Marriott International is the world’s largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?
Manages a team of 2 or more associates in the performance of complex project purchasing processes ensuring requirements are budgeted, ordered and delivered appropriately to meet customer requirements while minimizing financial risk.
▪ Manages the material and service procurement process for multiple projects with internal and external Project Managers, Interior Designers, as well as Vendors, Owners and Franchisees including managing and forecasting to budget.
▪ Achieves assigned project volume/sales Goals.
▪ Shares best practices and lessons learned to promote continuous project and process improvement within their team.
▪ Assists in providing vendors with quarterly volume projections and analysis.
▪ Performs customer relationship management with owners and owner reps.
▪ Creates project quotations, submit to clients for approval and obtains/executes sales contract.
▪ Maintains strong knowledge of commodities (lead times, production scheduling and vendor capacity) as well as sourcing alternatives.
▪ Reviews product specifications to verify they meet/exceed the brand standards.
▪ Functions as primary contact on more complex vendor/owner issues and disputes escalating issues as appropriate.
▪ Obtains appropriate design/drawing approvals, samples and seaming diagrams and ensure adherence to code requirements.
▪ Reviews and approves Bill of Material changes as applicable on a project.
▪ Responsible for ensuring projects are closed in a timely and accurate manner working with project accounting.
▪ Performs purchasing efforts to complete sample rooms with project managers, designers and owners including attic stock recommendations.
▪ Performs competitive bids for materials on projects, when required, including analysis and recommendation/presentation to owner including completion of contracts with non approved vendors as applicable.
▪ May assist with marketing services to new owners
▪ Ability to travel
▪ Purchasing system knowledge
▪ Verbal, written communications skills
▪ Computer proficiency
▪ Technical knowledge of commodities
▪ Solid Negotiation skills
▪ Well organized
▪ Knowledgeable about innovation within the industry
▪ Strong business acumen
▪ Strong problem solving & creative solution skills
▪ Ability to build & maintain strong working relationships
▪ Strong customer service skills
▪ Ability to negotiate and be flexible when appropriate
▪ Strong organizational skills
▪ 4-year degree preferred or equivalent work experience within the industry.
▪ Minimum 6 years’ experience in the procurement field, preferably in the hospitality design industry
▪ Managerial experience preferred