Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 180025LV
Job Category Human Resources
Location Marriott International HQ, Bethesda, Maryland VIEW ON MAP
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
The Sr. Manager, Organizational Design & Human Resources is part of the America’s Shared Service HR organization and provides internal consultative HR services to key stakeholders within the Americas Sales, Revenue Management, and Marketing Organization. This role creates conceptual and detailed organizational design structures including reporting structures, job design, staffing requirements and other design components. This role reports to the Senior Director, Shared Services HR - Americas and partners with a cross-functional project team to define project objectives and develop operating plans and related processes to implement sustained human resource policies and programs that drive alignment with broader business objectives. The position will require a high degree of interaction with Corporate, Continent and Market leaders for the effective execution and delivery of specific human resource programs, products and services.
- 4-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related
- 6 years of relevant professional experience in sales management or related function, demonstrating progressive career growth and pattern of exceptional performance.
Manages projects to support the strategic vision of the Americas Sales strategic priorities.
- Participates in internal consulting projects across the America’s Sales, Management & Revenue Management (SMR) organization.
- Develops project plans to manage the planning and rollout of human resource strategies, initiatives, policies and practices within the Market in support of the strategic vision.
- Achieves operational objectives by contributing information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews, preparing and completing action plans, implementing plans, resolving project related conflicts; analyzing data to identify trends; determining system improvements and implementing change.
- Meets financial objectives by forecasting budget/resource requirements, preparing a project budgets, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances and initiating corrective actions.
- Identifies and manages project dependencies and critical paths. Plans and tracks project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools. Develops and delivers status update reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations.
Builds effective partnerships with key stakeholders.
- Partners with project stakeholders, including Continent and Market leaders, corporate project team leaders and Senior Director of Shared Services HR to successfully implement and pull-through HR processes and programs in the Market and ensure talent management and organizational effectiveness deliverables are achieved.
- Provides consultation to the Market sales leaders to maintain a positive work environment for sales associates. Collaborates with the Communications and Change Management team to develop and implement change management strategies and communications to better promote the vision for the new sales organization.
- Serves as a liaison between the Market and corporate project team to ensure that the HR solutions meet Market needs and can be effectively implemented and sustained in the Market organization.
Provides consultation and direct support related to HR Management to implement key strategic sales activities and plans.
- Contributes to the successful deployment of the new sales organization by providing informed viewpoints related to human capital management issues.
- Supports staffing and workforce planning efforts to ensure business needs are met.
- Analyzes and assesses the current state of the organization from a human capital lens
- Creates conceptual and detailed organizational design structures including reporting structures, staffing requirements, position leveling, sizing and other design components
- Provides expertise in creating job/candidate specifications and supports the identification of qualified candidates in a timely manner for key roles.
- Represents the needs of the market with regard to recruitment and hiring of sales talent and implements programs to attract, develop and retain top sales talent in the Market.
- Partners with corporate and Market compensation subject matter experts to design and implement a comprehensive compensation strategy including bonus/incentive plans for sales associates. Makes recommendations on total compensation decisions to support the ability to attract, develop, and retain top talent.
- Serves as a liaison with the Continent and Market HR teams to support effective implementation of launch-specific HR programs or practices through communication and change management practices.
- Co-manages the implementation phase of projects (i.e. creating the new organization), involving the end-to-end selection process to source and hire talent for the new organization
- Establishes a system and approach for monitoring the effectiveness of implemented HR programs. Serves as a critical point of feedback on the effectiveness of Market HR programs, policies and services by escalating risks/opportunities.
- Plays a proactive role in developing and establishing a Market HR infrastructure for the sales organization, including standardized processes, tools and templates.
- Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different tasks to respond to changing priorities and exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Adaptability - Maintains performance level under pressure or when experiencing changes or challenges in the workplace.
- Communication - Conveys information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner through a variety of methods.
- Problem Solving and Decision Making - Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; obtains and compares information from different sources to draw conclusions, develops and evaluates alternatives and solutions, solves problems, and chooses a course of action.
- Professional Demeanor - Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
- Building and Contributing to Teams - Participates as a member of a team to move toward the completion of common goals while fostering cohesion and collaboration among team members.
- Driving for Results - Sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required.
- Planning and Organizing - Gathers information and resources required to set a plan of action for self and/or others; prioritizes and arranges work requirements to accomplish goals and ensure work is completed.
- Coworker Relationships - Interacts with others in a way that builds openness, trust, and confidence in the pursuit of organizational goals and lasting relationships.
- Customer Relationships - Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer/stakeholder needs and actions consistent with the company’s service standards.
- Global Mindset - Supports employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
- Talent Management - Provides support and feedback to help individuals develop and strengthen skills and abilities needed to accomplish work objectives.
- Applied Learning - Seeks and makes the most of learning opportunities to improve performance of self and/or others.
- Business Acumen - Understands and utilizes business information to manage everyday operations and generate innovative solutions to approach business and administrative challenges.
- HR Management - Understands and utilizes professional skills and knowledge related to the Human Resources lifecycle areas (e.g., job design, recruiting and hiring, performance management, training and development, and compensation) to conduct and manage everyday business operations and generate innovative solutions to approach HR-specific challenges for the Sales Discipline.
- Basic Competencies - Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing basic work activities.
- Basic Computer Skills - Uses basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
- Mathematical Reasoning - Adds, subtracts, multiplies, or divides quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issues.
- Oral Comprehension - Listens to and understands information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Reading Comprehension – Understands written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Writing - Communicates effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.