Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 180020TR
Job Category Legal
Location Hong Kong Development, Hong Kong S.A.R., Hong Kong VIEW ON MAP
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
This role functions as a paralegal assisting lawyers focused on Development in the Asia Pacific Law Department and is based in Hong Kong. The position covers all countries in the Asia Pacific region with the exception of the PRC.
Key responsibilities include:
-Proactively assist the lawyers in the team in the execution of all aspects of hotel transactions, including:
- drafting, reviewing, amending, analyzing and negotiating legal documents and business communications;
- preparing signing authorities and assisting with pre-execution formalities;
- attending project closings and managing the execution of agreements;
- following-up and completing post-closing items; and
- conducting legal research as requested.
· Maintain and update template agreements and franchise disclosure documents.
· Establish, maintain and update databases and web-based platforms used by the legal team.
· Prepare and conduct trainings and presentations.
· Chinese (Mandarin) translation of short form agreements/documents.
· Perform other duties and special projects as requested.
Education and Experience
· At least a bachelor degree (or equivalent).
· Approximately 5+ years of relevant work experience in a law firm or law department, with an intermediate understanding of legal terminology, processes and drafting.
· Fluent in both written and spoken English and Chinese (Mandarin).
· Strong organizational and time management skills.
· Strong project and case management skills.
· Strong user skills across common platforms (e.g. Microsoft Office, Imanage, Excel, PowerPoint and Law Manager).
· Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to collaborate well with others on the team and across different teams.
· Strong communication skills (written/verbal).
· Strong attention to detail.
· Demonstrates initiative and leadership in generating new concepts, approaches and methods.
· Ability to perform well under pressure with minimal supervision, while producing a high volume of accurate work.
· Diligent, dependable, enthusiastic and willing to learn.
· Experience in preparing presentation materials (e.g. PowerPoint presentations and videos) is an advantage.