Market Sales Manager MICE for the USA (m/f)
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18001W9I
Job Category Sales and Marketing
Location Berlin Shared Service Center, Berlin, Berlin VIEW ON MAP
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Responsible for proactively soliciting and handling group/catering related opportunities for The Ritz-Carlton, Berlin and Berlin Marriott Hotel. Maintaining and developing existing and new accounts- total account management. Actively up-sells each business opportunity and appropriately places business into the right brand/property to maximize revenue. Achieves personal and team related revenue goals. Ensures business is turned over properly and in a timely manner for proper service delivery and in accordance with brand standards. Responsible for driving customer loyalty by delivering service excellence throughout each customer experience.
Education and Experience
· High school diploma or GED; 2 years experience in the sales and marketing, guest services, front desk, or related professional area.
· 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; no work experience required.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Building Successful Relationships that Generate Sales Opportunities
· Works collaboratively with off-property sales channels (e.g., Event Booking Center, Market Sales, Strategic Accounts) to ensure sales efforts are coordinated, complementary and not duplicative.
· Builds and strengthens relationships with existing and new customers to enable future bookings. Activities include sales calls, entertainment, FAM trips, trade shows, etc.- focus on USA and Canadian market
· Develops relationships within community to strengthen and expand customer base for group/catering sales opportunities.
· Manages and develops relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
· Provides accurate, complete and effective turnover to Event Management.
Conducting Daily Sales Activities that Achieve Department Goals
· Responds to incoming group/catering opportunities for the property that are outside parameters of the Event Booking.
· Uses negotiating skills and creative selling abilities to close on business and negotiate contracts.
· Uses sales resources and administrative/support staff effectively.
· Develops new business opportunities and actively searches for innovative sales approach applying the companies principles that sets us apart of the competition.
· Executes and supports the operational aspects of business booked (e.g., generating proposal, writing contract, customer correspondence).
Using Knowledge of Market Trends and Target Customer Information to Maximize Revenue
· Identifies new group/catering business to achieve personal and property revenue goals.
· Understands the overall market - competitors' strengths and weaknesses, economic trends, supply and demand etc. and knows how to sell against them.
· Closes the best opportunities for the property based on market conditions and property needs.
· Monitors same day selling procedures to maximize room revenue and control property occupancy.
· Gains understanding of the property's primary target customer and service expectations; serves the customer by understanding their business, business issues and concerns, to offer better business solution both prior to, and during the program/event.
Providing Exceptional Customer Service to all Guests and Customers
· Supports the company's Service and Relationship Strategy, driving customer loyalty by delivering service excellence throughout each customer experience.
· Services our customers in order to grow share of the account.
· Executes and supports the company's Customer Service Standards and property's Brand Standards.
· Provides excellent customer service consistent with the daily service basics of the brand.
· Executes exemplary customer service to drive customer satisfaction and loyalty by assisting the customer and ensuring their satisfaction before and during their program/event.
· Partners with Event Management and/or Operations in providing a customer experience that exceeds the customer's expectations.
· Sets a positive example for guest relations.
· Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
· Attends pre- and post-convention meetings to understand group needs, obtain feedback on quality of product (e.g., rooms, meeting facilities and equipment, food and beverage), service levels and overall satisfaction.· Serves the customer by understanding their needs and recommending the appropriate features and services that best meet their needs and exceed their expectations, while building a relationship and loyalty to the company.
· Adapt tp the customes preferences and needs, being able to provide luxury experiences as well as business oriented.
Additional Sales and Marketing Responsibilities
· Utilizes intranet for resources and information.
· Conducts site inspections, FamTrips, etc which supports the property in achieving and maximizing customer relationship, market share and revenue goals.
· Participates actively in and practices daily service basics of the brand.
Ensuring fostering team work to achieve overall property goals