Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 190008ZM
Job Category Finance and Accounting
Location Somerset Office, Somerset, New Jersey VIEW ON MAP
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
*** this position is located in Somerset New Jersey ***
Performs accounting functions in support of Americas Finance - Cluster Services in the areas of financial tracking, processing and reporting requirements. Provides general accounting support to the organization and assists with small projects and business processes as assigned. Develops alternatives and solutions where guidelines are not available. Interprets internal policies and procedures and functions as a resource to others. Works under limited supervision.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 4+ years administrative or clerical support experience
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills (including ability to create and use advanced functions such as Vlookup, Pivot Tables, Graphs/Charts)
- Associate/Bachelor’s degree, certification, or continuing education
- Expert Microsoft Office skills
- Working knowledge of Marriott’s various financial reporting tools
- Experience in hospitality industry
- Experience in a accounting function responsible for multiple units or departments
- Solid writing skills
- Ability to set appropriate priorities
- Reconciles monthly accounts and researches/resolves discrepancies.
- Assists in the completion of yearly budgets and monthly budgets/forecasts for assigned departments.
- Collects financial data from multiple sources to prepare accounting entries; researches problems encountered with the data or responds to inquiries regarding the entries.
- Verifies mathematical accuracy of accounting documents and reports. Determines and makes appropriate corrections.
- May audit expense reports for conformity with internal policy.
- May perform payroll processing or provide support to payroll process
- Processes data through an automated accounting system to record items such as operating expenses/accounts payable, travel expenses and other miscellaneous journal entries. Verifies the accuracy of the entries by analyzing edit reports.
- Reviews transactions rejected by the accounting system. Researches the reason for the rejection (e.g., coding, mathematical errors) and prepares the correcting entries.
- Performs data entry into a sophisticated tracking or reporting system utilizing spreadsheet, database or mainframe applications to develop detailed, complex back-up schedules for accounting entries.
- Reconciles discrepancies in amounts charged to accounts including complex accounts (e.g., bank accounts) that contain specialized non-recurring transactions. Researches discrepancies and unusual transactions/issues. Identifies errors, assesses the impact of the error and proposes corrections.
- Compiles and distributes financial reports.
- Maintains filing systems within department; retrieves documents and responds to requests for information from the documents as necessary.
- May provide work direction to other permanent or temporary support staff associates.