Marriott International is the world’s largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?
The Director of Loyalty & Partnership, China is a key member of the continent Digital, Loyalty, and Portfolio marketing leadership team. This position will lead overall loyalty and partnership strategy in China Reporting to Senior Director, Loyalty Partnership & Portfolio, this role will work close collaboration with the corporate office and leadership team within AP and Regional offices, plan and executive region’s loyalty, portfolio marketing and partnership in a manner that is locally relevant and aligned with global strategy. In addition, this role is responsible for driving loyalty program performance within the region Overarching goals include:
• Localization: Localize Marriott International’s award winning loyalty program(s) through innovation partnerships and joint venture loyalty marketing, breakthrough communication strategy & activation
• Acquisition: Expand the penetration of MI’s loyalty programs in the market through above property channels
• Awareness: Drive visibility of all MI brands & loyalty program in the market
• Engagement: Develop & execute the overall member engagement strategy to drive member experience, retention & in turn loyalty
• Program delivery: This position will be responsible for driving the share of occupancy & the topline
• Innovation: Drive new product development to enrich MI loyalty programs and brands
Education and Experience Preferred
• 4-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Marketing, or related major
• 5+ years of relevant professional experience in brand activation, media promotion, partnership marketing, internal consumer marketing, marketing strategy, demonstrating progressive career growth and pattern of exceptional performance.
Key experience includes:
• Partnership and e-commerce experience strong preferred
• Working with multi-disciplinary teams to achieve a common goal.
• Strong ability to manage through influence rather than direct reporting relationships
• Experience marketing through various channels: direct mail, email, web, contact centers, social media
• Experience managing and delivering multiple projects simultaneously
• Project management skills, including a demonstrated ability to lead multi-functional project teams to drive concrete results and actions
• Must have excellent relationship development and management skills with both internal and external business partners; ability to say no with defensible business rationale
• Proven ability to interact and influence all levels of the organization through persuasive communication and analysis
• Analytical mindset and familiarity with financial principles
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Loyalty Program Management
• Accountable for oversight of program fundamentals for the region (e.g., economics)
• Educate properties and regional stakeholders on the program fundamentals
• Serves as a Loyalty program champion to all regional stakeholders.
• Drive hotel performance on key loyalty metrics; address trends as needed
• Ensure program standards compliance
• Provide Owner/Franchisee support – from curation of loyalty financial story, to stakeholder education, to issue resolution.
• Partner with Operations and CLS to ensure delivery of member preferences on-property
• Drive loyalty localization based on consumer research.
• Support the evolution and impact of the F&B loyalty experience
Loyalty & Portfolio Marketing and Partnerships
• Collaborate with and provide input through lens of Greater China region to Continent and Global Loyalty teams to ensure that key platforms (e.g., Global Promotions) and projects include region’s business needs
• Partner with Continent’s Loyalty Marketing and Partnerships leads, develop and maximize region’s loyalty and loyalty partnership marketing plan.
• Manage promotions & partnership calendar for the region
• Manage region’s media plans and promotional budgets
• Provide marketing promotion guidance to hotels
• Establish and execute an engagement plan for paid and owned digital to drive acquisition and incremental value
• Localize and activate the moments program
• Create and execute local events to acquire new members or to recognize Elites
• Coordinates with PR at a corporate, continent and region level, as needed
• Pull through multi-brand messaging and Portfolio/Loyalty creative / messaging
• Partner with Continent’s Partnership lead, provide strategic framework on activating partnership and creating regional specific partnerships
• Develop partnerships that address key business needs in the region
• Partner with Operations, CLS and Sales & Marketing teams (not limited to), ensure pull-through of global, continent and region partnerships to properties
• Represent region’s objectives to Continent and Global Partnerships teams
• Align marketing fund planning with business insights to support, promotions, and influence partner relationship and promotional activities within the region
• Provide Marketing planning for regional airline partnerships
Build & execute the loyalty and partner marketing strategy for the region:
• Develop the strategy to expand the program reach in the market to drive both inbound & outbound travel from the market
• Support all new hotel openings in the market through partner channels
• Develop the strategy for driving inbound business to the market
• Support the hotel teams to deliver seamless member experience
• Develop & execute the marketing & communication strategy
• Drive all topline initiatives to drive the portfolio
Management of partners and strategic relationships for Marriott International in China
• Develop networks and strategic partnerships to help develop brand awareness, drive revenue growth, provide experiences for Member base
• Implement partnership strategies to increase the reach and impact of our ongoing efforts in advancing the company’s marketing & business development activities
• Continent partnership with marketing, brand, communications sales team to support relationship development opportunities
Oversight and coordination of partnership execution; buzz marketing and Member Engagement
• Work closely with the Marketing, Operations, and eCommerce teams to enhance and add partnerships that fit the needs of Members and key stakeholders in the market
• Conceptualize new strategic initiatives/programs that to drive further alliances with external organizations with the goal of differentiating the Marriott brand, developing Member experiences, driving awareness to Marriott value proposition and products
Partnership Strategy & Infrastructure
• Develop and manage reporting and financial tracking of strategic partnership activities
• Develop and manage partner agreements
• Deliver professional sales presentations to potential partner organizations with the ability to persuade and close business.
• Provide timely and accurate reporting of pipeline, strategic partnerships and management activities.
• Understand the competitive environment and the local customer attitudes / behaviors
• Adaptability - Maintains performance level under pressure or when experiencing changes or challenges in the workplace.
• Communication - Conveys information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner through a variety of methods.
• Problem Solving and Decision Making - Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; obtains and compares information from different sources to draw conclusions, develops and evaluates alternatives and solutions, solves problems, and chooses a course of action.
• Professional Demeanor - Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
• Building and Contributing to Teams - Participates as a member of a team to move toward the completion of common goals while fostering cohesion and collaboration among team members.
• Driving for Results - Sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required.
• Planning and Organizing - Gathers information and resources required to set a plan of action for self and/or others; prioritizes and arranges work requirements to accomplish goals and ensure work is completed.
• Coworker Relationships - Interacts with others in a way that builds openness, trust, and confidence in the pursuit of organizational goals and lasting relationships.
• Customer Relationships - Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer/stakeholder needs and actions consistent with the company’s service standards.
• Global Mindset - Supports employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
Generating Talent and Organizational Capability
• Organizational Capability - Evaluates and adapts the structure of assignments and work processes to best fit the needs and/or support the goals of an organizational unit.
• Talent Management - Provides guidance and feedback to help individuals develop and strengthen skills and abilities needed to accomplish work objectives.
Learning and Applying Professional Expertise
• Applied Learning - Seeks and makes the most of learning opportunities to improve performance of self and/or others.
• Business Acumen - Understands and utilizes business information to manage everyday operations and generate innovative solutions to approach business and administrative challenges.
• Technical Acumen - Understands and utilizes professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct and manage everyday business operations and generate innovative solutions to approach function-specific work challenges.
o Communications and Media-Knowledge of media production, communication, and dissemination techniques and methods. This includes alternative ways to inform and entertain via written, oral, and visual media.
o Marketing-The ability to generate the strategy used in sales techniques, communications, and business development to positively impact customer relationships and business profitability
• Basic Competencies - Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing basic work activities.
o Basic Computer Skills - Uses basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
o Mathematical Reasoning - Adds, subtracts, multiplies, or divides quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issues.
o Oral Comprehension - Listens to and understands information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
o Reading Comprehension - Understands written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
o Writing - Communicates effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.