Global Luxury Sales Intern - London
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18003E4P
Job Category Sales and Marketing
Location London GSO, London, Greater London VIEW ON MAP
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Sales Coordinator Intern, will predominantly be supporting the Luxury Group Sales Team. This role will entail coordination of all group requests from UK and Ireland markets with use of Salesforce and ISAC and daily communication with over 360 Luxury hotels globally. Brands include The Ritz-Carlton, EDITION, Bulgari, St. Regis, W, The Luxury Collection and JW Marriott. The Sales Coordinator Intern, Group Sales will be involved in the coordination of direct sales activities as well as client events throughout the year and will be expected to professionally represent Marriott International Luxury Brand portfolio and manage responsibilities that ensure a strong relationship as a liaison with customers and each property.
- Assist in coordinating travel opportunities including Tradeshows, industry roadshows, sales appointments, familiarization trips
- Represent Marriott International Luxury Brands
- Develop and maintain respectful working relationship at all levels of the organization, including London GSO and with property based Group Sales Managers, while working within the hierarchy to ensure results and goals are achieved.
- Knowledge of top group accounts by markets
- Support efforts to identify Development Accounts
- Manage special projects when applicable
- Develop and demonstrate understanding and knowledge of key Group hotels and destinations
- Maintain strong relationship with property sales teams including Group Sales Managers and Sales Coordinators
- Assist with scheduling and preparing for customer presentations to accounts based upon customer needs
- Proactively facilitate communication with the customer base and hotels
- Communicate with clients to gain full understanding of decision making process including history, key decision factors, time line, and decision hierarchy
- Maintain strong and collaborative working relationships with all members of Global Sales Offices
- Promote positive relations with customers and employees
- Support Luxury Global Sales Office initiatives by assisting in increasing the London Luxury GSO team revenue production, using negotiation skills to maximize conversion of group leads, while utilizing effective sales skills in overcoming objections
- Maintain knowledge of Marriott International Luxury Brands portfolio; develop knowledge of basic hotel capabilities related to numbers of rooms and meeting space capabilities and all hotel characteristics as relevant to Group segment
- Maintain level of knowledge of the competition’s product
- Comply with all Global Sales Office policies and procedures
- Field and prioritize all incoming inquiries and opportunities, analyze the capabilities of the request and manage distribution of these inquiries to appropriate hotel (s).
- Evaluate leads and offer comparable alternative Marriott International Luxury Brands locations to existing proposals, where applicable.
- Assist with incoming phone calls (when necessary) in a pleasant manner within 3 rings, following Marriott Luxury Brands telephone etiquette.
- Handle internal and external guest opportunities by following instant pacification procedures ensuring guest satisfaction
- Ensure paperwork is processed to clients, other departments, etc., with a timely manner. Complete all assigned paperwork within a timely manner
- Produce weekly and monthly production reports with Sales Manager production and individual property production figures.
- Send monthly production spreadsheet to Corporate office by 7th of every month
- Produce quarterly production reports per manager
- Maintain updated list of key group contacts and each Marriott International Luxury Brands property worldwide
- Organise all group correspondence per account and lead and set up tasks for relevant follow up
LEARNING & APPLYING TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
§ Maintain and continuously develop computerized file databases of complete customer and account history using Salesforce
§ Develop reporting mechanism to continuously educate hotel managers on the updated status of accounts
§ Maintain a working knowledge of the computer systems – Outlook and Salesforce and ISAC
§ Strong project management and organizational skills
§ Good written and verbal communication skills
§ Ability to maintain positive relationships with customers (both internal and external)
§ Working knowledge of Outlook and Salesforce preferred
§ Sales skills with strong and ethical sales principles and processes
§ Ability to perform job function with minimal supervision, even under pressure and as a cohesive team member
§ Ability to be a clear thinker, analyze and resolve problems while exercising good judgment
§ Ability to remain calm and courteous with difficult and demanding situations
§ Ability to prioritize, organize work assignments and follow-up
§ Ability to ensure security and confidentiality of customer and company information
§ Ability to enforce the company’s quality procedures
§ Maintain high level of knowledge in reference to Marriott International Luxury Brands product
§ Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all GSO policies and procedures
§ Ensure that processes meet Marriott International Luxury Brands standards in terms of consistency and standardization
§ Ability to manage electronic real time communication channels
§ Work effectively in a team environment
- Assisting with arrangements for client events and tradeshows and client follow-ups as well as group follow ups
- To assist with all reasonable projects that the department requires
- Order general office supplies, including cartridges, photocopy paper, toner etc. and Marriott International Luxury Brands branded stationary & business cards
- Ensure brochure supply for all hotels is kept full and up to date.
- Advocates and demonstrates continuous improvement by adjusting to new ways as conditions and priorities change which may include learning new skills
- Takes initiative by being a part of the solution and assisting in the resolution of issues/problems resulting from change
- Able to work with different levels of management and management styles as needed in position
- Keeps work group informed, speaks and writes clearly and concisely
- Actively listens to others recommendations while seeking clarification and offering alternatives as appropriate
- Communicates in a timely, proactive manner, receives directions and feedback well
Job Related Business Focus
- Actions support key business values of customer service, associate satisfaction and financial success
- Demonstrates pleasant, helpful and accurate service to internal and external customers
- Respects fellow associates
- Efficiently purchases and utilizes resources to produce quality products
Planning & Organizing
- Sets priorities and establishes a realistic action plan while anticipating potential issues impacting the plan
- Develops and follows procedures for ensuring quality, is detail-oriented, maximizes resources, meets deadlines, and follows through on assignments
- Identifies problems and seeks resolution through sound judgment and solid decision making skills, where appropriate
- Directs problems to higher level or applicable department for resolution
- Works well in a team environment
- Acts as a liaison with other resources/departments as appropriate
- Gives recognition, collaborates and builds trust among others, treats people fairly, equally and respectfully, promotes celebration when appropriate
- Demonstrates requisite technical expertise as defined by the position.
- Demonstrates commitment and reliability in getting the job done efficiently, timely, professionally and accurately
- Balances multiple projects simultaneously and maintains the personal, technical and professional skills needed to perform job duties
- Consistently strives to improve these skills and represents staff and division positively
Essentials 1) English speaking + 1 additional language (desirable)
2) Strong communication skills, written and oral
3) Proficient in basic computer skills
4) Familiarity with Sales/Marketing tools
5) Hotel sales experience
6) Business Development Skills
7) Strong administration skills
Desirables: 1) Additional language skills
2) Creative Talent
3) Desire to pursue career further both in UK and Europe
§ Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required in process
The position will be based in the London Luxury Global Sales Offices (GSO).
A review of this description has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and requirements are essential job functions.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor.
This document does not create an employment contract implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” employment relationship.