Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 180029T6
Job Category Property Leadership
Location Constantine Autograph, Constantine City, Constantine VIEW ON MAP
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Functions as the primary team leader of the Autograph Collection property with responsibility for all aspects of the operation, most importantly managing a team of dynamic individuals and rallying them around a service culture that leaves a lasting impression. Maintains responsibility for guest and employee satisfaction, human resources, financial performance, sales and revenue generation, and delivering a return on investment to property ownership and Marriott International. Manages the implementation of a hotel service program with the objective of creating an extraordinary guest experience tailored to an independent-minded traveler. Demonstrates exceptional communication skills and manages employees directly and indirectly through leadership team. Holds property leadership team accountable for executing a customer-focused strategy and guides their individual professional development. Leverages Marriott International sales and revenue engines (e.g., M.com) and initiates appropriate proactive independent sales and public relations activities to build awareness and generate demand. Builds owner loyalty through proactive communication, setting and managing expectations, and delivering solid business results. Maintains active involvement in the local community and builds strong relationships with local officials, businesses, and customers. Represents Autograph Collection values in all leadership actions. Demonstrates creativity, operational excellence, an entrepreneurial management style, and the desire and ability to manage a standalone independent hotel brand without a major brand identification.
Education and Experience
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major highly preferred; 4 years’ experience in the guest services, front desk, housekeeping, sales and marketing, management operations, or related professional area.
• 4-year bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major highly preferred; 2 years’ experience in the guest services, front desk, housekeeping, sales and marketing, management operations, or related professional area.
Strong command of French essential
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Hotel Brand Champion
• Champions the Autograph Collection brand’s service vision for product and service delivery.
• Communicates a clear and consistent message regarding departmental and property goals to produce desired results.
• Makes and executes the necessary decisions to keep property moving forward toward achieving goals.
• Communicates a clear and consistent hotel brand message to employees, property leadership team, and owners.
• Provides inspiration and motivation to achieve operational excellence.
• Represents Autograph Collection and Marriott values in all leadership actions.
• Stays current with industry trends and monitors strengths and weaknesses of competition.
Business Strategy Development and Execution
• Develops and executes business plans designed to support the independent hotel brand, maximize customer satisfaction, profitability, and market share.
• Works with Executive Committee to develop an operational strategy that is aligned with the brand’s business strategy and leads its execution.
• Aligns property brand business plans with Autograph Collection strategies.
• Explores new business opportunities in local area.
• Measures and evaluates the success of property business strategies (e.g., in terms of customer experience and property performance) and uses this information to inform future business plan enhancements.
• Manages the implementation of a hotel service program with the objective of creating an extraordinary guest experience tailored to an independent-minded traveler.
Sales and Marketing
• Works closely with Sales and Marketing team to develop revenue generating strategies for property.
• Identifies new business leads, develops tailored sales approaches to reach niche markets with a preference for independent hotels, and actively pursues leads with Sales and Marketing team.
• Aligns sales and marketing strategies with Autograph Collection strategy and effectively executes against established goals.
• Encourages property leaders’ understanding of and leverages Marriott International sales and revenue engines (e.g., M.com).
• Initiates appropriate proactive independent sales and public relations activities to build awareness and generate demand.
• Leverages Marriott International sales and revenue engines (e.g., M.com) and initiates appropriate proactive independent sales and public relations activities to build awareness and generate demand.
Business Information Analysis and Revenue Management
• Reviews business related data such as market share, financial performance, inventory, employee engagement, and customer satisfaction to proactively address changing market conditions.
• Verifies that property operates within budgetary guidelines and achieves profit margin goals.
• Uses business information to identify indicators of product and service successes and opportunities for improvement; integrates business information into business plans.
• Identifies ways to grow occupancy, RevPAR, and market share by researching and staying aware of competitor strategies; controls labor and capital expenses.
• Works with Revenue Management team to develop effective pricing strategies, balancing seasonality, economy, customer segments, property objectives and customer satisfaction; establishes revenue strategy that supports Autograph Collection brand positioning in local market.
• Promotes demand forecasting and sound revenue practices to maximize yield.
Customer Relationship Management
• Demonstrates and communicates key drivers of guest satisfaction for the brand’s target customer.
• Delivers customer service aligned to the Autograph Collection brand strategy throughout the guest experience.
• Promotes employee understanding of expectations and parameters for delivering Lifestyle brand service.
• Reviews guest feedback with leadership team and facilitates appropriate corrective action.
• Uses personal judgment and expertise to develop innovative ways to enhance the customer experience.
• Stays available to solve problems and/or suggest alternatives to previous arrangements.
• Stays visible and interfaces with customers on a regular basis to obtain feedback on quality of product, service levels and overall satisfaction.
• Develops creative solutions to overcome obstacles related to continually improving guest satisfaction results.
• Utilizes customer feedback to recognize outstanding employee service performance and improve service delivery.
• Emphasizes and holds leadership team accountable for addressing service failures or potential service failures.
Public Relations Management and Local Engagement
• Establishes presence in the market by being involved in the local community, and by developing strategic alliances with local officials, businesses, and customers.
• Anticipates needs and seeks out large groups or high profile guests in order to deliver service.
• Promotes products, services, and events to attain optimal publicity (e.g., “PR buzz”).
• Takes advantage of the unique attributes of the local market and makes the guest experience original and authentic.
• Monitors and promotes room rates, specials, and local promotions at the property and in the surrounding locale.
Talent Management and Organizational Capability
• Functions as the primary team leader of the Autograph Collection property with responsibility for all aspects of the operation, most importantly managing a team of dynamic individuals and rallying them around a service culture that leaves a lasting impression.
• Creates a cohesive property team along with a dynamic Executive Committee with a passion for high performance and customer service.
• Provides coaching to Executive Committee with specific feedback and holds them accountable for performance.
• Creates and implements development plans for direct reports based on their individual strengths, development needs, and career aspirations.
• Identifies talent resources needed to strengthen property team.
• Builds rapport with employees by fostering an environment of open communication and treating all employees fairly.
• Demonstrates exceptional communication skills and manages employees directly and indirectly through leadership team.
• Actively manages employees when available.
• Fosters an “open door policy” work environment where employees can discuss work-related problems with managers.
• Works with Human Resources to ensure pay and benefits are appropriate for labor market.
• Celebrates the success of each employee in a public way.
• Helps maximize employee engagement and monitor local labor environment to address issues as needed.
• Demonstrates creativity, operational excellence, an entrepreneurial management style, and the desire and ability to manage a standalone independent hotel brand without a major brand identification.
• Builds strong rapport with property owners through proactive and on-going communication.
• Keeps owner informed of Autograph Collection initiatives and guest experiences.
• Provides owners with in-depth analysis of property performance, incorporating guest, financial and employee business data.
• Manages an effective balance between owner interests and Marriott/Autograph Collection brand interests and develops solutions that create value for both.
Company Policy, Procedures, and Autograph Collection Operating Standards Compliance
• Promotes property compliance with legal, safety, operations, labor, and Marriott/Autograph Collection brand operating standards.