Cluster Event Planning Manager
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18003C9S
Job Category Sales and Marketing
Location Residence Inn Arlington Pentagon City, Arlington, Virginia VIEW ON MAP
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Assists customers with planning event needs for Select Service & Extended Stay (SS & ES) properties. Monitors the administrative processes associated with the pre-event and post-event phases of an event and the associated transitions between all event phases. Verifies a seamless turnover from sales to operations and back to sales while consistently delivering a high level of service. Maximizes revenue opportunities by up-selling and accurately forecasting (e.g., catering and group rooms) all events. Monitors guest and associate satisfaction and meets team revenue and booking goals.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 2 years experience in the sales and marketing, guest services, front desk, or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel and Restaurant Management.
• Knowledge of Food and Beverage (F&B), menu planning, food presentation, and banquet and event service operations.
• Broad understanding of facility management including ability to manage guest room and meeting space inventories.
• Knowledge of overall hotel operations as they affect each particular hotel for which they are planning events.
• Knowledge of Event Technology products and services.
• Hospitality Management Degree beneficial.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Sales Activities
• Manages group room blocks and meeting space, and produces Banquet Event Orders.
• Assists customers with planning event needs for Select Service & Extended Stay (SS & ES) properties.
• Verifies a seamless turnover from sales to operations and back to sales while consistently delivering a high level of service.
• Turns event over to the on-property operations team for the execution of details.
• Adheres to all standards, policies, and procedures.
• Integrates current trends in event management and event design.
• Verifies associates understand expectations and parameters.
• Solicits feedback from the hotel departments to identify areas for improvement to enhance the Event Planner’s experience.
• Reviews event results and customer feedback.
• Participates in the development and implementation of corrective action plans.
• Emphasizes guest satisfaction and focuses on continuous improvement.
• Up-sells products and services throughout the pre-event phase.
• Maximizes revenue opportunities by up-selling and accurately forecasting (e.g., catering and group rooms) all events.
• Monitors guest and associate satisfaction and meets team revenue and booking goals.
• Manages customer budgets to maximize revenue and meet customer needs.
• Forecasts group sleeping rooms and event revenue (e.g., catering and audio-visual) for assigned groups.
• Performs other duties as assigned to meet business needs.
Building Successful Relationships
• Coordinates and communicates verbally and in writing with customer (e.g., internal and external) regarding event details. Follows up with customer post-event.
• Monitors the administrative processes associated with the pre-event and post-event phases of an event and the associated transitions between all event phases.
• Acts as liaison between the Group Sales person and customer throughout the event process (e.g., pre-event, event, post-event). Makes availability known to the customer at all times during this process.
• Solves problems and/or suggests alternatives to previous arrangements.
• Monitors customer experience from file turnover through the post event phase until turnover back to Business Development.
• Sets a positive example for guest relations.
• Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
• Responds to and handles guest problems and complaints, as appropriate.