Director of Revenue Management - JW Marriott Grosvenor House London
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 180033WK
Job Category Revenue Management
Location Europe Office-UKShared Service, Luton, Bedfordshire VIEW ON MAP
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Director of Revenue Management - JW Marriott, Grosvenor House, London
We are seeking an experienced Director of Revenue Management for one of our flagship hotels in Europe, The JW Marriott, Grosvenor House. The role is responsible for the revenue strategy of this iconic hotel and will serve as a strategic business partner to the hotel’s Leadership Team. Operating in the fast-paced, dynamic London market, this role will provide a superior challenge for an experienced Director of Revenue; responsible for managing inventory allocation, pricing, forecasting and business planning for this 496 room newly renovated property with an exceptional 23 event rooms, +58,000 sq ft. of meeting space and the Great Room with a maximum capacity of 2,000.
What will I be doing?
· Leading yield management efforts to maximize revenue and profit, working with Marriott’s proprietary award winner yield management tool.
· Responsible for forecasting for Rooms and Catering revenues; Budgeting and Business Planning.
· Ensuring hotel sales strategies are communicated, implemented, analysed and modified in line with market fluctuations to meet hotels goals.
· Acting as a business partner to proactively enable discussions with stakeholders regarding mix and strategy across multiple years into the future for Transient, Group and Catering segments.
· Lead the weekly sales strategy meeting, providing strategic direction, recommendations and supporting documentation.
· Developing and managing key stakeholder relationships in a proactive manner including The Hotel General Manager & Leadership Team and The Area & Continent Leaders.
· Analyses tools and reports to identify trends, future need periods and obstacles to achieving goals.
· Communicates brand initiatives, demand and market analysis to stakeholders, proactively seeks Market Intelligence to give context to performance and strategy.
· Checks distribution channels for hotel positioning, placement and information accuracy.
· Ensures hotel strategies conform to brand philosophies and initiatives.
· Promote discipline awareness amongst stakeholders and facilitate training in the revenue management function.
· Leads Owner Meetings as required.
What are we looking for?
To be successful as the Director of Revenue Management, Grosvenor House, you will have a passion for Revenue maximisation and an ability to implement creative strategies to achieve business priorities. You should also be able to demonstrate the core skills required for the position that follow:
· Revenue Management - Knowledge of total hotel revenue management concepts, processes and strategies (including sales cycles and trends, account management, pricing, and inventory management).
· Leadership - Utilizing interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
· Demonstrating Knowledge - Demonstrating knowledge of job-relevant issues, products, systems, and processes.
· Developing Objectives and Strategies - Establishing long-range objectives and specifying the strategies and actions to achieve them.
· Executing on a Strategy - taking a predetermined strategy and driving the execution of that strategy.
· Communicating Information Timely - Informing and/or updating the executives, the peers and the subordinates on relevant information in a timely manner.
· Generating and Delivering Accurate and Timely Results - Generating and providing accurate and timely results in the form of reports, presentations, etc.
· Making Decisions and Solving Problems - Analysing information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
· Organizing, Planning, and Prioritizing Work - Developing specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
· Writing - Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
· Analytical/Critical Thinking - The ability to gather and organize information using a logical and systematic process; recognize patterns and relationships in complex data; examine data to identify implications, problems and draw appropriate conclusions; generate alternative solutions to problems; evaluate strengths, weaknesses and consequences of alternative solutions and approaches to solving problems.
· Computer Skills – Familiar with the usage of yield management systems. Extensive working knowledge of Excel.
· Originality - The ability to develop creative ways to solve a problem or communicate a strategy.
The successful applicant will already have significant revenue management experience with complex full service hotels operating in fast paced, dynamic markets. This role is ideally suited to an ambitious leader looking to further test their revenue management expertise in this exceptional property.
In addition to competitive salary and benefits, this role offers an amazing opportunity to develop and progress within a structured clustered revenue team, based at the JW Marriott, Grosvenor House, London:
· Worldwide travel perks - Discounted rates on accommodation, food, drink, spa and products
· Industry leading benefits including contributory pension scheme and health cover
· 28 days holidays including bank holidays (increasing yearly)
· Complimentary meals on duty
· Complimentary laundry
· Fantastic career growth opportunities
· Annual events including regular associate events for recognition of achievements