Director- Marketing Account Management - Honolulu, HI
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 19000A0Z
Job Category Sales and Marketing
Location , Honolulu, Hawaii VIEW ON MAP
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
The Director, Account Management oversees all activities (including budget management) executed by the Brand, Marketing and Digital (BMD) Account Management team and is responsible for leading, coaching and monitoring associate performance. This position reports to the BMD Regional Vice President and is accountable for confirming that all corporate initiatives and strategies are applied as instructed at the property and organizational level while building and maintaining relationships with properties, owners and BMD senior leadership. The Director will partner with BMD Centers of Excellence (COE) and Marketing Knowledge Experts (KE) as well as the Portfolio Account Leadership (PAL) team to communicate regional priorities and collaborate on marketing initiatives to support those priorities. Serves as the primary marketing point of contact for corporate regional leadership and supports the PAL team as needed on owner and/or franchise management company opportunities. The Director is also accountable for representing the field organization at the corporate regional level as well as internal communications with the Account Management team and their counterparts in Revenue Management, Sales, and AVPs.
Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree required; degree in Business Administration or related area preferred
• MBA or similar advanced degree a plus
• Experience in partnership marketing, consumer marketing, and/or field operations/marketing required
• 5+ years in a marketing leadership position having led teams of three or more
• Demonstrated ability to balance the interests and demands of multiple stakeholders
• Hotel property experience, hotel field marketing experience, or related preferred
• Possesses an executive presence and is at ease engaging with hotel owners, franchisees, general managers, and BMD leadership
• Understands the competitive environment and the local customer attitudes / behaviors
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
The following are specific responsibilities and contributions critical to the successful performance of the position:
• Leads a team of BMD field marketing and Destination Account Managers focused on developing marketing strategies for the destination and properties within an assigned region; core leadership activities include:
o Hiring, coaching, guiding and teaching associates;
o Monitoring performance of hotels and associates;
o Budget management; and
o Effectively communicating with team members.
• Monitors property-level marketing planning (and budgets) to verify business targets and key MI/brand strategies are appropriately represented in property marketing plans, updating plans as needed to address evolving business needs; provides relevant updates to the BMD Regional Vice President.
• Provides strategic marketing thought leadership and decision making to the team, driving business performance and accountability.
• Assumes full responsibility for unit’s Profit and Loss (P&L); engaging with Regional Vice President when necessary.
• Monitors team in customizing marketing plans for specific properties, with brand specialization where possible.
• Initiates and owns communication with relevant stakeholders as brand educator and marketing subject matter expert; advocates and articulates with owners, general managers and other property leaders (e.g., Regional AVPs, MSB AVPs) the marketing value proposition.
• Monitors development and implementation of integrated programs for key market in response to customer needs, market trends, key competitors, brand direction, and stakeholder needs.
• Proactively monitors in-bound source markets across the region to assess competitive position, build on program strengths and bolster current programs.
• Verifies team is delivering consistent service and hotel engagement survey scores meet or exceed BMD goals.
• Collaborates closely with above-property sales, revenue and operations teams (including AVPs or ADs) to support need/priority hotels.
• Reviews property plans, marketing output and verifies best practices are followed.
• Collects and shares best practices for plans and campaigns across managers, leveraging BMD’s communication and collaboration tool (i.e., StarForce).
• Verifies marketing processes and relationships with Americas COEs, KEs (including by property type) and key global teams are efficient and productive in executing results on behalf of the region.
• Circulates strategic plans across the Marriott teams, verifying quality/best practices are met.
• Maintains communication channels between managers and these groups.
• Provides guidance, mentorship and reviews work of managers.
• Manages and develops a diverse field marketing team, including hiring, mentoring/coaching, learning and development; collaborating closely with BMD leadership to confirm staffing levels and managers’ performance effectively delivers against the marketing shared services scope of work and the hotels.
• Provides regional leadership and aligns with New Openings + Repositions account management team for new hotels opening within defined region.
• Manages relationships with senior property leadership (e.g., owner groups with multiple properties); works with PAL team to align efforts (when applicable).
• Responsible for overall success and optimization of destination marketing plans within defined region.
• Monitors development of experiential packages/promotions consistent with brand (e.g., different, unique room packages, differentiating meeting experiences) in partnership with Promotions and Campaign Management COE.
• Participates in the strategic development and planning of future program structural enhancements, program offers and promotions – both in the Americas and at Marriott International Headquarters.
• Manages Destination Account Manager(s) to validate that the destination strategy and all destination data is leveraged throughout the region’s sales, marketing and revenue teams.
• Develops strategies to identify relevant marketing channels and evaluates potential based on projected ROI.
• Performs other duties, as assigned, to meet business needs.