Marriott International is the world’s largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?
The Director of Online Retail will be an innovative digital marketing expert who balances intuition with analytics and collaboration. The successful candidate will have a proven understanding of all aspects of sales channel conversion including merchandising, promotions, analytics and product capabilities. This leader will be a big picture thinker who is also detail and results-oriented, organized and committed to flawless execution. In addition, the ideal candidate will be an inspirational leader who can articulate a vision and lead organizational teams and partnerships to realize it. The candidate should have the ability to influence at an executive level through exceptional business acumen, domain expertise and gravitas.
This candidate will develop and implement the strategic online retail marketing plan for Asia Pacific by prioritizing integration into Marriott-AP’s overall marketing strategy and identify unique opportunities for the business. In addition, this candidate will help identify, prioritize and execute on functional enhancements, product assortment changes/additions and create internal/external partnerships with the intent of growing revenues. Stays abreast of changes in the online marketing environment to best serve the objectives of the organization and adjusts plans accordingly.
Requires a bachelor's degree with at least 3-5 years of marketing & management experience within the eCommerce/Online Retail industry. The candidate will have a strong familiarity and working knowledge of third party marketplaces. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. Will work in conjunction with other internal and external groups to accomplish all goals. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
Dual reports to the VP of Marketing AP and Sr. Director of Online Retail (Global Operations). Minimal domestic and international travel required, and the position will primarily reside in Shanghai. No direct reports but will be managing our third-party fulfillment partner and work cohesively with the entire AP marketing and operations team.
The core focus areas/contributions for this role are:
1. Driving revenue growth for the online retail business
2. Building awareness for the business and identifying & prioritizing enhancements to the website in the form of product
assortment, content, functionality and optimization
3. Identifying third party channels for our business by leveraging partnerships (i.e. Alibaba) and leading channels popular marketplaces
· 7 years+ experience in leading marketing teams and/or consulting within the eCommerce industry
· Exceptional leadership skills, interpersonal skills, and relationship management skills. Ability to manage owned priorities while partnering in a large organization with several competing resource constraints.
· The ability to self-manage and manage others, across, up and down an organization- this role will work with minimal supervision and will treat the business as their own.
· Bachelors Degree required; MBA a plus.
· Specific digital / interactive marketing training / certificates highly preferred.
· Experience driving campaigns and engagements that can directly or indirectly track to significant impact on conversion,
with a proven focus on ROI.
· Experience planning, negotiating, buying and optimizing a variety of paid marketing campaigns to drive awareness and
a direct response.
· Strong familiarity building campaigns within WeChat and driving sales through TMall.
· Proven success within an entrepreneurial or “start-up like” environment within the eCommerce/Retail industry