Director Learning and Development Performance Advisory, Design & Development Europe
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 180038PA
Job Category Human Resources
Location Europe Office - London, London, Greater London VIEW ON MAP
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Serves in an internal consulting capacity to all disciplines and the continent in general by anticipating and identifying HR and L&D business opportunities and challenges, to be then met with strategies that align and support the overall Continent strategies and business priorities. This includes translating discipline and continent needs into the design and development of unique talent, culture and service L&D solutions.
This role is critical in championing learning work with discipline stakeholders (both in Headquarters and the Europe office) as well as ensuring alignment on deliverables, progress, and feedback across L+D and brand. This requires a strong partnership with the Corporate L+D Performance Advisory team and the Europe L+D team to develop learning strategies, scope potential learning work, triage and resolve issues related to L+D.
This role requires significant stakeholder management within the HQ and Continent SMEs, and the HR organization in Europe.
BUILDING BUSINESS RELATIONSHIPS
Creates and maintains learning strategies specific to the Continent.
In conjunction with the Dir L&D supports the process of collaborative thinking across functions in Europe to ensure design, development and delivery of learning solutions are focused on engaging learners and meeting strategic objectives
Partner with Area and Continent Leadership and Marriott disciplines to align and support development strategies
Contribute to the development of new L&D initiatives, programs and processes for Europe, linking with corporate team resources and sharing feedback/insights based on local knowledge and needs
Builds and sustains key internal customer and external client relationships by analyzing client needs, evaluating and acting on client feedback.
Serves as liaison with discipline leaders providing consultation on initiatives that have an L+D component.
Demonstrates comprehension of discipline business priorities and an acute understanding of organizational dynamics and ability to assess customer/client needs, creatively approach solutions, influence appropriate courses of action, and manage client expectations.
Continually reviews stakeholder feedback to identify and communicate current and future needs of internal and external customers as it relates to the initiative planning and prioritization process.
MANAGING PORTFOLIOS & PRIORITIES
Key point of contact for in the Continent with responsibility for managing the end-to-end L+D process for program development (project scoping, design, development, delivery, measurement and sustainment).
Leads demand planning and forecasting to support specific brand/discipline initiatives and business priorities with broader understanding of how learning interventions align with other HR activities.
Identifies desired outcomes, collaboratively defines learning requirements, and recognizes opportunities to connect initiatives with similar goals.
Aligns projects with short-and long-range business plans with Learning Innovation and Learning Technology roadmaps.
Updates stakeholders on key business planning efforts, solicits feedback and engages leadership to develop and execute action plans to address gaps.
Fosters a positive climate to build effective project teams that are committed to organizational goals and initiatives.
Leads design sessions, focus groups, pilots, walk-throughs to translate business needs into modern learning solutions as well as implementation, sustainment, and measurement strategies to help transfer acquired knowledge to the job.
Partners with stakeholders in the Continent to define project plans and create business cases for investment in learning solutions.
Monitors existing learning interventions to ensure changing business needs are taken into account in planning, and to ensure continuity and the quality of all training programs.
- Lead the implementation process of Required & Recommended Training Inventories for the continent.
- Serve as champion of Marriott culture instilling the core values and principles of Marriott, demonstrated in all behaviors and conversations
- Complete all project work in partnership with L+D Leaders within budgetary requirements and time frames.
- Perform other duties as assigned to meet business needs.
4-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 8 years’ experience in human resources, business consulting or related professional area at leadership level OR, an MBA degree from an accredited university;
- A minimum of 6 years of experience in the areas of general consulting, human capital consulting, organizational development, change management or training and development, demonstrating progressive career growth and a pattern of exceptional performance and lodging/hospitality industry knowledge will be an added advantage.
- Managing Change - Initiates and/or manages the change process and energizes it on an ongoing basis, taking steps to remove barriers or accelerate its pace; serves as role model for how to handle change by maintaining composure and performance level under pressure or when experiencing challenges.
- Strategy Development & Execution - Develops business plans by exploring and systematically evaluating opportunities with the greatest potential for producing positive results; ensures successful preparation and execution of business plans through effective planning, organizing, and on-going evaluation processes.
- Driving for Results - Sets high standards of performance; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required.
- Strategic Partnerships - Develops collaborative relationships by making individuals feel valued, appreciated, and included; explores partnership opportunities with other people in and outside the organization; influences and leverages relationships to achieve objectives.
- Strong project management skills
- Thrive in a fast - paced, project-driven organization. Able to work in a deadline driven environment—executing goals and delivering against the objectives of assignments to meet time, budget, and quality criteria; demonstrates initiative
- Comfortable with ambiguity and change with excellent analytical skills where problems are complex.
- Ability to integrate and balance priorities, work activities and resources for the benefit of multiple key stakeholders.
- Results oriented; delivers results under difficult conditions and demonstrates balanced judgment under pressure.
- Communicates concepts in a clear and persuasive manner that is easy to understand.
- Highly organized and able to handle multiple priorities at any given point in time.
- Experienced developing business cases, return on investment models and writing proposals.
Prior success in the creation and implementation of L&D and talent development strategies.
- Adult Learning – is knowledgeable and has hands-on experience in understanding and facilitating adult learning
- Facilitation and Training – has mastered skills in facilitation, training and presentation including delivery of vILT
- Human Resources – thinks strategically and demonstrates connectivity with training strategy and overall human resources goals
- Business Acumen – demonstrates a solid understanding of the business based on own experience.