Payrolled Flex Staff (NE) - Temporary Director, GSO B2B Marketing and Events
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 180034RJ
Job Category Administrative
Location Marriott International HQ, Bethesda, Maryland VIEW ON MAP
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
In this position, he/she will be responsible for the content and implementation of the project across all brands. Aligning with the global B2B Marketing & Events strategic vision, the position will develop marketing strategies, manage budgets, develop and execute brand-wide programs (e.g., digital platform), as well as advance key relevant segments.
Education and Experience Preferred
• 4-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Marketing, or Related
• 8 years of relevant professional experience in marketing or related function, demonstrating progressive career growth and pattern of exceptional performance.
• 4 years project management experience and proven success leading a large enterprise wide digital implementation.
• 8 years of relevant professional experience in digital marketing, design or interactive.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
• Work with project stakeholders to develop and execute the strategy, processes and programs that are aligned with the Travel Agency digital platform including setting objectives, initiatives, processes, and standards.
• Work with key internal groups to make sure we are leveraging the latest technology in our plans and our strategy is in line with the overall digital roadmap.
• Works in coordination with Sr. Director of GSO B2B Marketing to ensure brand communication and continental programs are fully integrated at all GSO B2B client touchpoints.
• Collaborate across the region with various stakeholders to ensure brand and communication alignment.
• Research data and interface with clients to develop a firm understanding of the client’s needs and develop connections to B2B offerings and revenue growth.
• Align with the continents to provide the B2B customer voice and help to improve regional B2B marketing campaigns to ensure customer retention and upsell the existing customer base.
• Oversee the creation and production all B2B marketing materials and collateral across all platforms to obtain consistent representations of brands.
• Keep internal stakeholders informed and participating regarding media trends, press releases, events and customer engagement opportunities.
• Align with other regional teams on key metrics related to understanding the effectiveness of marketing campaigns on client retention and acquisition and enable data driven decision making.
• Manage budget for all B2B Marketing activities and report back to Sr. Director of GSO B2B Marketing
• Continuously improves department, program, team, and job structures and ensures clear leadership accountabilities are in place.
• Performs other reasonable duties as required for the position.
Managing Stakeholder Relationships
• Develops and maintains effective relationships with both internal and external stakeholders across the organization.
• Ensures tight connection and goal alignment with the continent Marketing teams
• Fosters a positive climate to build effective teams that are committed to organizational goals and initiatives.
• Updates stakeholders on key initiative wins and opportunities, responds to concerns, and solicits feedback.
• Engages leadership to develop and execute action plans to address gaps.
• Assists direct reports with building and maintaining stakeholder relationships as business partnerships.
Leading and Managing Teams
• Creates a team environment that encourages accountability, high standards, and innovation.
• Sets clear organizational goals and expectations for direct reports using the performance review process and holds team accountable for performance.
• Continuously improves team and job structures and ensures clear leadership accountabilities are in place.
• Facilitates regular, ongoing communication in department.
• Builds credibility with others and encourages strong working relationships.
• Creates a work environment in which others feel comfortable sharing thoughts and feedback.
• Shows awareness of how own behavior impacts others and the work environment.
• Encourages others to work together.
• Models and empowers others to anticipate and respond to customer/stakeholder preferences and feedback.
• Clearly explains policies in ways that create strong customer/stakeholder relationships.
• Monitors customer/stakeholder satisfaction and takes appropriate action.
• Resolves customer/stakeholder issues and concerns raised by others.
• Creates an environment where everyone is valued and included.
• Models and coaches others on representing the Company culture of service, opportunity, respect, and fair treatment.
• Acts when others are treated unfairly or are not valued and respected for their unique skills.
• Looks for and uses ideas and opinions from diverse sources.
• Attracts, develops, and retains a multicultural and multigenerational workforce.
• Gives all associates the opportunity to achieve their full potential.
• Organizes activities that promote inclusion.
• Maintains an awareness of changing customer/stakeholder and associate characteristics.
Generating Talent and Organizational Capability
• Ensures the right jobs are in place to do the work.
• Looks for ways to better organize work and assign tasks.
• Continuously improves work processes.
• Brings together the appropriate mix of associate knowledge and skills to do the job.
• Models and coaches team on scope of decision‐making authority.
• Uses meetings and other forums to regularly communicate with team.
• Reinforces an environment that supports feedback and ongoing development.
• Models expectations for desired/required acceptable behavior, knowledge, and skill levels.
• Develops direct reports by identifying needs and partnering on developmental plans.
• Supports recruitment efforts and builds relationships to attract top talent.
• Models and coaches others on making effective hiring decisions using available tools and processes.
• Ensures successful on‐boarding of new talent.
• Models and coaches others on staying calm and focused during stressful situations.
• Communicates to others why change is happening and how it impacts their work.
• Models flexibility when managing multiple demands and changing priorities.
• Provides resources that help others deal with change and challenges.
• Adjusts team and own priorities when experiencing change or challenges.
• Determines how change impacts stakeholders and communicates concerns to leadership.
Communication and Professional Demeanor
• Clearly presents complex information using different methods.
• Adapts communication style based on the audience.
• Demonstrates active listening to ensure understanding.
• Models and coaches others on appropriately interpreting verbal and non‐verbal behavior.
• Models and coaches others on displaying professionalism and gaining respect from others.
Problem Solving and Decision Making
• Identifies issues and makes suggestions to solve complex problems affecting daily work.
• Models and coaches others on breaking complex issues into manageable parts.
• Looks for and shares information with others before making a decision.
• Models and coaches others on identifying and evaluating alternatives and their implications before making decisions.
• Involves and gains agreement from others when making key decisions.
• Makes complex decisions and works with others to implement solutions in reasonable amount of time.
Learning and Applying Professional Expertise
• Sets own career goals and identifies developmental areas for self and others.
• Uses resources and challenging assignments to improve performance of self and others.
• Gathers, shares, and uses information about industry and discipline trends and best practices.
• Budgets for training to support associate development, as applicable.
• Coaches and holds others accountable for professional growth.