Senior Manager-Credit Card Analytics
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 190001CN
Job Category Sales and Marketing
Location Marriott International HQ, Bethesda, Maryland VIEW ON MAP
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
The Loyalty Performance Management team consolidates holistic responsibility for managing program, property, and member performance within Loyalty, maintaining strong connection to partner teams in. The Loyalty Intelligence & Reporting team is responsible for monitoring the overall performance and health of Loyalty, conducting, developing and overseeing the analysis and reporting on the operational elements of the Loyalty program (e.g., hotel performance, benefits, financial synergies, partnerships). The team works with other key stakeholders (e.g., Customer Experience, Continents, Finance) and be a main point of integration for loyalty analytics and data/decision support for marketing and operations. The goal is to proactively identify trends and business opportunities by bringing insight through detailed data analysis which will allow for informed strategy and business development.
The Senior Manager, Credit Cards, is primarily responsible for ongoing and adhoc analytical support to focus on card partner support, contracts, regulatory processes, and product design financial decisions. He or she will collaborate with Loyalty Finance to determine financial performance of our Cobrand partnership. He or she will also work closely with CX counterparts to align on card forecast, reporting, analysis, and dashboard. In addition, support the Credit Card marketing team with their scorecard and quarterly business review reporting.
- 4-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration or quantitative discipline and 4+ years of relevant professional experience, demonstrating progressive career growth and a pattern of exceptional performance;
- 6+ years of relevant professional experience in of relevant professional experience in loyalty, finance, revenue management, customer analytics or related function, demonstrating progressive career growth and pattern of exceptional performance.
- Expertise in Excel required, including independently structuring and maintaining analysis gathered from diverse data sets
- Excellent project management and verbal and written communication skills required, especially in the context of managing processes across diverse stakeholder set
- Experience gathering data with SQL, manipulating large data sets in SAS, R, or Python, and visualizing outputs in Tableau is a strong plus
- Credit Card, Digital Analytics, or Finance experience a strong plus
Lead and evolve credit card analytical support, including
- Responsible for understanding Loyalty program health, member behavior and the impact card members have on the overall program
- Conducts deep dive analytics to provide business insights to assist the card team in meeting their goals
- Analyze financial impacts of member benefits and new product design by partnering with Finance
- Provide analytical support in creation of the card story for senior management presentations and including quarterly business review presentations
- Partnering with CX, reimagine card reporting and develop visual self-service tools for the card team to have insights into the business
- Maintain regular communications with CX, Finance, and the Card team to share analytical insights
- Perform a consultative role in working with cross-functional teams on card analytics
- Support adhoc needs of the card team
- Understands and meets the needs of key stakeholders.
- Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish work.
- Determines priorities, schedules, plans and necessary resources to ensure completion of any projects on schedule.
- Collaborates with internal partners and stakeholders to support business/initiative strategies
- Communicates concepts in a clear and persuasive manner that is easy to understand.
- Generates and provides accurate and timely results in the form of reports, presentations, etc.
- Demonstrates an understanding of business priorities.
- Builds credibility with others and encourages strong working relationships.
- Creates a work environment in which others feel comfortable sharing thoughts and feedback.
- Shows awareness of how own behavior impacts others and the work environment.
- Encourages others to work together.
- Models and empowers others to anticipate and respond to customer/stakeholder preferences and feedback.
- Clearly explains policies in ways that create strong customer/stakeholder relationships.
- Monitors customer/stakeholder satisfaction and takes appropriate action.
- Resolves customer/stakeholder issues and concerns raised by others.
- Creates an environment where everyone is valued and included.
- Models and coaches others on representing the Company culture of service, opportunity, respect, and fair treatment.
- Acts when others are treated unfairly or are not valued and respected for their unique skills.
- Looks for and uses ideas and opinions from diverse sources.
- Attracts, develops, and retains a multicultural and multigenerational workforce.
- Gives all associates the opportunity to achieve their full potential.
- Organizes activities that promote inclusion.
- Maintains an awareness of changing customer/stakeholder and associate characteristics.
- Ensures the work is organized so it can be effectively completed.
- Continuously improves work processes.
- Brings together the appropriate mix of associate knowledge and skills to complete work.
- Coaches others on scope of technical decision‐making authority.
- Uses meetings and other forums to regularly communicate status of work.
- Provides, seeks, and acts on constructive feedback.
- Develops others by identifying needs and providing resources in area of expertise.
- Uses professional networks to attract top talent in area of expertise.
- Participates in the hiring process and ensures successful on‐boarding of new associates.
- Models and coaches others on staying calm and focused during stressful situations.
- Communicates to others why change is happening and how it impacts their work.
- Models flexibility when managing multiple demands and changing priorities.
- Provides resources that help others deal with change and challenges.
- Adjusts team and own priorities when experiencing change or challenges.
- Determines how change impacts stakeholders and communicates concerns to leadership.
- Clearly presents complex information using different methods.
- Adapts communication style based on the audience.
- Demonstrates active listening to ensure understanding.
- Models and coaches others on appropriately interpreting verbal and non‐verbal behavior.
- Models and coaches others on displaying professionalism and gaining respect from others.
- Identifies issues and makes suggestions to solve complex problems affecting daily work.
- Models and coaches others on breaking complex issues into manageable parts.
- Looks for and shares information with others before making a decision.
- Models and coaches others on identifying and evaluating alternatives and their implications before making decisions.
- Involves and gains agreement from others when making key decisions.
- Makes complex decisions and works with others to implement solutions in reasonable amount of time.
- Sets own career goals and identifies developmental areas for self and others.
- Uses resources and challenging assignments to improve performance of self and others.
- Gathers, shares, and uses information about industry and discipline trends and best practices.
- Budgets for training to support associate development, as applicable.
- Coaches and holds others accountable for professional growth.
- Ensures others understand how their work impacts property and team performance.
- Coaches others on the drivers of performance and their impact on key business and property metrics.
- Shows an understanding of how different customer/stakeholder groups have different revenue potential.
- Identifies innovative ways to improve, productivity, customer/stakeholder satisfaction, and profitability.
- Maintains advanced technical knowledge and skills and models their use for others.
- Models and promotes the appropriate use of facilities, equipment, and materials to perform the job.
- Demonstrates and shares expertise in policies, procedures, and legal requirements.
- Manages and completes complex technical assignments and coaches others on solving advanced technical issues.
- Demonstrates and reinforces technical standards and processes to support work requirements.
- Identifies innovative technical approaches and communicates how they can improve processes or business functioning.
- Promotes teamwork by explaining how each associate supports shared goals.
- Builds commitment to team goals by explaining how they support department and property success.
- Works with team members to solve issues and make decisions that impact them.
- Manages disagreements among team members.
- Recognizes department, team, and individual achievements.
- Creates a team environment that encourages accountability, high standards, and innovation.
- Makes sure others understand performance expectations.
- Sets and tracks goal progress for self and others.
- Monitors the work of others to ensure it is completed on time and meets expectations.
- Breaks down barriers so team members can accomplish their work.
- Prioritizes group activities based on importance, urgency, and impact to goals.
- Manages team workload and delegates assignments appropriately.
- Ensures team members have the equipment, materials, and other resources needed to accomplish their work.
- Avoids conflicts when setting project timelines and communicates key milestones and deadlines to others.