Senior Director, Digital & Social Marketing, Loyalty
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18002PI9
Job Category Sales and Marketing
Location Marriott International HQ, Bethesda, Maryland VIEW ON MAP
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
The Senior Director, Digital & Social Marketing – Loyalty will play a key role in creating the strategy, establishing key performance indicators, and executing digital marketing and social media initiatives for Marriott’s Loyalty programs. The role will be a core member of the Global Marketing Optimization organization and Loyalty team driving strategy and execution for digital and social media marketing programs to deliver against program and digital goals.
This person will be responsible for leading the definition, execution, reporting, and optimization for all digital marketing efforts supporting loyalty initiatives and promotions. This includes goal setting, social listening, measurement, reporting, optimization, content and creative management, program development and execution across multiple sites, networks and blogs –all focused on maximizing opportunities to achieve Loyalty marketing objectives. The individual hired into this role will be charged with understanding the fundamentals of building and repositioning programs in the digital space - developing break-through strategies and flawless execution to 1) effectively communicate program positioning and member benefits, 2) support a variety of individual Loyalty program goals (from driving enrollments to shifting program perception & branding) through all digital marketing disciplines. He/She will have a holistic view of the end-to-end customer experience coupled with the deep platform knowledge to help build strategies that optimize program experiences, smartly invest in high ROI marketing efforts, and create maximum platform leverage for Loyalty programs within broader portfolio and enterprise efforts.
This role will need to be an innovator – testing new platforms and boundaries in the digital space – while ensuring that all Digital & Social activities remain strategically aligned with the loyalty goals and deliver expected performance. This role will work with the loyalty teams to lead the strategy of social media experiences on key platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and others supporting the program’s overarching strategies (i.e. program perception, new member acquisition and lifecycle, etc). This role will provide key insights for the strategy and execution of digital advertising, in partnership with the Global Paid Media team as part of the Center of Excellence operating model, and identify how best to leverage the appropriate customer journey touch points to maximize impact for the loyalty program. This role will report to the Vice President, Digital and Social Marketing and partner closely with key members of the Loyalty Marketing team, peer Digital & Social brand leaders, global marketing optimization teams (Paid Media COE, Personalization, Strategy & Planning), creative and content studio, public relations, digital agencies, key hotel stakeholders, and the field/continental organizations. The role will manage a team of in-house associates, contractors, and agency resources. This role will also oversee the base budget for the Loyalty digital social admin budget. The ideal leader will have a passion for loyalty programs, hotel brands, digital & social and a drive to continually improve while being an active, visible, and enthusiastic leader in both the Loyalty and Global Marketing Optimization organizations.
Education and Experience
- College degree in Marketing, eCommerce, or related field.
- MBA or advanced degree in eCommerce/Technology management desirable.
- Demonstrated success managing large-scale transactional digital platforms and/or websites required.
- 10+ total years work experience (with 5+ years Digital experience) strongly desired
- 5+ years of managerial experience
- Proven experience with Performance marketing (preferably Digital) and metric optimization approaches
- Experience with Agile development methodologies
- Demonstrated CRM/Personalization experience
- Demonstrated experience development large new strategies and leading their cross-functional implementation through an organization
- Ability to solve problems quickly, think creatively, and satisfy Internet speed-to-market requirements
- Thrives in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Demonstrated experience and comfort with digital measurement, tracking methods, and analysis
- Experience with A/B and MVT research methodologies is a plus
- Proven ability to lead and work with cross-functional teams in support of specific business priorities
- Demonstrates self-confidence, energy and enthusiasm
- Effective written and oral communications skills. Sensitivity to global communication needs
- Demonstrated strong presentation, negotiation, and persuasion skills
- Experience leading direct reports and cross functional teams
- Ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects
- Dynamic interpersonal skills including team player that works well with counterparts from various functions/departments and can influence the work of counterparts without direct reporting accountability.
- Lead a team of subject matter experts who drive strategy and execution of holistic digital and social initiatives for Marriott’s loyalty programs (Marriott Rewards, SPG, Ritz-Carlton Rewards).
- Be an active, visible, and enthusiastic leader in both the Loyalty and Global Marketing Optimization organizations
- Responsible for working with loyalty team and cross-functional members of the Global Marketing Optimization team to craft strategy and prioritizing, managing, supporting and executing digital marketing strategy initiatives (program websites, social media, paid media, Marriott.com/SPG.com initiatives, field support) to support the loyalty programs.
- Innovate in digital and social – test out new platforms, sites, partners and creative to enable the programs to continue leadership position as a digital innovator; work with PR to gain press coverage on innovations
- With peer leaders for the hotel brands, contribute to digital brand ecosystem work and transformation of the holistic digital platform for brands and loyalty.
- Partnering with peer leaders for other brands, M-Live, and Social platforms teams, to develop a new operating model for an enterprise digital/social platform that balances economies of scale, standards, and brand individuality. Coordinate in-market presence and pull through enterprise priority messages and initiatives.
- Partner with CX Analytics to create and deploy standardized social measurement models
- Partner with Regional Digital Marketing teams to develop, manage, and grow market specific (e.g. China) digital and social media platforms that effectively and connect with local consumers in a member appropriate way while ensuring program brand voice and priorities are maintained.
- Collaborate with loyalty program leaders, drive digital/social strategy for program-level initiatives while also providing strategic guidance for regional and hotel-level initiatives.
- Manage agency / freelance resources and oversee strategic initiatives related to digital and social strategy.
OVERSEE TACTICAL EXECUTION OF DIGITAL & SOCIAL EFFORTS:
- Direct oversight of program-specific website strategies, optimizations, and day to day maintenance (ie: moments.marriott.com).
- Partner with Digital product teams for ongoing program positioning and member communications updates to Marriott.com/SPG.com websites.
- Work with agency and internal partners to deliver creative assets such as digital display, video, social media assets, paid search ads, emails, landing pages, website promotional placements
- Lead program social media content creation, approval of editorial calendar, and influencer programs implemented by agency or in house.
- Guide the overall social media monitoring and response strategy for Loyalty , promotions/contests and other activations implemented by agency or in house.
- Oversee development of the Social Media Playbook for hotels/field/agencies and lead calls related to this content as required by the program.
- Manage digital/social marketing budget for loyalty programs.
- Partner with CX Analytics team on digital dashboard publishing, regularly report out and make optimization recommendations based on performance and learnings to key stakeholders and executive team
CONSULT AND PARTNER WITH STAKEHOLDERS TO DRIVE BENEFICIAL STRATEGIES:
- Partner with loyalty marketing leads to develop branded content (video series, brand films, etc).
- Liaise with Marriott Content Studio and M-Live to collaborate on influencer strategies and content creation where relevant.
- Partner with peer leaders to establish measurement and content best practices to scale across all brands and loyalty.
- Develop strong relationships with subject matter experts and channel leaders, agencies, media and distribution partners to cost-effectively maximize opportunities for the programs while ensuring high-quality on-strategy creative is delivered.
- Monitor and report out on industry best practices and competitive/landscape trends
- Liaise with internal and external PR teams to ensure tight integration and holistic campaigns.
- Work with the hotels, field organization and agency partners to ensure local level social media is implemented and on strategy, ongoing communication will be critical
- Handle additional projects / functions as assigned
- Develops and maintains effective relationships with both internal and external stakeholders across the organization. Fosters a positive climate to build effective teams that are committed to organizational goals and initiatives.
- Updates stakeholders on key initiative wins and opportunities, responds to concerns, and solicits feedback. Engages leadership to develop and execute action plans to address gaps.
- Assists direct reports with building and maintaining stakeholder relationships as business partnerships.
- Hires, develops, and retains diverse talent that makes a strong, positive impact on the organization.
- Oversees a team of Marketing leaders and change agents to drive new thinking through the organization and transformation into a performance minded organization that is continually focused on optimizing the business outcomes.
- Creates a team environment that encourages accountability, high standards, and innovation.
- Sets clear organizational goals and expectations for direct reports using the performance review process and holds team accountable for performance.
- Continuously improves team and job structures and ensures clear leadership accountabilities are in place.
- Builds teams with the appropriate mix of talent and skills to drive innovation and performance. Identifies talents of direct reports, and assists with their growth and development plans.
- Supports individual team and department-wide efforts to improve organizational culture and work environment within the department as reflected in annual associate survey results and informal feedback forums.
- Facilitates regular, ongoing communication in department.
- Frequently develop and deliver updates to all levels of Executives through in-person presentations, conference calls, and written communications.
- Present strategy and optimization updates and results at key internal/external updates including: Continent forums, Executive updates, Owner/Franchisee meetings, etc.
- Represent Marriott as an industry expert through presentations at internal and external conferences.