Revenue Manager, The Americas (OSR)
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 180022K3
Job Category Revenue Management
Location Marriott International HQ, Bethesda, Maryland VIEW ON MAP
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Members of the Operations Support Resources team will be deployed to temporary assignments of varying durations (based on specific hotel needs) as directed by CLS Leadership. This job is designed to "fill the gaps" in the operations of our hotels as identified by leadership.
This job will require members of the team to travel extensively; however, relocation is not expected. The time in position requirement will follow the standard company policies. Performance will be evaluated after each assignment via an appraisal from the General Manager/Department Head of the hotel where the assignment occurred. This position is responsible for providing tactical support to stakeholders by providing Group Strategy and Senior Revenue Management support for hotels and in Marriott systems, such as High Performance Pricing, MARSHA, CI/TY, One Yield, etc.
- Analyzing and Reporting Revenue Management Data
- Responsible for providing tactical support to Revenue Managers within Global Remote Solutions in the Marriott systems, such as High Performance Pricing, MARSHA, MarRFP, Epic,
- Loading rate offers into High Performance Pricing
- Auditing MARSHA and other systems for accuracy
- Entering reservations & group blocks for pre-opening hotels.
- Running reports from Marriott systems
- Updating MARSHA strategies
- Assisting Revenue Managers in balancing the MARSHA & PMS systems
- Ensuring that the maximization of revenue potential by monitoring straight line availability of transient inventory and making recommendations to Revenue Manager
- Ensures compliance and participation in company promotions and eCommerce channels.
Analyzing and Reporting Revenue Management Data
- Identifies the underlying principles, reasons, or facts of information by breaking down information or data into separate parts.
- Generates and provides accurate and timely results in the form of reports, presentations, etc.
- Analyzes information, identifying current and potential problems and proposing solutions.
- Submits reports in a timely manner, ensuring delivery deadlines.
- Extracts and analyzes data in order to draw viable/actionable business conclusions. Provides revenue analysis functional expertise to general managers, property leadership teams and market sales leaders.
- Prepares forecasts of revenue, profit, demand and occupancy for rooms and function space – three-month and six month, long range and budget.
- Prepares revenue and profit opportunity analysis.
- Manages all revenue, profit and demand data associated with rooms and function space.
- Provides inventory management functional expertise to Managers of Lead Evaluation and Revenue Analysis.
- Manages room authorizations, rates and restrictions.
- Manages function space authorizations, restrictions and rental.
- Ensures that the hotel(s) sales strategies are effectively implemented in the reservation system and the inventory system.
- Monitors transient and group inventory daily to ensure straight-line availability and maximization of revenue potential for all brands.
- Communicates brand specific Revenue Management philosophies as they pertain to the brand's Revenue Management System recommended strategies.
- Communicates brand philosophies to property staff and stakeholders.
- Ensures all hotels follow brand strategies that will maintain and/or increase the hotel(s) revenue per available room (RevPAR) and revenue per available square foot (RevPAS).
- Understands the working relationship between sales, reservations and property management systems.
- Works with other people to gather the information necessary to manage projects, achieve goals, and resolve problems.
- Understands and accurately represents individual property needs.
- Provides recommendations to improve effectiveness of revenue analysis processes.
- Communicates brand initiatives, demand and market analysis to hotels/clusters/franchise partners/owners.
- Promotes and protects brand equity.
- Prepares sales strategy critique.
- Travel required, approximately, 10-25% with potential of up to 100%
- Performs additional duties, departmental and/or total hotel related, as assigned.
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Finance and Accounting, Economics, or related major.
- At least 2 years of experience in revenue management or related professional area.
- Must be detail oriented and have excellent follow through
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written
- Preferred knowledge of MARSHA related to building rate programs, implementing sell strategies, and building hotel information
- Preferred knowledge of Property Management Systems
- Preferred knowledge of Marriott’s revenue management System (OneYield)
- Preferred knowledge of CI/TY
- Ability to make sound decisions with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated knowledge of revenue management concepts, tactics, and processes
- Good understanding of brand standards, philosophies, and goals
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.