Sales Manager MICE (m/f/d)
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 190009UX
Job Category Sales and Marketing
Location Berlin Shared Service Center, Berlin, Berlin VIEW ON MAP
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
The position is accountable for proactively soliciting and handling sales opportunities for a sales cluster. Responsible for account management and acquisition on special corporate segment. Handles numerous accounts and the distribution channels for those accounts. Ensures business is turned over properly and in a timely fashion for proper service delivery. Assists in leading all day-to-day activities related to sales with a focus on building long-term, value-based customer relationships that enable achievement of sales objectives. Achieves personal sales goals.
Education and Experience
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 3 years experience in the sales and marketing or related professional area.
• 4-year bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 1 year experience in the sales and marketing or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Building Successful Relationships that Generate Sales Opportunities
• Develops and leads the special corporate segment to achieve financial goals.
• Works collaboratively with off-property sales channels to ensure sales efforts are coordinated, complementary and not duplicative.
• Builds and strengthens relationships with existing and new customers to enable future bookings. Activities include sales calls, sales trips, trade shows, etc.
• Develops relationships within community to strengthen and expand customer base for sales opportunities.
• Manages and develops relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
Managing Sales Activities
• Assists in the development of marketing/sales strategy for sales cluster.
• Participates in sales calls with members of sales team to acquire new business and/or close on business.
• Executes and supports the operational aspects of business booked (e.g., generating proposal, writing contract, customer correspondence).
• Follows up sales leads.
• Works on the different distribution channels of all contracted accounts.
Using Knowledge of Market Trends and Target Customer Information to Maximize Revenue
• Identifies new business to achieve revenue goals.
• Understands the overall market - competitors’ strengths and weaknesses, economic trends, supply and demand etc. and knows how to sell against them.
• Closes the best opportunities based on market conditions and location needs.
• Gains understanding of the locations’ primary target customers and service expectations; serves the customer by understanding their business, business issues and concerns, to offer better business solution.
Providing Exceptional Customer Service
• Supports the company’s service and relationship strategy, driving customer loyalty by delivering service excellence throughout each customer experience.
• Services our customers in order to grow share of the account.
• Executes and supports the company’s customer service standards.
• Provides excellent customer service consistent with the daily service basics of the company.
• Sets a positive example for guest relations.
• Interacts with customers to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.