Manager, Buzz Marketing
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18001ULZ
Job Category Sales and Marketing
Location Marriott International HQ, Bethesda, Maryland VIEW ON MAP
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
The Manager, Buzz Marketing plays a key role in activating Buzz Marketing campaigns that deliver against Global Marketing and Global Brand objectives. This role will work closely with key internal disciplines (e.g., Brand, Loyalty, PR, Creative & Content, Social + Digital, Legal, Continent, Properties, etc.) and external stakeholders (e.g. Partners, Agencies, etc.) to project manage comprehensive activations on behalf of Marriott’s Brands and Loyalty programs. He/she will both individually manage smaller activations and also support specific work streams for larger, team efforts. In addition to campaign activation, this role will be responsible for working with various teams to develop reports and debriefs following activation completion. The ideal candidate will be a highly detail-oriented self-starter who thrives in consensus-driven organizations and who possesses stellar project management and interpersonal skills. Candidate should also have a strong creative and technical background in preparing well-designed, executive-facing decks and materials via PowerPoint. Excel, Word, OneDrive, OneNote, Outlook, Skype, Google Drive are also heavily required skills. Agency (or agency management), social, digital and experiential marketing experience strongly preferred. Adaptability to change also a must.
Education and Experience Preferred
- 4-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Marketing, or related major.
- 5+ years of relevant professional experience in marketing or related function, demonstrating progressive career growth and pattern of exceptional performance.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
- Works with key stakeholders and peers to build, manage and flawlessly execute both external and internal promotional plans related to Buzz Marketing activations.
- Assists Director of Marketing with managing production agencies to keep projects on time and within budget.
- Assists Director of Marketing in liaising with various Global Marketing and Marriott corporate teams to ensure collaboration and necessary stakeholder approval for various campaign elements.
- Works with cross-collaborative activation teams to build comprehensive reports and debrief documents following activations, including the oversight of creative internal marketing videos that are produced by agency partners.
- Develops activation plans and supporting documents – one page briefs, kick off decks, RACIs, executive briefing documents, etc.
- Assists Director of Marketing in managing and delivering against activation budgets.
- Develops a keen sense of brand standards for Marriott’s loyalty programs and brands to ensure strong and on-brand creative pull through for all buzz activations.
- Participates in brainstorms to ideate buzz concepts for partner activations and company initiatives.
- Performs administrative tasks, such as meeting minutes, scheduling meetings, printing documents, preparing presentations, etc. as needed.
- Travels to activations to support senior staff in managing cross-collaborative teams, attending executives, agency resources, troubleshooting and engaging as necessary on the ground.
- Supports internal Global Marketing activations and company initiatives as necessary.
- Maintains a pulse and passion for out-of-the-box experiential marketing campaigns by conducting research on brands activating across the globe.
Delivering on the Needs of Key Stakeholders
- Understands and meets the needs of key stakeholders.
- Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish work.
- Determines priorities, schedules, plans and necessary resources to ensure completion of any projects on schedule.
- Collaborates with internal partners and stakeholders to support business/initiative strategies
- Communicates concepts in a clear and persuasive manner that is easy to understand.
- Generates and provides accurate and timely results in the form of reports, presentations, etc.
- Demonstrates an understanding of business priorities.
- Coordinates and implements work and projects as assigned.
- Complies with Federal and State laws applying to procedures.
- Generates and provides accurate and timely results in the form of reports, presentations, etc.
- Analyzes information and evaluates results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Manages the flow of questions and directs questions.
- Works with team to put sustainable work processes and systems in place that support the execution of the strategy.
- Establishes and maintains complete and up-to-date information to ensure accurate reporting.
- Represents team in resolving situations.
- Maintains and manages inventory and service operations.
- Informs, updates, and provides information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person in a timely manner.
- Attends and participates in all relevant meetings.
- Presents ideas, expectations and information in a concise, organized manner.
- Uses problem solving methodology for decision making and follow up.
- Maintains positive working relations with internal customers and department managers.
- Manages time effectively and conducts activities in an organized manner.
- Performs other reasonable duties as assigned by manager.
- Builds credibility with others and encourages strong working relationships.
- Creates a work environment in which others feel comfortable sharing thoughts and feedback.
- Shows awareness of how own behavior impacts others and the work environment.
- Encourages others to work together.
- Models and empowers others to anticipate and respond to customer/stakeholder preferences and feedback.
- Clearly explains policies in ways that create strong customer/stakeholder relationships.
- Monitors customer/stakeholder satisfaction and takes appropriate action.
- Resolves customer/stakeholder issues and concerns raised by others.
- Creates an environment where everyone is valued and included.
- Models and coaches others on representing the Company culture of service, opportunity, respect, and fair treatment.
- Acts when others are treated unfairly or are not valued and respected for their unique skills.
- Looks for and uses ideas and opinions from diverse sources.
- Attracts, develops, and retains a multicultural and multigenerational workforce.
- Gives all associates the opportunity to achieve their full potential.
- Organizes activities that promote inclusion.
- Maintains an awareness of changing customer/stakeholder and associate characteristics.
Generating Talent and Organizational Capability
- Ensures the work is organized so it can be effectively completed.
- Continuously improves work processes.
- Brings together the appropriate mix of associate knowledge and skills to complete work.
- Coaches others on scope of technical decision‐making authority.
- Uses meetings and other forums to regularly communicate status of work.
- Provides, seeks, and acts on constructive feedback.
- Develops others by identifying needs and providing resources in area of expertise.
- Uses professional networks to attract top talent in area of expertise.
- Participates in the hiring process and ensures successful on‐boarding of new associates.
- Models and coaches others on staying calm and focused during stressful situations.
- Communicates to others why change is happening and how it impacts their work.
- Models flexibility when managing multiple demands and changing priorities.
- Provides resources that help others deal with change and challenges.
- Adjusts team and own priorities when experiencing change or challenges.
- Determines how change impacts stakeholders and communicates concerns to leadership.
Communication and Professional Demeanor
- Clearly presents complex information using different methods.
- Adapts communication style based on the audience.
- Demonstrates active listening to ensure understanding.
- Models and coaches others on appropriately interpreting verbal and non‐verbal behavior.
- Models and coaches others on displaying professionalism and gaining respect from others.
Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Identifies issues and makes suggestions to solve complex problems affecting daily work.
- Models and coaches others on breaking complex issues into manageable parts.
- Looks for and shares information with others before making a decision.
- Models and coaches others on identifying and evaluating alternatives and their implications before making decisions.
- Involves and gains agreement from others when making key decisions.
- Makes complex decisions and works with others to implement solutions in reasonable amount of time.
Learning and Applying Professional Expertise
- Sets own career goals and identifies developmental areas for self and others.
- Uses resources and challenging assignments to improve performance of self and others.
- Gathers, shares, and uses information about industry and discipline trends and best practices.
- Budgets for training to support associate development, as applicable.
- Coaches and holds others accountable for professional growth.
- Ensures others understand how their work impacts property and team performance.
- Coaches others on the drivers of performance and their impact on key business and property metrics.
- Shows an understanding of how different customer/stakeholder groups have different revenue potential.
- Identifies innovative ways to improve, productivity, customer/stakeholder satisfaction, and profitability.
- Maintains advanced technical knowledge and skills and models their use for others.
- Models and promotes the appropriate use of facilities, equipment, and materials to perform the job.
- Demonstrates and shares expertise in policies, procedures, and legal requirements.
- Manages and completes complex technical assignments and coaches others on solving advanced technical issues.
- Demonstrates and reinforces technical standards and processes to support work requirements.
- Identifies innovative technical approaches and communicates how they can improve processes or business functioning.
Building and Contributing to Teams
- Promotes teamwork by explaining how each associate supports shared goals.
- Builds commitment to team goals by explaining how they support department and property success.
- Works with team members to solve issues and make decisions that impact them.
- Manages disagreements among team members.
- Recognizes department, team, and individual achievements.
Driving for Results
- Creates a team environment that encourages accountability, high standards, and innovation.
- Makes sure others understand performance expectations.
- Sets and tracks goal progress for self and others.
- Monitors the work of others to ensure it is completed on time and meets expectations.
- Breaks down barriers so team members can accomplish their work.
Planning and Organizing
- Prioritizes group activities based on importance, urgency, and impact to goals.
- Manages team workload and delegates assignments appropriately.
- Ensures team members have the equipment, materials, and other resources needed to accomplish their work.
- Avoids conflicts when setting project timelines and communicates key milestones and deadlines to others.