Senior Payroll Analyst
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 180021V2
Job Category Finance and Accounting
Location Marriott Business Services, Louisville, Tennessee VIEW ON MAP
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Project Catapult is the next step in fulfilling Marriott’s vision of a single integrated Workforce Management Platform and includes the implementation of cloud-based Human Capital Management (HCM) and payroll applications, as well as the replacement of the US based Payroll system. Project Catapult will be implemented in 2020 and will include Payroll for US and UK initially.
As a member of the Project CATAPULT team, the Senior Business Analyst will assist in implementing a new Payroll application and business process solution for Marriott International. Specifically, the Senior Business Analyst will primarily support activities during the design, development, build, and test phase of the project including System Test, Integration Test, and User Acceptance Test. The Senior Business Analyst will participate in design sessions and support activities related to designing and documenting payroll business processes. She/he will also play a role in test script preparation and execution to include identifying and documenting test conditions, producing and reviewing test scripts, executing test scripts, documenting errors found during testing, assisting in error resolution and providing status updates as required. The Senior Business Analyst will also assist with general business and process analysis, the development of training materials and go-live and post production activities.
- Provide payroll subject matter expertise to the project team through the design, build, test and rollout of the new solution.
- Perform system user acceptance testing.
- Enhance the skills of users and “coaches” by providing input into the development of training materials (i.e. job aides, on-line help, classroom, etc.).
- Assist in tracking and resolving issues.
- Perform other duties as assigned to meet business needs.
- Minimum 5 years experience with enabling technologies in a global organization.
- In-depth knowledge of payroll applications and business processes.
- Experience in the area of hotel operations or finance for Marriott. Understands business needs related to payroll.
- Experience in the implementation of a large business initiative (preferred).
- Demonstrates experience in creative and innovative application of technology for business change.
- Must have extensive personal computer experience with a strong background in Microsoft Office applications (e.g., Word, PowerPoint, and Excel).
- History of consistently delivering business results.
- Ability to communicate ideas, both orally and in writing.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint applications.
- Ability to communicate ideas both orally and in writing.
- Baccalaureate degree in Accounting, Finance, Hotel Administration, Information Systems or related discipline preferred.
- There are no specific requirements for position location