Senior Manager, Support for Office Systems (SOS)
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18002ZIU
Job Category Legal
Location Marriott International HQ, Bethesda, Maryland VIEW ON MAP
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
- Leadership of the SOS team (i.e., five – six members),
- Oversight of the team’s efforts to provide the hardware and software technical support to the global Law Department, Global Communications & Public Affairs, and Development Departments as well as the Marriott Foundation for People with Disabilities (the “Foundation”) ~ 500 associates globally,
- Oversight of the technical support of specific Law Department applications to all outside counsel engaged by the Law Department,
- Development of and adherence to best practice Law Department technology support operations and procedures ensuring timely and effective resolution of the department’s technology issues, and
- Lead role in the assessment and review of new technology for the Legal environment.
- Oversee the day to day operations of the SOS technology support team by providing day-to-day guidance, direction, and work flow management. Manage the efforts of the SOS team to provide technology support including hardware, software, telecommunications, and database operations to all its clients in a timely and effective manner. Coach, mentor, and develop the talent and effectively manage the performance of the staff – responsible for the annual performance reviews and evaluations.
- Develop best practice processes and documentation focused on an efficient global help desk supporting all aspects of the clients’ technology needs and support, including hardware, software, databases, mobile devices and network portals
- Assess the tools and resources used by the SOS team and modify as needed to ensure the highest level of efficiency, accuracy, and timely delivery of resolution
- Manage all projects related to the upgrade of the department’s technologies
- Monitor workload and schedule to ensure balance of priorities and timely remediation of technology issues
- Foster professionalism and congeniality within the SOS Team
- Provide training and documentation to SOS staff to ensure all can successfully complete all tasks and have a high level of technical expertise in all the technology used by the Law Department and business clients
- Develop technology documentation and training for clients; conduct classes and training videos as necessary to ensure clients are proficient in the use of the technology implemented in the department
- Be proficient in all the databases and technology supported by the team; serve as an escalation point for those issues that the team cannot resolve on their own
- Serve as the primary contact with technology vendors and corporate iT staff for Law Department technology objectives and issues
- Analyze and identify opportunities and then develop procedures.
- Stay up-to-date on current and emerging technology, particularly for applications for the Law Department. Identify trends and new technologies to support the objective to leverage the use of technology across the department.
- Audit and manage the department’s hardware and software inventory ensuring license compliance and available inventory when needed
- Provide ongoing advice and guidance to the Law Department, Business Function leaders, and other affected stakeholders to improve processes and achieve client objectives through the use of technology.
- Requirements for Position
- Minimum of a four-year high school degree and 10 years’ experience, including at least 3 years supervisory experience, preferably in Law Department environment;
- Extended experience and expertise in the management of technology help desk support
- Superior attention to detail, flawless execution, and strong troubleshooting skills
- Outstanding customer service skills and strong oral and written communication skills
- Excellent judgment and use of discretion; trustworthiness with sensitive information is paramount
- Comfortable in adapting to change and varying work priorities upon short notice
- Team player
- Strong leadership skills, ability to train others, ability to assess and manage workload/tasks/projects of others
- Creative thinker, able to see and understand the overall objectives
- Project Management Professional – PMP certification a plus
- Microsoft certification, including Microsoft Office, preferred