Senior Manager Learning and Development, Performance Advisory and Brand Initiatives Europe
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 180038PL
Job Category Human Resources
Location Europe Office - London, London, Greater London VIEW ON MAP
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
STRATEGIC CONSULTING & LEARNING ADVISOR
- Serves in an internal consulting capacity to the continent and corporate team with a focus on brand service and culture by anticipating and identifying HR and L&D business opportunities and challenges to be addressed in the continent with strategies that align and support the global brand growth and service strategies.
As much of brand talent’s work can be in the learning space, this role is critical in championing learning work with brand stakeholders (both in Headquarters and the Europe office) as well as ensuring alignment on deliverables, progress, and feedback across L+D and brand. This requires a strong partnership with the global L+D brand development team and the Europe L+D team to develop learning strategies, scope potential learning work, triage and resolve issues related to L+D directly with brand and L+D stakeholders.
This role requires significant stakeholder management within the Brand organization, HR organization, Global Operations, both in Headquarters and the Europe teams.
BRAND TALENT/L&D INITIATIVES
Partner with global Talent brand team and the Continent, AVP, HR Leadership, ADHR, Learning, CLS and BMSC resources to execute Brand Talent & Culture Initiatives.
Provide input and feedback to Continent and Corporate HR COE and Brand teams regarding the talent related requirements to deliver on-strategy brand culture and services, including selection, engagement, culture and learning.
Identify and utilize key HR and Business data/metrics to assess effectiveness of Brand programs and to inform recommendations for future programs and enhancements.
Support L&D team in “brand halo” hotel openings to provide guidance to and reinforce cultural norms and expectations.
Partner with Continent and property learning resources to ensure appropriate brand immersion, new hire orientation, service training and development training are executed.
Educate and update HR community at property and above property on brand strategies and initiatives.
Partners with HR COEs and ADHRs on property level brand sustainment efforts and activities to ensure brand initiatives are driven and reinforced.
Ensure that the L+D Delivery team and ADHRs are kept up to date with all brand changes and branded L+D initiatives.
Partner the L+D Delivery team to deliver brand programs as required
Monitor the Brand Audits and guestVoice results and works with property team to identify best practices and identify L+D interventions to support strong performance.
Support the sustainment of brand service culture at property level by ensuring reinforcement tools are utilized effectively
Monitor Brand Program training saturation levels and works with hotels to resolve challenges
Share brand service culture data with key stakeholders on a regular basis
Partner with Above Property HR leaders, AVPs, L&D Team and Brand to ensure healthy succession and ongoing development of leaders for all brand categories.
Participate in and leverages annual Human Capital Planning activities to identify Luxury and Lifestyle talent, development needs and talent gaps.
Create and educate a pool of suitable mentors/ brand experts for all the tier-specific Executive Programs.
4-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 8 years’ experience in human resources, brand management, business consulting or related professional area at leadership level OR, an MBA degree from an accredited university level.
- A minimum of 6 years of experience in the areas of general consulting, human capital consulting, brand talent, brand management, organizational development, change management or training and development, demonstrating progressive career growth and a pattern of exceptional performance and lodging/hospitality industry knowledge will be an added advantage.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Managing Change - Initiates and/or manages the change process and energizes it on an ongoing basis, taking steps to remove barriers or accelerate its pace; serves as role model for how to handle change by maintaining composure and performance level under pressure or when experiencing challenges.
- Strategy Development & Execution - Develops business plans by exploring and systematically evaluating opportunities with the greatest potential for producing positive results; ensures successful preparation and execution of business plans through effective planning, organizing, and on-going evaluation processes.
- Driving for Results - Sets high standards of performance; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required.
- Strategic Partnerships - Develops collaborative relationships by making individuals feel valued, appreciated, and included; explores partnership opportunities with other people in and outside the organization; influences and leverages relationships to achieve objectives.
- Strong project management skills
- Thrive in a fast - paced, project-driven organization. Able to work in a deadline driven environment—executing goals and delivering against the objectives of assignments to meet time, budget, and quality criteria; demonstrates initiative
- Comfortable with ambiguity and change with excellent analytical skills where problems are complex.
- Ability to integrate and balance priorities, work activities and resources for the benefit of multiple key stakeholders.
- Results oriented; delivers results under difficult conditions and demonstrates balanced judgment under pressure.
- Communicates concepts in a clear and persuasive manner that is easy to understand.
- Highly organized and able to handle multiple priorities at any given point in time.
- Experienced developing business cases, return on investment models and writing proposals.
Prior success in the creation and implementation of L&D and talent development strategies.
- Adult Learning – is knowledgeable and has hands-on experience in understanding and facilitating adult learning
- Facilitation and Training – has mastered skills in facilitation, training and presentation including delivery of vILT
- Human Resources – thinks strategically and demonstrates connectivity with training strategy and overall human resources goals
- Business Acumen – demonstrates a solid understanding of the business based on own experience
- Ability to use standard software applications including Word, Excel, Power Point and use of audiovisual equipment