Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18002UYW
Job Category Information Technology
Location Marriott International HQ, Bethesda, Maryland VIEW ON MAP
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Manages the relationship with Digital business discipline teams to plan technology investments in support of Marriott’s eCommerce platforms, develop technology strategy/roadmaps, work with Enterprise Architecture teams to uncover solutions, inform demand management and address escalations. Collaborates with Digital discipline partners on planning and road mapping phases for the foundational components of our digital platforms. Manages medium-sized or supports large-scale functional and cross-functional initiatives that require coordination across business disciplines and IT.
Education and Experience
- 8-10 years relevant work experience with:
- 3+ years developing and executing strategic technology plans and/or project portfolios
- Skilled at converting business needs into technology requirements and working within IT to manage the execution of projects
- Ability to assess customer/client needs, creatively approach solutions, and decide and influence appropriate courses of action
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience/certification.
- Graduate degree
- Experience with web / digital technologies, specifically Play Framework, Node.js
- Experience with publishing and content management technology platforms
- Experience managing or supporting large eCommerce technology ecosystems
- Proven experience in planning, budgeting, and analysis within one or more business groups.
- Experience with different software development methodologies, e.g. Agile, Kanban, SaFE
- Ability to effectively communicate with stakeholders
- Experience with development of program and project standards in a sourced environment.
- Excellent analytical skills where problems are very unusual and extremely difficult.
- Strong process management, negotiating, influencing, and problem resolution skills.
- Ability to understand and communicate the lifecycle of technologies and applications and to translate into business strategies for the client organizations.
- Ability to accomplish results through others, particularly by establishing relationships, effective controls and partnering in a managed service environment.
- Provides thought leadership to business/discipline to align technology with business strategies
- Provides input to discipline technology roadmaps
- Participates in forums for technology governance and portfolio management and prioritization
- Serves as the escalation point of contact for assigned discipline(s); leads efforts to resolve escalated issues
- Prepares and delivers presentations on technology investments
- Negotiates trade-offs within and across different solution platforms.
- Provides insights on impacts of the timing of solution introduction and technology retirement
- Fosters strong discipline relationships to fully understand business needs
- Supports or leads modeling and planning phases for new initiatives under consideration
- Documents business goals and high-level requirements, providing direction to Business Analysts
- Facilitates BPO/ASP implementations
- Collaborates with Enterprise Architecture and Infrastructure Delivery to confirm proposed solutions are compatible with IT standards
- Accountable for the development of thorough and accurate business requirements, validating that solutions will meet discipline needs prior to development.
- Accountable for business case development. Partners with customer and IT Build teams to complete business cases by providing relevant IT information and monitoring its ability to meet all relevant IT standards.
- Aligns projects with technology roadmaps and technology enterprise architecture.
- Incorporates project plans, costs, schedules, and deliverables to meet business need and in support of the business case.
- Monitors project risk management; creates and implements mitigation plans for each risk.
Financial, Contract and Risk Management
- Provides input to discipline partners to develop annual budgets
- Partners with other IT groups (Build, Run, Manage-Enable) to provide financial transparency to discipline partners
- Manages technology roadmaps to guide solutions along a common path as well as retirement or migration of lesser-used or expensive to maintain technologies.
- Aligns with Security and Privacy to validate that processes are followed to protect and secure customer and/or associate data
- Engages with Vendor Relations to develop service agreements with external companies on behalf of the discipline
- Mentors and coaches business analysts and program team members as appropriate
- Actively drives maturity of IT operating model (i.e. participation in Communities of Practices) and continuous improvement
- Serves as escalation for project managers, if required.
- Adaptability -Maintains performance level under pressure or when experiencing changes or challenges in the workplace.
- Communication -Conveys information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner through a variety of methods.
- Problem Solving and Decision Making - Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; obtains and compares information from different sources to draw conclusions, develops and evaluates alternatives and solutions, solves problems, and chooses a course of action.
- Professional Demeanor - Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
- Strategy Development - Develops business plans by exploring and systematically evaluating opportunities with the greatest potential for producing positive results; ensures successful preparation and execution of business plans through effective planning, organizing, and on-going evaluation processes.
- Building and Contributing to Teams - Participates as a member of a team to move toward the completion of common goals while fostering cohesion and collaboration among team members.
- Strategy Execution -Ensures successful execution across of business plans designed to maximize customer satisfaction, profitability, and market share through effective planning, organizing, and on-going evaluation processes.
- Driving for Results - Sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required.
- Planning and Organizing - Gathers information and resources required to set a plan of action for self and/or others; prioritizes and arranges work requirements to accomplish goals and ensure work is completed.
- Customer Relationships - Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer/stakeholder needs and actions consistent with the company’s service standards.
- Coworker Relationships - Interacts with others in a way that builds openness, trust, and confidence in the pursuit of organizational goals and lasting relationships.
- Global Mindset - Supports employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
Generating Talent and Organizational Capability
- Organizational Capability - Evaluates and adapts the structure of assignments and work processes to best fit the needs and/or support the goals of an organizational unit.
- Talent Management - Provides support and feedback to help individuals develop and strengthen skills and abilities needed to accomplish work objectives.
Learning and Applying Professional Expertise
- Applied Learning - Seeks and makes the most of learning opportunities to improve performance of self and/or others.
- Business Acumen - Understands and utilizes business information to manage everyday operations and generate innovative solutions to approach business and administrative challenges.
- Technical Acumen - Understanding and utilizing professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct and manage everyday business operations and generate innovative solutions to approach function-specific work challenges
- Business Process and Analysis -Knowledge of multiple processes within sponsor department; ability to document key process flows, recognize processes for redesign, identify opportunities and translate business processes into information system’s needs. Ability to define quality measures and evaluate performance against standards and to identify issues, risks and possible paths of resolution or mitigation strategies.
- IT Business Management -Ability to monitor and evaluate trends in technology, technology delivery mechanisms and IT organizational processes and tools. This includes the ability to redefine processes, make recommendations, and perfect process governance frameworks.
- Basic Competencies - Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing basic work activities.
- Basic Computer Skills - Using basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
- Mathematical Reasoning - The ability to add, subtract, multiply, or divide quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issues.
- Oral Comprehension - The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Writing - Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.