Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18002K21
Job Category Sales and Marketing
Location Canada Regional Office, Mississauga, Ontario VIEW ON MAP
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
The Sales Merchandiser executes the merchandising of group, contract, business transient and/or extended stay sales opportunities by using Marriott’s sales information systems and technology. The Sales Merchandiser serves as the point of contact between customers, GSO Sales Managers/Directors and the properties. In this role, the Sales Merchandiser utilizes sales techniques to maximize revenue and build customer loyalty. In addition, this position has direct accountability for select transactional sales activities for a designated number of group accounts.
- 4-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel and Restaurant Management required.
- Minimum of 2 years’ work experience in Sales and Marketing, Guest Services, Front Desk or related professional area.
- Prior experience in systems including SFAWeb CI/TY, Lanyon, Cvent and StarCite would be an asset
- Complete lead entry of customer opportunities as requested by manager and perform inventory search of hotel availability based upon customer request. Match hotel need dates with customers’ needs – ensure an offering to each customer.
- Compose and update response grids and customer communications as required.
- Evaluate, qualify and respond to leads in a professional and timely manner. Majority of communication will be via telephone, email and SFAWeb|CI/TY. Maintain open communication with managers, properties, NGS, RSO’s, and markets as needed regarding lead status.
- Act as the liaison between the customer and hotel(s) to present rate proposals, maximize or convert potential bookings, and assist in closing on business to ensure team and departmental goals are met.
- Ensure business is transitioned to designated property appropriately and in a timely manner for proper service.
- Provide service to customers to grow account share on behalf of MI, across the enterprise.
- Participate on project and account teams, executing activities that support strategic account management and team-based sales models.
- Join sales managers on sales calls, as appropriate.
- For assigned accounts, provide proactive account management with primary focus on the group segment. Maintain relationship with each accounts’ key group buyers/intermediaries who impact the accounts’ group buying process.
- Establish and maintain complete and up-to-date lead response information in SFA and other systems to ensure accurate reporting.
- Provide sales program/event coordination (e.g. Hotel Excellence, sales missions, trade shows), reporting support, and/or general administrative support.
- Provide coverage for managers when needed, including assisting with customer needs, lead entry and any additional duties as requested.
- Establish and maintain complete and up-to-date lead response information in SFAWeb|CI/TY and alternate information systems to ensure accurate reporting.
- Assist with the closing of business opportunities to ensure team and departmental goals are met.
- Generate and organize sales reports utilizing internal data systems (e.g. SFAWeb|CI/TY, Tableau).
- Monitor and evaluate GSO office processes and procedures; recommend improvements as necessary.
- Develop and maintain expertise in standard software applications such as MS Office, SFAWeb|CI/TY, Tableau, StarCite and Cvent etc.
- Act decisively to recover from mistakes. Know how to develop/propose/initiate solutions and when to involve a leader.
- Act independently to improve and increase skills and knowledge.
- Navigate the MI organization to achieve collaboration by leveraging relationships and knowledge.
- Identify and cultivate relationships with key colleagues and stakeholders in other parts of the organization.
- Work effectively in a virtual team-based environment.
- Prepare, edit and proofread written documents (e.g. communications, memoranda, reports, etc.) to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Express oneself clearly, concisely and effectively through written and verbal communications.
- Approach opportunities with a positive, open-mind.
- Display creativity and innovation to identify opportunities to improve departmental processes and programs that will enhance team productivity and/or business results.
- Gain the confidence and trust of others through consistent demonstration of authenticity and ethical standards.
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary materials and information.
- Complete projects, reports and program coordination or other duties, as assigned. Assist with additional office coverage whenever necessary.
- Demonstrate flexibility by concurrently supporting multiple team members and/or projects.
- Builds strong working relationships.
- Shares thoughts and feedback in a professional way.
- Considers how own behavior impacts others.
- Explains work in a way that encourages cooperation from others.
- Shows an understanding of customer/stakeholder expectations.
- Listens and responds to customers/stakeholders with empathy.
- Builds rapport and trust with customers/stakeholders to promote loyalty.
- Anticipates and quickly responds to customer/stakeholder requests or issues.
- Explains policies in a way that helps customers/stakeholders understand.
- Helps others feel valued and included.
- Works well with others regardless of their background or characteristics.
- Models the Company culture of service, opportunity, respect, and fair treatment.
- Acts when others are treated unfairly or are not valued and respected for their unique skills.
- Listens to and acknowledges different ideas and viewpoints.
- Supports associates and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures associates are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
- Shows an understanding of how each role on the team contributes to the work.
- Shows an understanding of goals, processes, and reporting relationships within the department.
- Understands scope of own decision‐making authority.
- Provides, seeks, and acts on constructive feedback.
- Shows an understanding of performance expectations.
- Works with manager to set and prioritize developmental goals.
- Builds relationships to attract top talent.
- Stays calm and focused during stressful situations.
- Asks questions to understand why change is happening.
- Uses resources to help deal with change or challenges.
- Expresses ideas in a clear and concise way.
- Actively listens and responds to others with understanding.
- Appropriately interprets verbal and non‐verbal behavior.
- Displays professionalism and gains respect from others.
- Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents Marriott in alignment with its values.
- Recognizes issues and makes suggestions to solve problems related to daily work.
- Breaks complex issues into manageable parts.
- Asks questions and gathers information before making a decision.
- Identifies and considers alternatives and their possible impact before making decisions.
- Makes decisions and takes action in a reasonable amount of time.
- Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; obtains and compares information from different sources to draw conclusions, develops and evaluates alternatives and solutions, solves problems, and chooses a course of action.
- Sets career goals and identifies areas for development.
- Uses available resources and challenging assignments to improve performance.
- Shares own learnings and best practices with others.
- Completes assigned training on time.
- Shows an understanding of how own work impacts Company and department performance.
- Shows an understanding of the drivers of Company and department performance.
- Identifies innovative ways to improve productivity and associate and customer/stakeholder satisfaction.
- Performs technical and complex tasks and solves problems within area of expertise.
- Models technical excellence and communicates the benefits of specific techniques in area of expertise.
- Uses appropriate facilities, equipment, and materials to perform the job.
- Follows current policies, procedures, and legal requirements.
- Works with team members to meet shared goals.
- Shows an understanding of how the team contributes to broader success.
- Shares with team members information needed to accomplish work.
- Tells other team members when they are doing a good job.
- Takes responsibility for being innovative and delivering work that exceeds requirements.
- Learns from mistakes.
- Participates in setting goals for the team or department.
- Looks ahead and lets manager know about possible challenges in completing assigned work.
- Keeps track of own current and future workload to make sure everything is completed on time.
- Prioritizes own activities and makes adjustments when appropriate.
Notification to Applicants: Canada Regional Office takes seriously its obligations under the Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and will provide accommodations to job applicants needing assistance. If you require an accommodation in relation to this job posting, our online application or an interview, please call 905-366-5227 or email CanadaApplicationAccommodation@marriott.com and a member of our Human Resources team will respond to your request. Please note that this phone number and email are only for those individuals who would like to request an accessibility accommodation as part of the recruiting process.