Senior Director, Global Compensation Analytics
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 19000AU2
Job Category Human Resources
Location Marriott International HQ, 10400 Fernwood Road, Bethesda, Maryland, United States VIEW ON MAP
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
As an integral member of the Global Compensation and Benefits team, the Senior Director, Global Compensation will work closely with the VP, Global Compensation to define solutions and drive the execution of total compensation programs for the organization. The position serves as the compensation consulting expert and partners with the VP, Global Compensation and compensation professionals in the global continent structure to drive global equity and competitiveness, as appropriate. This role provides strategic thought leadership, program support and consulting on all areas of compensation including base pay, incentive compensation, pay equity and recognition programs. The position is responsible for ensuring internal equity, and external competitiveness and compliance with applicable global regulations.
This person must have a background that combines exceptional technical knowledge and outstanding relationship skills. The successful candidate will bring a strategic perspective as well as the ability to be hands on and operational, and will specifically demonstrate the following:
- Knowledge of emerging regulations, competitive rewards and global compensation practices.
- Success developing and implementing compensation programs and systems in a large, diverse global organization.
- Excellent business acumen; strong strategic planning and analytical skills.
- Strong leadership and people management skills, as evidenced by a proven track record of attracting, developing, and retaining a highly talented global team.
- Proven interpersonal and relationship-building skills to communicate effectively, build consensus, and establish trust across diverse cultures.
- Ability to develop strong working relations with internal and external teams and stakeholders.
- Highly adaptive in a diverse corporate environment with ability to lead change within a company undergoing transformation.
- Advanced systems knowledge in the following: Microsoft Office, including Excel, Power Point, and enterprise systems.
- Advanced executive presentation skills.
- Lead and inspire the team to leverage their expertise, exceed customer expectations and facilitate change
- Foster a collaborative, values-driven team culture of high standards, strong productivity and innovation
- Readily critiques own behavior to acknowledge mistakes and improve future leadership performance and acts independently to improve and increase skills and knowledge.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provides senior level leadership in conceptualizing and designing base pay and incentive programs, plans and infrastructure in a large, complex growth organization.
- Seeks opportunities to reinforce and drive adoption of disciplined analytic decision making within continent and global rewards disciplines (i.e., hotel classification, pay structures, etc.)
- Uses insights gained from HR, financial, and socio-economic data analytics, challenge and redefine current approaches for managing pay competitiveness relating to service level, scheduling and staffing.
- Responsible for ensuring internal equity, external competitiveness, and compliance with applicable global regulations and policies.
- Participates and collaborates with external peers and organizations to stay current on compensation trends, issues, legislative and compliance items to identifying possible implications and solutions to our programs and workforce.
- Partners with internal and external legal counsel, monitors changes in external labor market conditions and economic/political factors that influence compensation programs and establishes proposals and recommendations for managing current events relating to minimum wage, pay/gender equity, etc.
- Leads US pay equity analysis and influence approach for non-US analyses, delivering results and tools to drive appropriate decision making and protecting Marriott International’s reputation as a Best Employer.
- Partners with HR Compliance team, lead routine and adhoc compliance reporting requests.
- Provides compensation expertise to aid customers at all levels in the organization in making informed compensation decisions. Identifies issues which may evolve to broader enterprise-wide projects.
- Project Leader on the development and implementation of Compensation Strategies and Design
- Coordinates and manages project and initiatives that support the Global Compensation function.
- Leads the innovative design of base pay and short-term incentive plans to balance individual performance achievement and ownership with corporate business goals while working closely with Corporate Finance and Operations to monitor and manage costs.
- Partners with the Executive Compensation, International Compensation & Benefits, and Sales/Revenue Compensation leaders on the design of competitive total compensation strategies and programs
- Manages attainment of milestones specific to the advancement of compensation strategies and policies within key geographic domains.
- Provides on-going compensation support and expertise assists in the design and development of incentive plans guiding principles, and compensation policies and practices
- Serves as the internal Subject Matter Expert regarding compensation best practices as well as current trends and innovative new programs.
- Provides thought leadership on the strategic direction of the global compensation function to ensure programs support business strategies.
- Provides leadership in aligning and developing performance-based compensation systems that align with business strategy, cost effectiveness and market competitiveness.
- Builds an international rewards strategy that attracts superior talent, motivates and retains top performers and is fully aligned with the business strategy, strategic plan and good governance practices.
- Ensures compensation strategies and solutions support existing and emerging business needs
- Identifies current process and practice opportunities and obtains leadership buy-in on proposed alternative solutions.
- Provides project management leadership and direction for the development and maintenance of a suite of global reward and recognition programs for diverse client groups.
- Supports third-party providers in the execution and delivery of compensation infrastructure, resource tools, and cycle activities supporting our global compensation initiatives achieving exceptionally accurate results on time and within budget.
- Partners with internal compensation resources, other corporate resources and local business and HR resources at all organizational and geographic levels within the organization to deliver timely, targeted, cost effective and coordinated compensation solutions.
- Participates in merger and acquisition activity and integration strategy and work plans.
- Performs other duties as required for the position.
- Eight or more years’ experience in compensation management or consulting, demonstrating progressive career growth and a pattern of exceptional performance.
- Experience leading successful, complex, cross-discipline initiatives required.
- Technical expertise regarding data models, data mining and segmentation techniques.
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing datasets (e.g., Excel, Tableau, R, KNIME) are preferred.
- Experience with HCM systems preferred.
- Professional compensation designation(s) (CCP, GRP, CECP) are preferred.
- 4-year degree from an accredited university with a focus in Business, Finance, HR, Mathematics, or Statistics.