Senior Revenue Manager (Bench Manager)
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 19000F4F
Job Category Revenue Management
Location , London, Greater London VIEW ON MAP
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Provides Revenue Management support and training to the Europe based hotels (across all brands) in all Revenue Management Systems and Processes. Responsible for overseeing and coordinating the revenue management functions (pricing, competitive assessments, etc.) and inventory strategy for Full and Limited Service Branded hotels and conducting pre-opening revenue management services and training for all brands. These hotels may also include complex group strategies, and have total hotel revenue management in place, including catering and function space revenue maximization.
Responsible for understanding and communicating various Revenue Management philosophies as they pertain to brand and/or geographic strategies (Europe). Communicate and educate the hotels on proper pricing, competitive positioning and restrictions and the impact that they may have on the Hotels’ revenue strategies.
Anticipated travel: 90% of time
• Performs the following types of basic tasks: training, analysis, auditing, budgeting, forecasting, programming, research, report generation, and software integration.
• Responds to, solves and makes decisions on standard/routine business requests with limited risk.
• Responsible for own work and contributing to team, department and/or business results. May direct work of non-management staff.
• Assists more senior associates in achieving business results by:
o utilizing technical knowledge and skills to enhance business processes.
o establishing priorities for self and, where appropriate, others.
o allocating own time effectively to meet goals in a manner that does not disadvantage other associates or groups.
o contributing to department/unit budget as appropriate (i.e., input, following guidelines, etc).
• Demonstrates an awareness of personal strengths and areas for improvement and acts independently to improve and increase skills and knowledge.
• Performs other duties as appropriate to the business.
Specific Expected Contributions (including duties and responsibilities)
• Training of others on Marriott’s Revenue Management Systems and Processes
• Systems management including the management of room authorizations, rates and restrictions
• Analyze competitive performance through the use of market share tools and make recommendations to the hotel
• Analyze reports and available information to make long term pricing recommendations with brand initiatives as a key focus
• Develop and implement with the General Manager, strategies that will maintain and/or increase the hotel’s RevPAR
• Utilize Marriott’s revenue management systems and tools to ensure that revenue and profit are maximized
• Conduct Sales Strategy meetings with General Manager and key property staff to educate and evaluate pricing and inventory strategies
• Ensure that the hotel(s) sales strategies are effectively implemented in the inventory systems
• Effectively communicate brand specific revenue management philosophies as they pertain to One Yield recommended strategies
• Communicates brand philosophies to the property staff
• Understands and delivers against Revenue Management Inventory Services’ initiatives and philosophies
Marriott International is the world’s largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?
Successful candidates should possess knowledge and experience and demonstrate strong leadership and relationship skills as follows:
Skills and Knowledge
- Possesses ability to build and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders
- Possesses excellent knowledge of Marriott’s Systems (MARSHA, OneYield, and property management systems)
- Has excellent knowledge of revenue management concepts, tactics, and processes
- Has excellent analytical skills and the ability to make recommendations based on that analysis
- Possesses strong deductive reasoning
- Possesses attention to detail and follows through to conclusion
- Has strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Possesses organizational skills
- Is able to work in a multi-task environment
- Possesses strong organizational skills in task management
- Is customer focused and enjoys problem solving
- Is able to make sound decisions with minimal supervision
- Experience with multiple brands
- Demonstrates ability to influence change and decisions
Education or Certification
- College Degree preferred or equivalent experience
- Previous revenue management experience (3+years)
- Takes time to assist associates and to provide specific, detailed follow up
- Gives timely and specific performance feedback
- Committed to training others to drive up the skill level of Revenue Management associates across Europe
Learning & Applying Technical Expertise
- Performs all technical & procedural requirements of the job
- Demonstrates understanding of how a property and the department operate.
- Acts independently to improve and increase skills and knowledge
- Demonstrates an awareness of personal strengths and areas for improvement
- Seeks feedback from others on performance and modifies behavior appropriate
- Keeps up to date on available resources that can help to better serve and improve organizational effectiveness
- Shares learning’s, innovations and best practices with others
- Is willing to learn from others
- Shows willingness to learn new methods, procedures, techniques, or systems resulting from departmental or organizational-wide change
- Considers the impact of personal / departmental actions on other parts of the organization / business.
- Supports and acts in accordance with team decisions, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect one’s own opinion
- Works to meet goals in a manner which does not disadvantage others
- Solicits and uses associates’ ideas and opinions to resolve issues
- Asks questions as necessary to clarify the message
- Encourages others to share their points of view
- Actively listens and responds to associates
- Shares relevant, timely information to help others understand and support business objectives
- Writes memoranda, letters etc. that are clear and effective with few, if any, spelling or grammatical errors
- Demonstrates commitments to the organization and its vision, mission and associates
- Establishes measurable and achievable expectations of results
- Holds self and others accountable for achieving results
- Makes decisions and commits to a course of action with information available
- Addresses conflicts in a timely manner
- Takes action to motivate associates toward achieving goals and objectives
- Seeks full understanding of new procedures or methods resulting from change
- Understands and communicates reasons for change
- Sees change as an opportunity rather than a problem
- Helps and supports associates in solving problems and accomplishing work objectives
- Approaches own work with a sense of urgency and purpose
- Ensures that desired results are achieved in the most efficient manner whiles maintaining or improving the quality of service
- Allocates time and resources effectively when faced with competing demands
- Tracks activities in progress and / or competed activities to ensure stated objectives are accomplished
- Tries new approaches to overcome obstacles or to accomplish challenging objectives
- Anticipates potential obstacles and develops contingency plans to overcome them