Director, Data Strategy & Customer Analytics (Location flexible in Hong Kong/Shenzhen)
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 180024AA
Job Category Sales and Marketing
Location Asia/Pacif/Australia Region, Hong Kong S.A.R., Hong Kong VIEW ON MAP
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
The Director of Data Strategy & Customer Analytics, APAC will be responsible for developing and maintaining the data infrastructure and customer analytics capabilities to support the information needs of the APAC Continent team. This person will work with the CX Data Strategy and Analytics teams, and the APAC Continent team, to develop and deliver the data strategy and customer analytics roadmap for APAC. The director will provide technical and strategic consulting to large-scale APAC data and analytics projects; outline system and business process changes needed to improve the quality of data and customer analytics; and support APAC initiatives in the areas of data governance, data management, and analytics.
· 4-year degree from an accredited university in Computer Science, Information Technology, Business Administration or quantitative discipline;
· 2-year graduate degree from an accredited university in Business Administration or quantitative discipline preferred
· 10+ years of relevant work experience in business intelligence, data architecture, or analytics.
· Strong knowledge of data warehouse and/or data lake technologies and experience making data available for insights and analytics.
· Experience working with modern cloud data lake architectures is preferred
· Experience delivering insights through visualization tools such as Tableau
· Deep knowledge of how to generate value from data through the whole data supply chain, from ingestion to transformation and integration to delivery via reports, analytics, and data products.
· Experience leading cross-functional teams to develop reporting and information systems
· Proven track record of applying new technologies to solve complex business problems
· Working knowledge of available software and hardware technologies and experience with IT vendor selection
· Strong business acumen and ability to understand and make connections between business strategy, data science, and IT.
· Familiarity with data localization in China is preferred
· Fast learner and self-driven
· Provide leadership, consulting, and information expertise to achieve the goals for APAC Data Strategy & Customer Analytics:
o Local Data and Analytics Infrastructure: Work with Customer Experience, IT, and APAC team to develop and deploy an effective local data and customer analytics infrastructure
o Wei-Yo: Work with joint venture team (MI + Alibaba Fliggy) to develop and deploy data strategy and analytics model
o WeChat: Work with digital team to develop data strategy and analytics model for WeChat platforms
o Contribute to data strategy for a test & learn approach, including data collaboration model with various business partners
· Oversee data strategy and customer analytics projects to ensure they are in line with overall CX and APAC goals and long-term business strategies
· Effectively prioritize the implementation of data, reporting, analysis, and infrastructure projects to meet the demands of various stakeholders
· Manage vendors/technical staff to build the infrastructure to support reporting solutions in Cognos, Excel, Tableau, R, data warehouses, etc.
· Oversee development of systems and technologies that reduce manual processes and data quality issues relating to data capture
· Partner with CX and IT to build Data Strategy, Analytics and Reporting roadmaps for future years
· Partner with business leadership to secure funding for critical IT programs
· Proven ability to lead and manage data strategy, business intelligence, and customer analytics projects
· Excellent project management skills, with ability to independently manage multiple projects
· Ability to interface with systems professionals to develop decision support systems and ensure data integrity
· Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills, as well as public speaking. Ability to explain complex information in a way easily understood by a non-technical audience
· Ability to create a work environment that emphasizes innovation, empowerment, teamwork, continuous improvement, and a passion for providing service
· Leads by example demonstrating self-confidence, energy and enthusiasm
· Commitment to creating a positive, respectful atmosphere to attract and retain associates
· Communication - Conveys information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner through a variety of methods.
· Leading Through Vision and Values - Keeps the organization's vision and values at the forefront of decision making and action.
· Managing Change - Initiates and/or manages the change process and energizes it on an ongoing basis, taking steps to remove barriers or accelerate its pace; serves as role model for how to handle change by maintaining composure and performance level under pressure or when experiencing challenges.
· Problem Solving and Decision Making - Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; obtains and compares information from different sources to draw conclusions, develops and evaluates alternatives and solutions, solves problems, and chooses a course of action.
· Professional Demeanor - Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
· Strategy Development - Develops business plans by exploring and systematically evaluating opportunities with the greatest potential for producing positive results; ensures successful preparation and execution of business plans through effective planning, organizing, and on-going evaluation processes.
· Building a Successful Team - Uses an effective interpersonal style to build a cohesive team; inspires and sustains team cohesion and engagement by focusing the team on its mission and importance to the organization.
· Strategy Execution – Ensures successful execution across of business plans designed to maximize customer satisfaction, profitability, and market share through effective planning, organizing, and on-going evaluation processes.
· Driving for Results - Sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required.
· Customer Relationships - Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer/stakeholder needs and actions consistent with the company’s service standards.
· Global Mindset - Supports employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
· Strategic Partnerships - Develops collaborative relationships with fellow employees and business partners by making them feel valued, appreciated, and included; explores partnership opportunities with other people in and outside the organization; influences and leverages corporate and continental shared services and/or discipline leaders (e.g., HR, Sales & Marketing, Finance, Revenue Management) to achieve objectives; maintains effective external relations with government, business and industry in respective countries; performs effectively as a liaison between locations, disciplines, and corporate to ensure needed resources are received and corporate strategies are understood and executed.
Generating Talent and Organizational Capability
· Organizational Capability - Evaluates and adapts the structure of assignments and work processes to best fit the needs and/or support the goals of an organizational unit.
· Talent Management - Provides guidance and feedback to help individuals develop and strengthen skills and abilities needed to accomplish work objectives.
Learning and Applying Professional Expertise
· Technical Acumen - Understands and utilizes professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct and manage everyday business operations and generate innovative solutions to approach function-specific work challenges.
o Creative Expression-The ability to generate novel ideas or strategies, and to communicate them with unusual, clever, or novel methods that captivate and influence others.
o Brand Management-The ability to generate marketing strategies that create brand recognition and differentiation and ultimately have a positive impact on customer relationships and business profitability.
o Strong SQL and data modelling skills
o 5+ years report building experience using various software products (Cognos Report Studio, Tableau, MicroStrategy, Business Objects, etc.)
o 5+ years data modeling experience with various relational database applications (Oracle, DB2, Netezza)
o Excellent PC skills including proficiency using spreadsheets and database applications required
Basic Competencies - Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing basic work activities.
o Basic Computer Skills - Uses basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
o Mathematical Reasoning - Adds, subtracts, multiplies, or divides quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issues
o Oral Comprehension - Listens to and understands information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
o Reading Comprehension - Understands written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents
o Writing - Communicates effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.