Manager-F&B Operations-Americas (OSR) (In-Market Support, Hawaii)
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18002VD0
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location , , Hawaii VIEW ON MAP
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Members of the Operations Support Resources team will be deployed to temporary assignments of varying durations (based on specific hotel needs) as directed by CLS Leadership. This job is designed to "fill the gaps" in the operations of our hotels as identified by leadership.
This job will require members of the team to travel extensively; however, relocation is not expected. The time in position requirement will follow the standard company policies. Performance will be evaluated after each assignment via an appraisal from the General Manager/Department Head of the hotel where the assignment occurred.
Operations Support Resources associates are expected to demonstrate professional demeanor and behavior at all times as the associate represents the Continent Lodging Services organization of the Americas.
Management position responsible for daily operations in Restaurants, Bars, Food Outlets, Room Service. Position assists with menu planning, maintains sanitation standards, assists servers and hosts on the floor during peak meal periods and supervises shifts for Restaurants, Bars, Food Outlets and Room Service. Accountable for supporting compliance with brand standards and legal obligations. Directs and motivates team to provide consistent, high quality service. Provides clear communications and sets performance expectations for associates. Identifies training opportunities and plans a strategy to accomplish goals. Assists more senior managers in completion of financial and administrative duties. Strives to continually improve guest and associate satisfaction and maximize financial performance of the F&B operation.
Managing Food and Beverage Operations Activities associated with Restaurant, Bar/Lounge, and other Food and Beverage Outlets
- Manages day-to-day operations. Understands associate positions well enough to perform duties in associates' absence.
- Adheres to and reinforces all standards, policies, and procedures (Core Deliverables, SOPs, LSOPs, etc.).
- Applies and continually broadens knowledge of food and wine trends, and overall event presentation.
- Assists with developing menus and promotions relevant to outlet concept and local market as necessary.
- Communicates and executes departmental and hotel emergency procedures and monitors staff readiness with regard to safety procedures.
- Ensures all associates have proper supplies, equipment and uniforms.
- Ensures compliance with all Bar/Lounge and restaurant policies, standards and procedures.
- Implements agreed upon beverage policy and procedures throughout the hotel.
- Maintains clean and pristine facilities and equipment.
- Monitors departmental inventories and assets including par levels and maintenance of equipment.
- Monitors and enforces compliance with all local, state and Federal beverage and liquor laws.
- Performs all duties of restaurant associates and related departments as necessary.
- Projects supply needs for the department
- Reports malfunctions in department equipment.
- Trains staff on cash handling, credit policies and procedures, and liquor control policies and procedures.
- Understands beverage control including days on hand, perpetual inventory, bar pars, portion control, costs controls, beverage potentials, mix of sales analysis for beverage, issue & returns, food standards, and period end inventory.
- Attends and participates in all pertinent meetings (e.g., Daily Stand Up, Staff, Forecast, Department and Intradepartmental).
Leading Food and Beverage Operations Teams in Day to Day Activities, Holding Teams to High Work Standards, and Modeling Those Standards
- Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
- Creates and nurtures a hotel environment that emphasizes motivation, empowerment, teamwork, continuous improvement and a passion for providing service.
- Participates in department meetings by communicating a clear and consistent message regarding the departmental goals to produce desired results.
- Provides a learning atmosphere with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Responds quickly and proactively to associate's concerns.
- Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
- Ensures and maintains the productivity level of associates.
- Oversees F&B Team Leaders and support staff, culinary, restaurant, beverage and room service operations.
- Manages to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
- Responsible for daily and cumulative financial performance.
- Comprehends budgets, operating statements and payroll progress reports as needed to assist in the financial management of department.
- Schedules service staff to forecast and service standards, while maximizing profits.
- Assists team in developing lasting relationships with groups to retain business and increase growth.
- Uses beverage records to control liquor costs and manage the beverage perpetual inventory.
Managing Day-to-Day Event Operations associated with Banquets, Event Services and Event Technology on an as needed basis
- Ensures meeting and event rooms/space are set according to event documentation (Banquet Event Orders, resumes, etc.) and customer requirements.
- Leads shifts and actively participates in the servicing of events.
- Adheres to and reinforces all standards, policies, and procedures (Core Deliverables, SOPs, LSOPs, etc.).
- Applies knowledge of all laws, as they relate to an event.
- Assists in maintaining the inventory of meeting and event rooms/space amenities (e.g., pads, pens, candy, water service) and other controllable supplies.
- Attends and participates in all pertinent meetings (e.g., Daily Stand Up, BEO, Staff, Forecast, Department and Intradepartmental).
- Attends pre-event/pre-convention meetings as needed to understand group needs.
- Communicates critical information to Banquet and Event Services Teams.
- Conducts meeting/event room inspections prior to each event to ensure the room is set according to specifications.
- Maintains cleanliness and sanitation standards in all event operation areas.
- Coordinates routine maintenance to ensure a quality meeting facility.
- Solves problems and/or suggest alternatives to previous arrangements if necessary.
- Delegates tasks to ensure room sets are “on time” and meet Event Management Standards.
- Ensures associate awareness of the event phase portion of the Event Satisfaction Survey and Guest Satisfaction Scores.
- Ensures candy rotation on all meeting room sets (if applicable).
- Maintains and enforces established sanitation levels.
- Maintains attendance log for Banquet and Event Services associates.
- Manages departmental inventories and assets including par levels and maintenance of equipment.
- Orders supplies for the department (e.g., china, glass, silver, buffet equipment and other service equipment needs).
- Schedules Banquet and Event Service staff to forecast and service standards, while maximizing profits.
- Uses banquet beverage tools to guide banquet beverage supervisor in controlling liquor costs, managing the banquet beverage perpetual inventory and requisitioning liquor.
- Practices and executes brand specific meeting services program per Brand Standard (Redcoat Program, PlumPerfect Program, etc.)
- Assists with the Event Technology/Audio Visual team when necessary in order to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Works with Event Planning team to ensure flawless delivery of events.
- Provides services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and retention.
- Interacts with customers to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
- Responds quickly and proactively to customer concerns.
- Improves service by communicating and assisting individuals to understand guest needs, providing guidance, feedback, and individual coaching when needed.
- Displays leadership in guest hospitality, exemplifies excellent customer service and creates a positive atmosphere for guest relations.
- Empowers associates to provide excellent customer service.
- Incorporates guest satisfaction as a component of departmental meetings with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Manages service delivery in outlets to ensure excellent service from point of entry to departure (e.g., greeting from hostess, speed of order taking and food and beverage delivery, fulfillment of special requests, collection of payment & invitation to return).
- Ensures that all associates, team leaders and managers understand the brand's service culture.
- Reviews comment cards and guest satisfaction results with associates.
- Supervises staffing levels to ensure that customer service, operational needs and financial objectives are met.
- Assists as needed in the interviewing and hiring of associate team members with the appropriate skills.
- Supports a departmental orientation program for associates to receive the appropriate new hire training to successfully perform their job.
- Provides guidance and direction to subordinates, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance.
- Identifies the developmental needs of others and coaches, mentors, or otherwise helps others to improve their knowledge or skills.
- Solicits associate feedback, utilizes an "open door" policy and reviews associate satisfaction results to identify and address associate problems or concerns.
- Participates in the associate performance appraisal process, assisting with the completion of annual performance reviews.
- Ensures recognition is taking place across areas of responsibility.
- Participates in the development and implementation of corrective action plans.
- Supports training when appropriate.
- Communicates and executes departmental and hotel emergency procedures and ensures staff are trained in safety procedures.
- Ensures hotel policies are applied fairly and consistently, disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to Standard and Local Operating Procedures (SOPs and LSOPs) and support the Peer Review Process.
- Reviews staffing levels to ensure that guest service, operational needs and financial objectives are met.
- Assists GM as needed with annual Quality audit.
- Complies with all corporate accounting procedures.
- Analyzes information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Recognizes good quality products and presentations.
- Oversees the financial aspects of the department including purchasing and payment of invoices.
- Ensures effective departmental communication and information systems through logs, department meetings and hotel meetings.
- Participates in key decision making with Executive team.
- Performs additional duties, departmental and/or total hotel related, as assigned and requested.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED; 4 years experience in the Food and Beverage, Culinary or related professional area.
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Food Service Management, Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; 3 years experience in the food and beverage, culinary or related professional area
Technical Knowledge and Skills Demonstrated on the Job (preferred but not required upon entry)
- Running a shift, scheduling, Performance Manage PAF's, Problem Solving (Guest complaints; scheduling, financial and logistics), Managing day to day operational performance, some departmental financial management responsibility requiring Financial Literacy, Hospitality Skills
Certifications Earned on the Job (preferred but not required upon entry)
- Food Safety Certification
- Required One of the following: National Registry of Food Service Professionals, ServSafe, Prometric, CRFA-NFSTP (Canada only)
- Beverage Certification
- Menu Engineering