Director, BMSC Planning & Services, Asia Pacific
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18002SVU
Job Category Sales and Marketing
Location Asia/Pacif/Australia Region, Hong Kong S.A.R., Hong Kong VIEW ON MAP
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
The Director, BMSC Planning & Services– Asia Pacific is a key member of the BMSC Continent Planning & Services organization that provides planning, business consultancy and internal communication services to the Chief Sales & Marketing Officer (CSMO) and their leadership teams. The position will report into the Vice President, BMSC Planning & Services, Asia Pacific and leads projects ranging from long term strategic planning and oversight of strategic consulting and project management efforts to planning and executing a regular calendar of organizational communications for BMSC internally as well as supporting the development and execution of communications to external audiences (GMs, Owners, Customer Groups).
Key responsibilities will include engaging Asia Pacific BMSC Leadership to identify, plan and locally execute consulting/ project management related initiatives that will enable a successful delivery against the strategic priorities of Marriott International. In addition, this role will be responsible for leading the internal communications strategy for Asia Pacific BMSC including conceiving of, planning and executing a regular calendar of organizational communications for the organization internally as well as project related change management communications. Success in this role requires strong organizational skills, strategic thinking, and the ability to manage multiple priorities at the same time. This position will work closely with other departments within Marriott’s Corporate Headquarters (e.g., Sales, HR, Finance, and Analytics) as well as with senior leadership in the field. The position will also oversee 2 Sr. Managers of Planning & Services and 1 Manager of Communications.
Some examples of projects that this individual may lead include the following:
· Strategic planning to develop 3 year strategy roadmap for BMSC APAC and lead other staff/planning meetings
· Consulting and PMO initiatives to determine, design and implement the optimal sales structure for various markets
· Internal communications including townhalls, BMSC newsletters, CSMO mid-year and year end messages
· BMSC process management to design and implement a system for tracking and reviewing all key projects and budgets across BMSC
· 4-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major
· 6+ years of relevant professional experience, demonstrating progressive career growth and a pattern of exceptional performance
· 8+ years of relevant professional experience, demonstrating progressive career growth and a pattern of exceptional performance
· Prior experience leading the planning and execution of strategic projects and communications in the Sales, Rev. Mgt., Marketing & Digital area.
· Prior experience in leading management consulting company.
Strategy Planning and Staff Meetings
- Lead BMSC planning process including development of the group’s long-term strategy, KPIs, key objectives and strategic initiatives
- Facilitate planning/ strategy discussions in order to achieve alignment among all the disciplines and between Global
- Drives agenda for staff meetings including preparation of any materials needed
Consulting Project Leadership
Leads cross-functional teams comprised of discipline experts from HR, Finance, other BMSC Planning & Services departments, and Asia Pacific S&M Leadership to:
- Develop, plan and implement key Asia Pacific initiatives with minimal oversight, working with senior leaders to meet project objectives and goals on time and on budget
- Create and deliver periodic and on-going presentations on findings and opportunities for senior management and other key stakeholders (e.g., owners)
- Actively engage internal partners (e.g., HR, OFS) to prepare content for materials as needed for deployment of BMSC initiatives
Project Management Leadership
Provide project management and analytical support for large, complex, cross-function implementation projects. Acts as a project management leader and day-to-day project decision maker with the following responsibilities:
- Accountable to the results of the project
- Provide content guidance to the project
- Participate in review cycles at key milestones & provide go/no-go decision
- Actively participate in strategy sessions
- Contribute to strategy development
- Develop and drive implementation plan
- Ensure appropriate sponsorship and resourcing
- Establish key milestones and approval roles
- Ensure timely delivery against milestones
Driving and Coordinating Internal Communications
- Lead BMSC APAC communication efforts by identifying needs, designing overarching strategy and executing the plan
- Own, develop and manage full scope from strategy to calendar of key messages for CSMO to ensure consistent, relevant and timely delivery of internal communications material within the organization
- Create, plan, and execute every aspect of BMSC APAC Leadership communications plan, including written and video messages from APAC Leadership as well as coordination of Town Halls
- Support key BMSC project related change management communications and ad hoc requests by BMSC department managers as needed
Managing and Conducting Human Resources Activities
- Hires, develops, and retains diverse talent that makes a strong, positive impact on the organization
- Builds teams with the appropriate mix of talent and skills to drive innovation and performance. Identifies talents of direct reports, and assists with their growth and development plans
- Facilitates regular, ongoing communication in department (e.g., staff meetings).
- Sets goals and expectations for direct reports using the performance review process and holds staff accountable for performance goals
- Promotes adherence to policies consistently, follows disciplinary procedures and documents items according to Standard and Local Operating Procedures (SOPs and LSOPs) and supports the Peer Review Process
- Conducts annual performance appraisal with direct reports according to Standard Operating Procedures
- Performs other reasonable duties as required for the position
· Communication - Conveys information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner through a variety of methods.
· Leading Through Vision and Values - Keeps the organization's vision and values at the forefront of decision making and action.
· Managing Change - Initiates and/or manages the change process and energizes it on an ongoing basis, taking steps to remove barriers or accelerate its pace; serves as role model for how to handle change by maintaining composure and performance level under pressure or when experiencing challenges.
· Problem Solving and Decision Making - Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; obtains and compares information from different sources to draw conclusions, develops and evaluates alternatives and solutions, solves problems, and chooses a course of action.
· Professional Demeanor - Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
· Strategy Development - Develops business plans by exploring and systematically evaluating opportunities with the greatest potential for producing positive results; ensures successful preparation and execution of business plans through effective planning, organizing, and on-going evaluation processes.
· Building a Successful Team - Uses an effective interpersonal style to build a cohesive team; inspires and sustains team cohesion and engagement by focusing the team on its mission and importance to the organization.
· Strategy Execution – Ensures successful execution across of business plans designed to maximize customer satisfaction, profitability, and market share through effective planning, organizing, and on-going evaluation processes.
· Driving for Results - Sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required.
· Customer Relationships - Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer/stakeholder needs and actions consistent with the company’s service standards.
· Global Mindset - Supports employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
· Strategic Partnerships - Develops collaborative relationships with fellow employees and business partners by making them feel valued, appreciated, and included; explores partnership opportunities with other people in and outside the organization; influences and leverages corporate and continental shared services and/or discipline leaders (e.g., HR, Sales & Marketing, Finance, Revenue Management) to achieve objectives; maintains effective external relations with government, business and industry in respective countries; performs effectively as a liaison between locations, disciplines, and corporate to ensure needed resources are received and corporate strategies are understood and executed.
Generating Talent and Organizational Capability
· Organizational Capability - Evaluates and adapts the structure of assignments and work processes to best fit the needs and/or support the goals of an organizational unit.
· Talent Management - Provides guidance and feedback to help individuals develop and strengthen skills and abilities needed to accomplish work objectives.
Learning and Applying Professional Expertise
· Technical Acumen - Understands and utilizes professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct and manage everyday business operations and generate innovative solutions to approach function-specific work challenges.
o Demonstrates working knowledge of discipline-specific systems, tools, and business practices.
· Basic Competencies - Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing basic work activities.
o Basic Computer Skills - Uses basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
o Mathematical Reasoning - Adds, subtracts, multiplies, or divides quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issues.
o Oral Comprehension - Listens to and understands information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
o Reading Comprehension - Understands written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
o Writing - Communicates effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.