisees as well as internal design / construction staff for adapting brand standards to specific projects.
- Manage project communication to owners, franchisees, internal project stakeholders and disciplines.
- Participate in site visit/market surveys to develop better understanding of site/market demands.
- Contribute to creation of the project budget and manage to that project budget.
- Assist with development and implementation of a customized, efficient process for roll-out of prototype-based brands.
Financial and Accounting Management
- Work closely with Global Design Accounting to manage projects within approved budgets.
- Prepare appropriate fee and expense estimates for Work Orders, DRA/TSA’s, and input on department budget planning.
- Assist with staff selection, guidance and performance management.
- Supervise, direct, motivate and train assigned staff
- Develop and maintain strong, mutually beneficial, trust-based business relationships with owners and franchisees to assure customer satisfaction and promote repeat business.
- Performs other related tasks as assigned by management.
- Complies with Marriott Hotel Holding GmbH and Marriott International Hotels Limited Regional Office policies and procedures.
- Minimum 10 years progressive experience in architecture at a design firm for large commercial or hospitality projects
- Knowledgeable about innovation & trends both in & outside of industry
- Strong business acumen
- Problem solving & creative solution skills
- Ability to build strong working relationships
- Customer service skills
- Ability to negotiate and be flexible when appropriate
- Strong organizational skills
- Strategic thinking relative to the business
- Ability to read and interpret architectural, engineering and mechanical drawings
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office, AutoCad, Bluebeam, Adobe, Database applications
- 4-year undergraduate degree in Architecture or related design discipline.
- Architectural license preferred.