Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18001WPX
Job Category Procurement, Purchasing, and Quality Assurance
Location Marriott International HQ, Bethesda, Maryland VIEW ON MAP
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
- Completes project purchase orders and ensures timely delivery of quality materials.
- Coordinates and balances project workload and ensures projects are completed on schedule.
- Queries vendors/suppliers on lead times, price points in preparation for completing purchase orders.
- Communicates schedule requirements and changes to vendors and installation contractors.
- Assists in validation and execution of delivery schedules with suppliers, installers, freight companies and properties.
- Tracks project materials with vendors to maintain schedule and expedites exceptions to minimize delays.
- Maintains project correspondence and tracking of documents, samples and drawings.
- Informs designers or client of damage, loss, discontinued, long lead or returned items; obtains reselections.
- Functions as day-to-day contact for routine project issues.
- Resolves damage/loss issues with vendors, carriers and receiving locations.
- Completes and implements Bill of Material changes and notifies appropriate associates and/or clients of changes, cost and delivery impact.
- Monitors and resolves receipt/inventory issues with receiving locations.
- Assists the Agent/Manager with project closeout reconciliation process.
- Obtains warehouse, drapery closing inventory reports; research reasons for excess inventory, obtain disposition from client.
- Ability to Travel
- Purchasing system knowledge
- Verbal, written communications skills
- Computer proficiency
- Team player and ability to work independently
- Knowledgeable about innovation within industry
- Solid understanding of business practices
- Basic problem solving skills
- Ability to build strong working relationships
- Solid customer service skills
- Basic negotiation skills
- Solid organizational skills
- 4-year degree preferred or equivalent work experience within the industry.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in procurement, preferably in the hospitality design industry