Coord-Project Purchasing (NE)
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18003I1Y
Job Category Procurement, Purchasing, and Quality Assurance
Location Marriott International HQ, Bethesda, Maryland VIEW ON MAP
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Responsible for bills of material (BOM) and item specifications being correctly entered and maintained in the purchasing system and supports a purchasing team (reports to a Purchasing Agent or Manager).
- Creates and maintains prototypical and project-specific items and Bill of Materials (BOMs) in accordance with system procedures into a purchasing system.
- Verifies pricing on item specifications with suppliers.
- Tracks orders and posts status into system; updates orders in system as required.
- Collects documentation (flame certificates, warranty and service manuals etc.) and provides to agent/owner.
- Provides purchasing support to reps, agents and managers.
- Creates spreadsheets to assist in project costing
- Provides estimates of time required to create BOMs based on project complexity and scope
- Assists in communicating terms and conditions to non-approved suppliers
- Assists in issue resolution of BOMs, spec sheets and change forms
- Assists in weekly expediting of vendor shipments
- Computer proficiency
- Verbal, written communications skills
- Solid understanding of business practices
- Basic problem-solving skills
- Ability to build strong working relationships
- Solid customer service skills
- Basic negotiation skills
- Solid organizational skills
- High School diploma
- Preferred college degree
- Minimum 1 years’ experience in procurement, preferably in the hospitality design industry.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.