Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 190001LL
Job Category Administrative
Location Marriott International HQ, Bethesda, Maryland VIEW ON MAP
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
The Senior Administrative Assistant provides administrative support to EDITION and W Global Development team (team of three - SVP and 2 VP’s) and includes supporting project work as needed to assist the team to manage more efficiently and effectively. Duties include general administrative responsibilities; calendar management, travel arrangement, expense reporting, document coordination, preparing and maintaining correspondence and presentations, team meeting/event planning and execution, performing data entry and data processing tasks.
Strong organizational and interpersonal skills, including sound judgment and decision-making ability with a high level of self-initiative are willingness to help out with tasks as needed.
- Performs general administrative functions such as scheduling, organizing and maintaining digital files, coordination of team calls and meetings. Manages all aspects of meeting planning, both internal and external. Collaborates on preparation of presentations, coordinating of translators as needed, and making schedule changes with minimal direction.
- Responsible for expense reporting, calendar coordination (including scheduling conference calls in different times zones) and travel arrangements for each team member.
- Handles some phone inquiries; provides callers with responses to requests involving departmental inquiries, procedures or programs; directs calls to the appropriate person or takes messages.
- Interacts with senior executives, and owners / partners using clear, appropriate and professional language.
- Organize and maintain Hotel Development Committee Reports and Management Agreements for both W and Edition Brands.
- Manages cyclical administrative duties for the team with limited oversight.
Compose and distribute internal and external correspondence, memos, reports and power point presentations as needed.
- Organize and maintain owner contact information for both W and Edition Brands.
- Must know how to mail merge and maintain files and organize information including monthly P&L data for Edition hotels.
- Create presentations using Word, PowerPoint, Dropbox and Excel upon request.
- Coordinate other administrative and project responsibilities as requested
Successful candidates should possess knowledge, experience and demonstrate strong skills as follows:
- Position requires ability to work in a fast-paced, multiple task environment providing administrative support to multiple team members both locally and remote (especially when traveling overseas).
- Position requires a complete knowledge of a full range of administrative processes gained through of minimum of 3 years administrative experience, preferably in an industry related or Marketing function.
- Position requires complete knowledge of the mission, functions, organizational structure, policies and procedures of their department and division and a general knowledge of those pertaining to the Company. Incumbent is viewed as a resource to others concerning these areas.
- Broad technological knowledge and proficiency in advanced functions of business software packages, primarily Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), in addition to database applications.
- Thrives working in a fast paced, high energy and progressive environment.
- Will be working with proprietary and/or confidential information so a high degree of attention to detail, professionalism and confidentiality are required.
- Ability to prioritize and keep a positive attitude and perspective on what needs to be done efficiently and professionally in an environment of changing priorities and demands.
- Develops and maintains effective positive relationships with both internal and external customers and by promoting a customer service orientation within the organization.
- Creates an atmosphere in which timely information flows smoothly both upward and downward through the organization; possesses exceptional communication skills.
- Able to conceptualize and create non-routine documents and implement automated work processes and general administrative improvements. This position requires incumbent to exercise sound independent judgment when handling non‑routine issues.