Executive Personal Assistant to the Chief Legal Counsel
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18001ZU7
Job Category Administrative
Location Dubai Development, Dubai, United Arab Emirates VIEW ON MAP
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
The Executive Personal Assistant reports to the Chief Legal Counsel, Middle East & Africa, supporting the Chief Legal Counsel and other members of the MEA legal team based in Dubai (5-6 people). The Executive Personal Assistant should exercise high degree of business acumen in making professional judgments and maintaining confidentiality. The Executive Personal Assistant will perform department administrative functions; manage meeting schedules and travel planning and coordination. The Executive Personal Assistant should be able to conceptualize and create non-routine documents and implement highly automated work processes and general administrative improvements.
• Minimum of 5 years of administrative experience.
• Demonstrated experience in working in a fast-paced, multi-task environment, providing administrative support to multiple supervisors.
Skills and Knowledge:
• Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communications skills
• Sensitive to the dynamics of the regional cultures and experience on how to deal with the Executive Assistants of our owners, many of whom are members of Royal or Ruling families
• Ability to maintain and treat highly confidential information with absolute discretion
• Enthusiastic with an attractive personality and positive outlook
• Very presentable (may be meeting our owners/investors etc and organising events on our behalf with our properties)
• Maintains high performance standards: ensuring that all work is effectively complete, monitors the progress of work against schedules and budgets, works effectively by using a highly collaborative style
• Meets customer needs by developing and maintaining effective relationships with both internal and external customers and by promoting a customer service orientation with the organization; is a resource to others
• Fosters relationships and a positive climate to build effective teams that are committed to organizational goals and initiatives; demonstrates flexibility in approach
• Creates an atmosphere in which timely information flows smoothly both upward and downward through the organization; possesses exceptional communications skills
• Supports, manages and initiates change within the organization, taking steps to remove barriers or to accelerate its pace; is often a resource to others
• Actively pursues learning and self-development to enhance personal, professional and business growth; shares learning
Education or Certification:
• Must be fluent in English – spoken, written – and experienced at communicating at all levels
• A base level of Arabic or French would be desirable but not essential
The following are specific responsibilities and contributions critical to the successful performance of the position:
Acts as a “gate-keeper” for the Chief Legal Counsel, MEA time by managing his calendar. This involves using discretion in identifying critical items, setting up meetings and making scheduling changes with minimal involvement by the General Counsel.
Composes all types of correspondence, documents, or presentations on behalf of the Chief Legal Counsel, MEA to be shared and used by top executives of the company. Correspondence may be directed toward senior level executives or outside organizations.
Makes travel arrangements and prepares the travel itinerary for the Chief Legal Counsel . The travel may involve multiple stops, extended trips and frequent/unanticipated changes.
Proactively maintain files for Chief Legal Counsel, MEA and department common files and maintain department trace system (staff review dates, monthly conference calls, senior management meetings, etc.).
Prepares Chief Legal Counsel, MEA expense accounts and as necessary reconciles expense accounts as reflected on the distribution summary or operating statement; identify discrepancies; and prepare variance analyses to explain comparisons to last year’s results on the current year budget. May assist in the development and forecasting of budget items.
Arranges or performs administrative functions for small to large-scale meetings or conferences that are typically multi-day in length. Responsible for evaluating alternatives and making decisions regarding logistics and pricing for the room and audio-visual set-up, catering, meeting agenda and materials, and possibly travel arrangements for the participants. Incumbent will be responsible for managing all administrative aspects for meetings and conferences. Travel may also be required on the part of the incumbent.
Handles special reporting projects and requests, which could include presentations, monthly reports, budget schedules, accumulating data / information from hotels and providing business scorecards, when needed. This work may include data entry and/or basic analysis, creating/updating reports, using key MI reports/databases, performing data entry into a mainframe application and developing databases or spreadsheets.
Basic administrative functions such as meeting scheduling, copying, filing and distribution of materials. Various research projects and other duties as assigned.
Process data through an automated administrative system. This may include processing items such as expense reports, accounts payable, payroll and personnel data. Performs research and follow-up necessary to solve problems encountered.
Identify areas where new administrative policies and procedures may be necessary within a department. The incumbent will initiate the project to develop the new policy or procedure.
Research questions and problems regarding Continent/Department or administrative policies, procedures, information and services, including questions that are complex in nature. Research typically requires obtaining data from multiple sources. Incumbent is viewed as a resource to others on these areas.
Order supplies for the department. Ensuring that there are always supplies available to other members of the department.
Support for other special projects as assigned (i.e. ordering department gifts, organizing department functions, relocating department, assisting with new hires and transfers, etc.)
Answers departmental telephone line(s); provides callers with responses to all types of requests, both routine and those requiring research and follow up; directs calls to the appropriate person or takes messages. Develops alternatives to handle requests when many times the problems are not clearly identified or involve sensitive issues. Routinely responds back directly to the caller after performing research or follow up.
• Performs other related tasks as assigned by management.
• Complies with Marriott International and Middle East & Africa Office policies and procedures.
• Working hours as required to do your job but normally not less than 48 hours per week.
• Commitment to ensure all tasks are completed and a 24x7 “attitude”. Totally flexible regarding working hours/overtime/weekend working.
• Executive Personal Assistant would be provided with an iPhone and would be expected to be able to respond to urgent requests from the Chief Legal Counsel, MEA after hours and weekends.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.