Application Support Manager
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 19000FMN
Job Category Information Technology
Location Cork GRSCC, Cork, Cork VIEW ON MAP
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
As a member of the professional staff, this role contributes specialized knowledge and skill in a discipline area (e.g. Accounting, Finance, Human Resources, Information Resources, Operations Planning & Support, Sales & Marketing) to support team and/or department business objectives. Generally works under limited supervision, but within established guidelines, producing and analyzing more complex business information to assist in the decision making process. Responsible for selection, supervision and development of staff in accordance with company policies and procedures.
Key accountabilities include:
Oversees proactive problem follow-up and timely resolution to field calls, driving problem escalation as appropriate to ensure management awareness of problems that are severe in nature or that are exceeding documented resolution targets
Oversees internal client satisfaction of supported calls through the Level 1 Help Desk
Ensures documented procedures and available tools are in place to support a speedy resolution or escalation of issues to appropriate business or technical resources.
Confirms and tracks reported issues to ensure that they are appropriately prioritized and recorded to ensure resolution, or escalation to appropriate level for further diagnosis or visibility from more senior staff.
Major Decision Making Impact:
As primary focal point for the client, ensures the client support needs are addressed appropriately to offset any loss of business revenue or customer satisfaction
Core Work Activities
Guides staff in the daily operations of a business and functional application support desk. Ensuring the availability of a trained and knowledgeable team that will provide hotel operations support for field users of business applications and property management systems.
- Manages multiple direct reports providing technical or business application support to all hotel and above property users and stakeholders as defined by service agreements.
- Management includes work direction, career development and performance management with salary recommendations
- Responsible for level 1 business application and property system problem determination for the various application and operations user roles defined in the support agreement.
- Contributes to team, department and/or business results by performing more complex quantitative and qualitative analysis for business processes and/or projects. Often manages small projects, business processes or parts of larger ones.
- Responds to, solves and makes decisions on more complex/non-routine business requests with limited to moderate risk.
- Works to enhance the organization’s capabilities through effective staffing and development of others by:
- Coaching own team to collaborate with others.
- Using appropriate Marriott interviewing tools and skills matrix to hire the best candidate available from inside or outside the company.
- Establishing goals and delegating tasks appropriately.
- Providing timely coaching and feedback
- Making and rewarding distinctions in performance.
- Engaging in progressive disciplinary processes, when appropriate.
- Assists more senior associates in achieving business results by:
- Identifying opportunities to enhance the effectiveness of business processes.
- Providing training and technical guidance to less senior staff, where appropriate, and serving as point-of-contact for problem resolution.
- Participating in setting department operating plans.
- Recognizing and celebrating team successes.
- Achieving results against budget within scope of responsibility.
- Demonstrates an awareness of personal strengths and areas for improvement and acts independently to improve and increase skills and knowledge.
- Performs other duties as appropriate.
BS/BA degree required; preferably in a technical discipline, or equivalent training, education and on-the-job experience
6-8 years’ experience in hotel operations, call center/help desk, or above property hotel operations.
At least one year of supervisory experience preferred in a hotel business operations role.
Multilingual with demonstrated proficiency in writing and speaking English, and preferred speaking and writing skill in one or more other languages.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.