B2B Events Executive - APEC & China (6 months contract)
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 190001ZK
Job Category Event Management
Location Asia/Pacif/Australia Region, Hong Kong S.A.R., Hong Kong VIEW ON MAP
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Marriott International is the world’s largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?
The Executive for B2B Events, APEC & China reports to the Senior Manager, B2B Events – APEC & China and supports with the planning, preparation and execution of primarily MILUX customer events and participation of key trade shows for the Global Sales Organization (GSO) across Asia Pacific (APAC).
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum 4 years of professional experience in event management, preferably corporate and special events in the luxury industry, with good knowledge of various current event management tools, web-based event systems and mobile event applications in market.
- Good exposure and understanding on use of trending social media applications and channels of different markets would be bonus e.g. WeChat in China.
- Well versed in communicating with stakeholders and vendors in Mandarin (both spoken and written)
Self-driven personality that takes a proactive, hands-on approach when comes to problem solving
Confident and enthusiastic with strong passion towards event conceptualization, planning and production to execution
Has eye for details and ability to perceive and approach with big picture in mind at the same time
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to stay focused and calm under pressure
Ability to handle multiple events simultaneously and takes ownership of work
- Ability to manage time and prioritize workload well
- A team player and able to work independently at the same time
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
- Supports and works closely with the Global Sales Team
- Understand the objectives, requirements and deliverables for their luxury events and be able to ideate, formulate and propose how their events can be
- Lead the conceptualization, planning and production, execution to closing of the luxury events, with use of vendors where required
- Manages communication and relation with internal and external stakeholders
- Provides timely updates and reports to respective internal stakeholders
- Manages vendors and negotiates pricing for cost effectiveness with event budgets
- Travel within Asia Pacific potentially required
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.