Marketing Senior Account Manager (Remote Role Based in Texas)
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 180034UD
Job Category Sales and Marketing
Location , , Texas VIEW ON MAP
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
The Senior Account Manager leads a team of Brand, Marketing and Digital (BMD) Field Marketing Account Managers focused on developing marketing strategies for the properties within a geographical area, in addition to managing a limited portfolio of hotels. The position reports to the organization’s BMD Director and is responsible for managing and maintaining on-going relationships with properties, owners and above property leaders, and works closely with BMD Marketing Knowledge Experts (KE) to confirm Marketing initiatives are being executed at the property and destination level in partnership with the Destination Account Manager and Centers of Excellence (COE). The Senior Account Manager designs customized annual marketing and implementation plans for each assigned property including setting key marketing goals and identifying key marketing channels to be utilized to reach goals. Partners with their Account Managers to design strategic plans for the hotels in their portfolio for the year ahead while also offering guidance on plan optimizations based on performance and/or need, but also works with Revenue Management and Sales area leadership to confirm alignment with Area priorities and needs.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 5 years experience in the guest services, front desk, housekeeping, or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; 3 years experience in the guest services, front desk, housekeeping, or related professional area.
• College (University) degree in Marketing, Hospitality Management, or related field preferred.
• MBA or similar advanced degree a plus.
• 4+ years managerial experience.
• Prior experience in the field of marketing or marketing services support, digital marketing and social media experience preferred.
• Demonstrated ability to balance the interests and demands of multiple stakeholders.
• Hotel property experience, hotel field marketing experience, or related preferred.
• Understands brand and marketing strategies and their application to the supported markets and its consumers.
• Understands the competitive environment and the local customer attitudes / behaviors.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Associates and Regional Marketing Initiatives
• Leads a team of Field Marketing Account Managers and Coordinators focused on developing marketing strategies for their portfolio of properties; including but not limited to the following supervisory activities:
o Training and development of associates;
o Coaching and counseling of associates;
o Communicating with their respective teams;
o Monitoring associate performance; and
o Hiring, LPP review process, and terminations.
• Monitors property-level sales and marketing planning to verify business targets and key MI/brand strategies are appropriately represented in property marketing plans; engaging with the BMD Director when necessary.
• Monitors team in customizing marketing plans for specific properties, with brand specialization where possible.
• At a minimum of once per quarter, reviews hotel performance, business/economic trends and updates marketing plans (otherwise as needed); engaging with the BMD Director when necessary.
• Determines KPIs and specific goals for properties, monitors progress against those goals and provides reports and information about progress.
• Reviews property plans and marketing output; verifying best practices are followed.
• Manages Account Managers and/or Coordinators and any other BMD support personnel, as assigned, and verifies work quality.
• Collects and shares best practices for plans and campaigns across managers, utilizing BMD collaboration and communication tools (i.e., StarForce).
• Provides guidance, mentorship, and review work of work by managers.
• Assists in hiring/promotion decisions of team members.
Marketing Activities for Hotels
• Develops customized annual marketing strategies for their portfolio of hotels, addressing property business goals by leveraging Marriott’s marketing engine; pulling through the marketing message from Marriott International, Loyalty and the brands to the property level.
• Develops and implements integrated programs for assigned hotels as well as partners with Destination Marketing Account Managers for key market in response to customer needs, market trends, key competitors, brand direction, and stakeholder needs.
• Guides marketing budget recommendations that align with business needs.
• Creates holistic annual and quarterly marketing plans that tie in the full suite of BMD offerings, including promotions, loyalty, brand, partnerships, digital and more, using of standard BMD marketing plan templates.
• Serves as the primary point of contact for a collection of hotels for BMD needs.
• Designs customized annual marketing and implementation plans for each assigned property including setting key marketing goals and identifying key marketing channels to be utilized to reach goals.
• Develops an understanding of how to promote hotels using applicable loyalty program and redemption models.
• Communicates with relevant stakeholders as brand educator on brand, marketing and digital topics and advocates with owners, general managers and other property leaders; sharing MI’s point of view.
• Communicates with property to get input during the planning process and throughout the year.
• Understands owner expectations and partners with Portfolio Account Managers (when applicable); develops effective marketing solutions that meet these expectations while also creating value for both owners and Marriott International.
• Partners with Sales, Revenue Management and Operations hotel leaders to confirm they are actively participating and contributing in relevant strategy discussions (i.e., sales strategy meetings).
• Completes relevant brand training and develops a thorough understanding of the lodging business (e.g., hotel operation, industry drivers, challenges, competitors, MI’s position in the global marketplace), specializing in the brands within their portfolio, to identify cutting edge marketing trends that unveil growth opportunities.
• Verifies global strategies meet the marketing needs of all the brands for the supported markets and pulls through new marketing programs/products/services to deliver successful, brand appropriate local implementation.
• Provides marketing budget guidance to property leadership.
• Works with COEs, KEs and other MI teams to execute key marketing and digital activities.
• Develops an understanding of unique customer segment interests and buying patterns; finds relevant research and information to remain current, especially related to segments relevant to supported hotels.
• Develops extensive knowledge of COE capabilities; manages the timeliness and quality of all COE deliverables.
• Shares quantitative view on how various channels/activities support business objectives (e.g., anticipated ROI per channel), along with business insights; sets goals/targets supporting hotel’s KPIs.
• Manages relationships with senior property leadership (e.g., owner groups with multiple properties); works with Portfolio Account Manager to align efforts.
• Updates plans as needed based on performance.
• Educates hotel and regional leadership about marketing strategy, best practices, and policies/procedures to validate adherence to and adoption of regional guidance.
• Identifies opportunities for expanding marketing opportunities/services for a given property; shares value of expanded marketing opportunities/services with property leadership; includes ROI analyses for marketing opportunities/services.
• Documents all interactions with hotels, i.e., planning meetings, presentations, review of results in the preferred data base, i.e., Starforce.
• Perform other duties, as assigned, to meet business needs.
• Responds to ad-hoc requests.