Senior Interior Design Manager
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18002OOB
Job Category Global Design
Location Marriott International HQ, Bethesda, Maryland VIEW ON MAP
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Design is a life love, not just a job. It is in fact a physical manifestation of our brands. Candidates should have great creative vision and be a strategic thinker who can understand and engage with a wide variety of other disciplines and external owners/project managers. The primary focus of the position is our Marriott Select Brands – AC, Aloft, Courtyard, Element, Fairfield Inn, Four Points, Moxy, Residence Inn, SpringHill Suites & TownePlace Suite hotels.
On a project / tactical level, the successful candidate for this position provides design quality assurance and interior design management services and manages all aspects of franchised, managed, or corporate projects for new construction, conversion, or adaptive re-use. This individual has a passion for hospitality design and is able to inspire internal and external participants to create design solutions that thrill guests and align with brand strategy. The atmosphere within the team is collaborative, creative, demanding and fun with opportunities for growth within Global Design. This is your unique chance to make your mark and position yourself on the leading edge of hospitality design.
- Manages all aspects of franchised, managed or corporate interior design services for new construction, conversion, or adaptive re-use, inspiring internal and external stakeholders to create design solutions that thrill guests and align with brand strategy.
- Manages the design and documentation review process for compliance to brand image, quality, and aesthetic appeal.
- Reviews interior design concepts, technical drawing submittals, and FF&E specifications throughout all phases of project development.
- Presents and sells Brand design concepts and strategies to project stakeholders to inspire, educate, guide, and influence design outcomes.
- Works as a collaborative member of a multi-disciplinary, high-volume, deadline oriented design and project management team.
- Track, maintain, and report project data and milestones utilizing a database tool.
- Represents the design team to internal stakeholders, communicating the status of brand pipelines and aggregated project trends, design issues, and owner feedback.
- Partners with other senior managers to support the design leadership team.
- Reviews and approves mock-up rooms.
- Applies design talent to problem solving design exercises to achieve cost efficient results that align with the brand standards and the brand strategy.
- Responsible for documenting, maintaining, administering and improving the processes for delivering services.
- Supervises, directs, mentors, and trains assigned staff and outside consultants as necessary.
- Maintains clear communication with all department management levels and advises/consults on sensitive owner or project issues.
- Assists with quantity take-offs and FF&E bills of materials to support the procurement process
- Potential Travel: US / Canada – 25% travel is anticipated for this position
- Manages time allocation on projects in accordance with specific project budgets, deadlines, and/or direction established by Senior Management.
- Strong problem solving and creative solution skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Customer service focus
- Ability to build and maintain strong working relationships
- Strong business acumen and strategic thinking ability
- Ability to negotiate and be flexible when appropriate
- Ability to work in a high volume, fast-paced, deadline oriented environment as a member of a collaborative team.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple priorities and resources
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and resources
- Strong presentation skills
- Knowledgeable about innovation and trends
- Understands architecture documents and contract documents
- Proficient in Bluebeam, AutoCAD, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), and project management software is required. Skills in Revit, Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator), and Sketchup are desired but not required.
- 4-year degree from an accredited interior design program preferred
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in the design field, preferably in the hospitality design industry
- An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered
- NCIDQ certificate preferred