Manages and/or provides dedicated account management support to a targeted portfolio of national accounts. Builds and maintains business relationships with key buyers by applying the principles of strategic account management to achieve account market share goals across all Marriott lodging brands in the market. Develops strong partnerships with buyers for the purpose of penetrating and growing market share and driving national account sales for all properties. Leverages Marriott’s products and services as a team member within their assigned account portfolio. Responsible for increasing Marriott’s preference, loyalty and profitable share within assigned national accounts and contribute to overall National Sales Team success through the direct sales efforts of revenue generation and value creation. Executes the overall account strategy for assigned national accounts to generate and maximize business.
Education and Experience
- Minimum of 5 plus years of relevant sales and marketing experience.
- Relevant university or college qualification or degree.
- Total Account Management experience.
- Hospitality sales experience.
- English language, written and spoken, local language added advantage
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
The role of the Sales Manager, National Sales is to support the National Sales Team vision and mission by executing transactional sales excellence.
Sales and Account Management
- Execute sales strategy to achieve account goals.
- Retains, expands and grows account revenue of assigned accounts through total account penetration, margin management, and implementation of sales and marketing initiatives.
- Penetrates assigned accounts for group and transient, as well as exploring opportunities for extended stay and catering sales business.
- Identifies and aggressively solicits new accounts in coordination with any relevant Sales and Marketing.
- Qualify potential accounts and re-qualifies existing accounts with accuracy.
- Demonstrates benefits of total account management and team-based sales.
- Develops opportunity sales plan with actionable steps to attain revenue goals.
- Identifies key purchase points and decision-makers that influence the “buy” decision.
- Maintains account information in Opera Sales and Catering to ensure accurate and up-to-date account reporting.
- Qualifies each business opportunity and recommend Marriott products that match both the customer needs as well as the hotel's business needs. Suggest positive alternatives whenever necessary.
- Leverages appropriate sales and property Leadership to ensure account saturation, pull-through of account strategies and selling solutions at the local property level.
- Assumes responsibility for proactive account, segment or regional sales.
- Supports data gathering, reporting & tracking functions.
- Understands traditional industry processes (pricing, RFPs, proposals, etc)
- Executes and supports Marriott's Customer Service Standards and hotel's Brand Standards.
- Executes exemplary customer service to drive customer satisfaction and loyalty by assisting the customer and ensuring their satisfaction before and during their program/event.
- Serves the customer by understanding their needs and recommending the appropriate features and services that best meet their needs and exceed their expectations, while building an Account and loyalty to Marriott International.
• Relates customer needs to product capabilities.
• Works with Revenue Management to support account strategy in-market.
• Builds and strengthens accounts with existing and new customers, industry organizations and brand network to enable future bookings, including sales calls, entertainment, familiarization (‘fam’) trips, trade shows, etc.
• Pursues initiatives to capitalize on strengths and market opportunities, and to counter competitive threats.
• Anticipates and quickly seizes opportunities not obvious to others to build customer satisfaction.
• Delivers on commitments to customers.
• Delivers value-added products and services to create long term customer loyalty.
• Focuses on two-way communication to ensure win-win relationship is maintained.
• Serves as the account’s “local service guarantee” by ensuring that outstanding service delivery is maintained at every customer touch point, issues are resolved timely and to the customers’ 100% satisfaction.
• Understands the overall market dynamics - competitors’ strengths and weaknesses, economic trends, supply and demand etc. and how to sell to assigned accounts. Act as the customer’s advocate through understanding account needs and opportunities. Identify emerging business opportunities and risks within assigned accounts and provide feedback to key stakeholders (i.e. property Leadership).
• Resolve guest issues that arise in the sales process effectively and brings issues to the attention of property leadership, as appropriate.
• Uses knowledge of Marriott’s operations, its markets and competitors to promote dialogue and enrich customer interactions.
Market Integration & Team Participation
• Ensures account sales strategies are communicated, implemented and updated as market conditions fluctuate.
• Facilitates educational opportunities that enhance credibility and integration between the National Sales Team and internal stakeholders.
• Identifies and cultivate relationships with key colleagues and stakeholders in other parts of the organization.
• Participates with account team in market pull-through activity.
• Performs other duties as assigned to meet business needs.
Marriott International is the world’s largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?