Senior Director, Digital and Technology Innovation
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 190003WG
Job Category Sales and Marketing
Location Marriott International HQ, 10400 Fernwood Road, Bethesda, Maryland, United States VIEW ON MAP
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
The mission of the CX Innovation team is to deliver innovations that ensure our enterprise and brands are differentiated, relevant, and competitive. We lead by discovering insights, developing concepts and developing prototypes for major initiatives and high profile projects. We collaborate with internal and external partners and monitor in-market performance of new initiatives to ensure the successful build and deployment of breakthrough concepts. Most of our projects are the intersection of physical, service and digital innovation. We are a part of the Customer Experience Discipline that focuses on driving customer-centricity throughout Marriott.
The Sr Director, Digital and Technology Innovation serves as a key contributor within the CX Innovation team focused on applying and evolving digital and technology innovation which connect service, the hotel environment and the digital, ultimately enabling connected and compelling consumer experiences at the property, portfolio and enterprise levels. This position will lead diverse projects with portfolio and enterprise impact, closely collaborating with the Product & Service Innovation team, as well as cross-disciplinary leaders and teams within and beyond BMSC. The role requires the ability to understand the diverse needs of stakeholders across the business, apply a deep understanding of emerging technologies, digital ux, market and consumer trends, coordinate team members while shepherding the innovation process from insights to concepts and prototypes.
This position plays a critical role in delivering digital prototypes / products in response to enterprise business priorities for Marriott International. Advances technology innovation by delivering new thinking and transformative experiences to solve difficult and complex business challenges for Marriott International. Develops strategies and concepts for innovative digital solutions through delivery of prototyes to gain an understanding of how technologies will solve looming or current business challenges and opportunities. Collaborates in prioritizing technology and business project demand.
- 4-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Marketing, or related major
- 8+ years of innovation, strategy, and/or technolgy design/product innovation/management experience incuding track record of:
- Concepting/designing/delivering consumer driven experiences
- Delivering business results, preferably at divisional and enterprise levels
- Balancing strategic and financial implication with new innovations
- Experience evaluating business trends and developing and successfully implementing new business programs and strategies.
- Passion about new technologies and identifiying ways to leverage it to solve business problems
- World Class experience in two or more of the following - Innovation, Digital Product Management, User Experience, Development
- Strong communication skills that inspire confidence and respect.
- Proficiency in human-centered design process (Design Thinking)
- Excellent personnel management skills, with experience indirectly managing and inspiring teams
- Proven ability to build and foster relationships.
- Solid ability to manage multiple stakeholders and influence the direction of product design & development.
- Ability to problem-solve and leverage resources to optimize department capabilities
- Ability to present to internal and external audiences, as well as listen openly to feedback, with the end result of achieving the best work
Technical & Creative Skills
- Experience within a brand organization or design agency creating transactional products in a consumer-facing market, preferably with experience working on projects for the hospitality industry
- Effective project management skills with an ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong knoweldge of technology and experience working with technical development teams to drive a strategic initiative
- Proven ability to lead projects and cross functional teams in support of specific business priorities
- Knowledge of security and privacy issues regarding data at the enterprise level
- Skill and experience distilling a set of data and translating findings into innovative, profitable, executable, and operationally feasible solutions
- Proven track record of translating consumer needs into creative and profitable business programs, products, and/or practices
- Experience interpreting trends and research to design and implement innovative products and services that support brand vision
- Experience managing projects through a highly matrixed and relationship-based organization, with the ability to influence influence the work of counterparts without direct reporting accountability
- Strong ability to manage multiple stakeholders
- Must possess strong knowledge and practice of core principals in brand strategy, conceptual design, execution
- Exceptional skill in problem solving and leveraging resources to optimize capabilities
- Exceptional ability to design new concepts
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
- Leads complex, enterprise-wide projects to develop digital/technology insights, strategy and innovation recommendations for highest priority business initiatives.
- Identifies and evaluates opportunities to prototype solutions; building financial business cases, strategic rationale and operational implications of the new opportunities.
- Develops and champions innovation tools, methodologies, and approaches to cultivate ideas and opportunities that are more diverse, unique, drive quality and speed to market.
- Deliver on key strategic projects utilizing the following capabilities:
- Framing, structuring and scoping complex and ambiguous business challenges
- Conducting business/financial analysis to quantify opportunities and identify scalability
- Gathering insights and fact base to inform potential opportunities and solutions
- Synthesizing trends, consumer insights, competitive performance, MI analytics
- Facilitate and conduct ideation sessions
- Developing concepts and customer value propositions
- Creating recommendations that can be delivered at the Senior Executive level
- Design and deliver of proof of concept prototypes in market
- Researches and synthesizes external influences (macro-economic, consumer, competitive trends) with core business performance and stakeholder interests to identify new innovations that result in improved customer experience, revenue growth, strengthened competitive advantage.
- Establishes a liaison relationship with leadership in key areas that are critical to developing successful new programs that impact multiple channels and functional areas. Network of internal partners is established to gain cross-functional leadership perspectives and drive collaboration. Functional areas may include:
- Global Operations
- Continent Leadership
- Indirectly manages and inspires cross functional teams to deliver on high impact initiatives
- Facilitates regular, ongoing communication within cross functional team to ensure ownership and accountability are clear
- Develops and maintains effective relationships with both internal and external stakeholders across the organization. Fosters a positive climate to build effective teams that are committed to organizational goals and initiatives.
- Updates stakeholders on key initiative wins and opportunities, responds to concerns, and solicits feedback. Engages leadership to develop and execute action plans to address gaps.
- Assists direct reports with building and maintaining stakeholder relationships as business partnerships.